Shop More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
February 10, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 91

That old laptop has given me bad memories!

:iconppgrainbow:
ppgrainbow Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
You might remember this forum thread "Non-compter savvy people should be banned from the internet" from last Winter. Since I got internet access back, a lot has changed since then.

The same old nutcase mentally challenged 18-year old adult who I still cannot name, cut holes on the wires attached to the backup battery pack, but ultimately tried to ruin the Toshiba Satellite P15-S420 laptop by attempting to stuff a blanket in the fan on the back of the aging laptop. :roll:

Now, the aging laptop has issues to a point where it will shut off by itself under heavy load...which means that the laptop won't work correctly anymore.

As for the Toshiba Tecra 720 CDT laptop, I compromised the kid to give the laptop to me in exchange for some watches. I upgraded the hard drive as well as maxing out on the memory. And even added a 8.1 GB PCMCIA hard drive and a PCMCIA network card.

Since the exchange from the laptop for watches, I took very good care of it for the rest of 2011, all of last year and into the first two weeks of this year. When I was planning to get a seller refurbished Compaq TC1000 for $139, I made the decision to wipe all of the data off the external PCMCIA hard disk and the hard drive itself. I simply do not have the time anymore to recreate a partition, reformat and install another operating system all over again...as that unit is almost 17 years old now!

And since the hard drive and memory on the laptop was upgraded...it was my property. And no...because that creep destroyed a Pentium III laptop and attempted to ruin the nine-year old laptop, I have absolutely no plans to reverse the exchange and give the clunker laptop back to him as he will even attempt to ruin the clunker laptop too.

And furthermore, I will not let him get his own way for begging and asking when he'll get his laptop back again...because, there is a good chance that he'll ruin it. I pretty much lost all respect for that damn kid.

Now, I'm gonna try to either sell it or recycle it completely. It will only be a matter of time when I prepare the nearly 17-year old clunker laptop for its demise! :evillaugh:

And, no...I afraid that I cannot afford to get the faulty hard drive on the Compaq TC1000 replaced right now. :(

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013
17 years.. o.o
ppgrainbow Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Yep. I feel that it would be totally pointless for me or anyone else to continue using the Tecra 720CDT laptop into perpetuity. :(
:iconwalkingren:
WalkingRen Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013
Just run away with the computer
:sprint:
I'd rather abandon it completely and decide later what I'm going to do with it as it has not been touched for almost a month now.
Just donate it to charity
I probably make a final decision of what I'm going to do...but I'm not going to do it right now.

Sorry.
:shrug:
:pat:
:(
:icondetective-inspector:
Detective-Inspector Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I have had so many problems with my toshiba(I put a few 44. rounds in it a few years ago to end the pain).
The story:
Two weeks after I first bought it,(2005) the battery wouldn't hold a charge. Toshiba sent me a "refurbished" one that wasn't worth my time. Then the motherboard broke, TWICE. I got two refurbished motherboards, then the warranty expired.

Lesson learned, don't get a toshiba.
Add a Comment: