Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
February 10, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 456

I am so sick of my lack of self esteem holding me back.

:icondivine--apathia:
divine--apathia Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
I have some wonderful opportunities, but my self esteem is holding me back. I've fucking tried everything to get better, but lol nope. I'm going to be like this for the rest of my life. fuck this shit :grump:

I'm feeling generous. Tell me an entertaining or unbelievable true story, and if I like it, I'll give you a month/3 month premium.I'll give out at least 3.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsewlolita:
SewLolita Featured By Owner Feb 27, 2013   General Artist
I have a similar issue :/ I don't really know what to say...

as for a story? I dunno if it's good :p
I once lost a job (that I hated.. they made us ignore health and safety... I got badly burnt, then got in trouble because I screamed. and they ripped us off on pay more than once, or called us in then sent us home after 2 minutes because they changed their minds about how many people they needed. That boss was later fired for her behaviour... ) partially because there was a tiny green tree frog in the freshly opened packet of diced lettuce. (

This was better than the time there was half a caterpillar... I don't know how the frog avoided being chopped, but i was happy for it. Instead of ...Idk, leaving it and letting it get fried or stepped on by accident, I spent about 15 minutes, trying to catch it, as it proceeded through the entire kitchen, then out into the dining areas. If you've never tried to catch a tiny frog, this is an energetic and somewhat acrobatic activity- those things can move. Much jumping and diving ensued. Also some crawling under tables, and finally, climbing onto a chair to fetch it off the wall, and into a takeaway tub, intended for coleslaw.

By the end of it, the boss... and all of the customers.. were fully aware that there was a tiny frog. Of course, I had no idea she was upset at that time, as she didn't want to draw more attention, or look bad in front of customers, by telling me off for playing catchfroggy. She said 'deal with it'...and I was trying to. The customers were variously rooting for the frog, or offering me advice. As my hands were wet to avoid hurting it, it wormed out of my grasp when I eventually got it- so the whole process continued for a few more minutes. I let it outside unharmed but slightly dazed. After my shift, I found it in the little 'nature stip', to take it to my mum's rainforest-style garden, which seemed a more suitable habitat.

It was about a week later they stopped calling me in- they never 'officially' fired me, so six months later when there was a public holiday for the show, and everyone was mysteriously 'sick' that day... I got a call out of the blue, as if they'd never stopped rostering me on, saying they needed me urgently. Since I was still annoyed at them (they'd ripped me and a couple of people off to the tune of $200 each by means of 'creative' accounting)I said SURE I could be there! (..I never said I WOULD ... :) ) Then went to the show. Oddly, 5 of the people who were 'too sick' to work were there *grins*
:iconqvy:
Qvy Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2013
You probably won't like what I have to say but the best way to feel better about yourself is by having success in your life. Go forth and snag one of these opportunities, and you don't have to like doing it but just do it. It may pay off in the long run. :)
:iconcool2view:
Cool2View Featured By Owner Feb 21, 2013
Do not be so hard on yourself as I have felt the same way. There is a cool video just uploaded that is wicked.

[link]
:iconorangekrissy:
OrangeKrissy Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013
I think lots of people have low self esteem, the results of who know's what? Could be family, situations, or how you perceive yourself. I perceive myself as being ugly, and I get lots of reinforcement of that fact on DA. But you know, you just gotta deal with it and rise above it all. I know my family loves me, real people and not some internet bullies. What they think matters, no one else. Don't let negative people and thoughts rule you or make or break your day. Just think to yourself that you are one of a kind, and one of a kinds are more valuable than something that is mass produced. :)
:icontotally-dead:
Totally-dead Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
My girlfriend beat the french olympic Judo representative 2 years ago in an MMA round. Audrey Tcheumeo came to Angers to honor us and decided to go on a one on one with a few of the more capable fighters. My girlfriend ended up tapping her.
:iconsoda-with-cyanide:
soda-with-cyanide Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013  Student General Artist
Yeah, I know that feeling man. *solitude hug*
:iconfuzzyhair:
Fuzzyhair Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013   General Artist
Opportunity to get a free
3 month premium membership..

Eh..
:iconbohobella:
bohobella Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
I know exactly how you feel. I find if I graph my self esteem over a lifetime, I can notice a very small increase from the depths of my self-esteem that was high school school. I think that's the only thing that keeps me sane: Slim hope that time is, very very gradually, fixing this issue.
:iconorangekrissy:
OrangeKrissy Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013
Oh, now it makes sense. You are a slut because you think having sex makes you feel wanted? Or it could just be the guys putting another notch on the bedpost?
:iconbohobella:
bohobella Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
No doll-face, I have sex because sex is awesome. ;)
Add a Comment: