3DS

So... as a bit of a background story my house got robbed a couple days before christmas and it was really awful. My bother's laptop and his new 3DS that he got as a christmas present were both stolen. My DSi, along with all of it's games and attachments were also stolen along with my purse.
I was pretty mad about this but I chose not to share with with the complaints forum via complaint simply because it was something that I didn't want to whore out for attention. Instead, I sucked it up. I canceled my debit card, went to the DMV and made a new copy of my license, and I saved up some money and bought myself a new DS. I thought,"Hey, why not just upgrade while I'm at it so I can buy the new games?"

So I got a new 3DS and I'm pretty pleased with it save for a few gripes. I will compile them in convenient list form for your enjoyment.

1. Region blocking- Whyyyyyyy???? Why would you do this? Now I actually have to wait for games to come out instead of buying them early and dealing with moonspeak. :c Animal Crossing New Leaf, how I long to play you. Also, all of my other Japanese games are now unplayable. Maybe I can sell them to some weaboos at the next con or something. I'm planning on having a booth open anyways.

2. I tried connecting with a friend over animal crossing wild world and found out that DS and 3DS are incompatible for wireless connections! I understand that Nintendo is trying to do away with the regular DS but NOOOOOOOOO D:

3. My 3DS seems so breakable. My screen is super loose and wobbly, and the overall feel of my DS is way more fragile than my old DSi. The newer 2DS's that are out seem to be made out of much better material. I tried saving money by buying mine used, and google is telling me that the earlier 3DS's often have loose hinges to try and prevent them from breaking. Apparently they were too tight on the DS, DSlite, and DSi?
My little cousin bought a 3DS and it doesn't seem to have this problem.

4.Half the good games aren't even released yet. :c I'm talking Pokemon x and y, luigi's mansion, animal crossing new leaf, ect. This system has been out for years now!! I understand that Nintendo is taking their time to make the games perfect but I'm insanely antsy.

end complaint.
Comments57
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Nintendo is terrible with release day games. Abysmally terrible.
I have dreamed about new leaf for a wile, and they just pushed it back again to june. OTL.
I had my DSI stolen out of my dad's car, I miss it a lot. :( I've been meaning to get a new one, I was thinking about getting a 3DS but it doesn't have a whole lot more to offer for me, and after what you have to say about it, eeeeh...
My 3DS screen is like that too. If you jerk your hand while you're playing it, it'll tilt. My old DS's screen was much better in that aspect. It didn't move unless you intentionally made it. I'm okay with it though. I only really ever play Ocarina of Time on it anyway.
Back in my day we had the original nintendo, your lucky to play with such high tech gadgets
And that must mean that I'm not allowed to have any sort of criticism for said devices, huh.
I'm trying to convince myself that I need to go get a 3DS just because of Pokemon X&Y. I just can't see spending that kind of money on a system that makes my eyes bleed. I know you can turn off the 3D, but then why spend the money on a 3DS if you're not going to us the 3D....
I got it so that I could continue to play the new games that come out. And I'm not going to lie, they look really good. :o
I've never NOT gotten the new Pokemon games. Honestly its probably the only reason I even have a DSi. I just sort of wish they were doing the same with X and Y as they did with the others and released a DSi version and a 3DS version..
1)The region locking thing only affects 3DS games. So lets say you got Pokemon Diamond version in JP or EU regions, it'll still work.

2) shit must be bananas (is the WIRELESS slider on the right hand side glowing yellow? If not, the Wireless is off and on the main menu, just flick it on since you wont be able as soon as you start your game.) because i can connect fine to my shitty ass DSlite (RIP hinges) to trade pokemon wirelessly fine from diamond to black 2 with no problems.

3) mine's screen hinges are really tight i like it that say since i didn't like my DS lite's wobby as fuck broken top screen.

As for games, welcome to the Nintendo 3DS hype train enjoy your stay :c Im here until October.
1) I realize that now. Another person in the forums pointed it out. I just assumed since the Japanese 3DS games wouldn't work, then neither would the DS ones. But wrong I was. :)

2)Also, I felt pretty stupid when I figured this out. But yeah.. I realize this now. XD

3) Mine is wobbly. :( However, it doesn't detract from gameplay too much. According to the people at my local vidya game store, as long as I'm not rough with it then it shouldn't get much worse. I figure if worst comes to worst, I can see if I can find someone willing to repair it. :shrug:

I'll be satisfied for a while once animal crossing new leaf comes out. :c But I haven't heard a single peep about when it's coming out. SOUTH KOREA is getting it before us!! What the heck?
My 3ds seems pretty sturdy.. And at least there are some awesome games on the way! =D They'll be released soon. Just have patience.
Ds's get the loose hinge problem over time and it will likely only get worse.

it's the one major flaw of them that I despise.

the best thing you can do with it is to get a case with its own hinges. the nerf cases work well for this plus it'll make the device feel less fragile

but hey with pokemon at least there will be a global release.
I'm confused how your Japanese games are now unplayable when they were stolen before you had a 3DS? :slow:
I kept them separate since after the English versions came out, I just started playing those instead. :shrug: But nearly all over my games which had the majority of my saved data were all stolen, sadly.
That suuuucks. At that rate I'd just buy one of those hacked cards you can download games onto via piracy, since you already paid for them all. But I honestly don't remember how one gets one, my dad bought mine from some sketchy underground store way back when the original DS came out and I suppose I don't actually know how well they work on 3DS.
If you're talking about R4's, they don't fit in the 3DS! :lol: the R4 cartriges are made differently than the 3DS's cartridge slot so even if you try forcing the thing in, it just wont go.
Yeah. Especially on pokemon since I had a buttload of pretty badass/rare pokemon. And now I have to start from scratch.

I had a SHINY RAQUAZA, for pete's sake. Granted, I got it from cheating with my action replay but that's stolen too so it's not like I can get it back again, anyways. Among other things I had victini, a bunch of deoxys, a plethora of shiny pokemon that I got from trading with others, and more. Plus all of my boyfriend's saved data which I had because I was trading some pokemon with him and it was still in my DS case when it was stolen.

And I'm not sure if I'm really going to go to the trouble of finding one of those card things, though. I'd probably have to buy it from some shady seller in Hong Kong or some shit. O_o Unless they make action replay for a 3DS/
Take better care of your 3DS. :shrug: I've dropped mine a couple of times, but the screen isn't loose at all. Don't blame the system for your own negligence.
It was like this when I bought the 3DS. Don't just assume that I did it myself. I've never dropped it or even used it roughly. I play it normally and keep it in an armored case when I'm not.
Yea i agree the region blocking is silly, i have the psvita as well and its not region locked which is great!
I also agree that the build quality does seems a little hmm cheap, compared to the DSi, mine is a little loose too.
I havent touched my 3DS in about 2 months, last game i got was final fantasy theatrhythm, the next game im looking forward to ise pokemon x and y , but thats a while away =/
Yeah, I think the most durable ones were the DS originals, though. Do you remember those? I still have one of those and they're just plain tanks!
yea i remember those i have one and its terrible in design =)