I am so sick of my lack of self esteem holding me back.

I have some wonderful opportunities, but my self esteem is holding me back. I've fucking tried everything to get better, but lol nope. I'm going to be like this for the rest of my life. fuck this shit :grump:

I'm feeling generous. Tell me an entertaining or unbelievable true story, and if I like it, I'll give you a month/3 month premium.I'll give out at least 3.
Comments457
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I have a similar issue :/ I don't really know what to say...

as for a story? I dunno if it's good :p
I once lost a job (that I hated.. they made us ignore health and safety... I got badly burnt, then got in trouble because I screamed. and they ripped us off on pay more than once, or called us in then sent us home after 2 minutes because they changed their minds about how many people they needed. That boss was later fired for her behaviour... ) partially because there was a tiny green tree frog in the freshly opened packet of diced lettuce. (

This was better than the time there was half a caterpillar... I don't know how the frog avoided being chopped, but i was happy for it. Instead of ...Idk, leaving it and letting it get fried or stepped on by accident, I spent about 15 minutes, trying to catch it, as it proceeded through the entire kitchen, then out into the dining areas. If you've never tried to catch a tiny frog, this is an energetic and somewhat acrobatic activity- those things can move. Much jumping and diving ensued. Also some crawling under tables, and finally, climbing onto a chair to fetch it off the wall, and into a takeaway tub, intended for coleslaw.

By the end of it, the boss... and all of the customers.. were fully aware that there was a tiny frog. Of course, I had no idea she was upset at that time, as she didn't want to draw more attention, or look bad in front of customers, by telling me off for playing catchfroggy. She said 'deal with it'...and I was trying to. The customers were variously rooting for the frog, or offering me advice. As my hands were wet to avoid hurting it, it wormed out of my grasp when I eventually got it- so the whole process continued for a few more minutes. I let it outside unharmed but slightly dazed. After my shift, I found it in the little 'nature stip', to take it to my mum's rainforest-style garden, which seemed a more suitable habitat.

It was about a week later they stopped calling me in- they never 'officially' fired me, so six months later when there was a public holiday for the show, and everyone was mysteriously 'sick' that day... I got a call out of the blue, as if they'd never stopped rostering me on, saying they needed me urgently. Since I was still annoyed at them (they'd ripped me and a couple of people off to the tune of $200 each by means of 'creative' accounting)I said SURE I could be there! (..I never said I WOULD ... :) ) Then went to the show. Oddly, 5 of the people who were 'too sick' to work were there *grins*
You probably won't like what I have to say but the best way to feel better about yourself is by having success in your life. Go forth and snag one of these opportunities, and you don't have to like doing it but just do it. It may pay off in the long run. :)
Do not be so hard on yourself as I have felt the same way. There is a cool video just uploaded that is wicked.

[link]
I think lots of people have low self esteem, the results of who know's what? Could be family, situations, or how you perceive yourself. I perceive myself as being ugly, and I get lots of reinforcement of that fact on DA. But you know, you just gotta deal with it and rise above it all. I know my family loves me, real people and not some internet bullies. What they think matters, no one else. Don't let negative people and thoughts rule you or make or break your day. Just think to yourself that you are one of a kind, and one of a kinds are more valuable than something that is mass produced. :)
My girlfriend beat the french olympic Judo representative 2 years ago in an MMA round. Audrey Tcheumeo came to Angers to honor us and decided to go on a one on one with a few of the more capable fighters. My girlfriend ended up tapping her.
Yeah, I know that feeling man. *solitude hug*
Opportunity to get a free
3 month premium membership..

Eh..
I know exactly how you feel. I find if I graph my self esteem over a lifetime, I can notice a very small increase from the depths of my self-esteem that was high school school. I think that's the only thing that keeps me sane: Slim hope that time is, very very gradually, fixing this issue.
Oh, now it makes sense. You are a slut because you think having sex makes you feel wanted? Or it could just be the guys putting another notch on the bedpost?
No doll-face, I have sex because sex is awesome. ;)
Awesome with the right people, not with the whole team. ha ha
You're missing out, poor baby!
Yeah, missing out on the clap and and the new antibiotic resistant Gonorrhea makes me sad. If these STD's keep getting more and more resistant to penicillin and other antibiotics, pretty soon nothing will be curable.
That's funny because I have no STDs dollface. But I'm sure having them did make you sad. :(
View all replies
For a story: About a month ago my cousin came over to visit me and my family for the weekend. So, we decided to make a bet with my dad that whoever beats the other in a basketball game the loser has to wear a pink dress like a Barbie, make-up and do a silly dance. Out of some sort of luck me and my cousin won. xD So we dressed up my dad in a BRIGHT pink dress, put so much make-up on him that it looks like a box of crayola markers raped his face and made him wear heels. Then he did a silly dance like that one troll face plz that dances. :icontrolldanceplz:
When I was little I used to say a lot of weird shit. Once on the bus, I turned around and faced this teenage boy.

"My dad is bigger than you :stare:"

"Yeah. So?"

":stare:...

:stare:

So he has a bigger penis than you :unimpressed:"

I kinda put mum in a few embarrassing situations when I was younger.
Oh, also, if you want an entertaining story, here's my contribution:

I was at the cinema sometime last year, probably watching the Dark Knight Rises, or some other film. Anyway, during the adverts, that anti-piracy ad comes up with 'The Pirates' from that animated film. The backing track to it is Tenpole Tudor's Swords of a Thousand Men, which happens to be a favourite song of mine. I start singing away, and they cut the music before the end. In the silent seconds before the next ad, the whole cinema hears me sing the song. :|
I liked MaryYana's story. I think she has a bigger penis than that guy too.
The key difference is one of us was old enough to know better/not make ourselves look an actual tit. :lol:
When I was little, I pulled the head off one of my dolls by mistake. So what did I do? I made a little cardboard coffin and a burial shroud for the doll and held a funeral for it. I then buried it in the garden.
I used to have the worst self-esteem ever. I don't know what happened, but one day (shortly after I got rid of my pathetic mooch of an ex) I just woke up and felt happy with myself. I still have these days every once in a while where I feel awful all over again, but it usually doesn't last too long.

Now for my story.
When I was about five or six, and my younger brother was three, our gran would come visit every Friday while my parents went out for a date or something similar. Once, when they came home, they found three pounds of deli-sliced cheese stuffed under the pantry door in the kitchen. It was all gross and melty, and when they asked who did it, my brother (quite proudly) said it was his idea, so my gran wouldn't eat all of the cheese. Apparently, this happened all the time at that age .-. He started doing it with other deli meat after that.
:hug: Sorry. I know how you feel and it's definitely frustrating.

As for a story. Last week in Sunday school, my nephew's (7yo) class was learning about the creation of the world. Each kid was drawing something about the various stages and my nephew was to draw "the beasts of the land." Thanks to him I now know the garden of eden housed a Bigfoot :lol:
I used to be like that. Then suddenly I realized that I am awesome and that I love myself and I've been that way ever since. I really don't know what happened. I think somebody injected me with something