A Perfect Analogy

OK let's say you were going to try to go to a job interview. You know that they want to hire somebody who is exactly like you, so you apply there. BUT you still don't get hired! And the worst part is, they hire someone else who has NONE of the qualifications they were looking for!

Wouldn't you be really upset? Of course! Isn't this totally and completely WRONG? Of course!

In fact I think there are laws against stuff like this, that if you are the best qualified they need to hire you and not discriminate.

Well guess what? This is EXACTLY what being friendzoned is like.

I am just so pissed off about this. Well, guess what people? There ARE some others who understand what being friendzoned is like. I am not the only one!

I don't claim credit for the analogy, ~Mr-House takes credit for that.

My First Haiku :DNice guys finish last
Where did we gents go, you ask
Still in the friend zone
Comments207
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
You know, in order to get the job, you actually have to hand in the CV. They can't reject you if they never knew you applied. *hinthint*
So someone still considers you a friend, huh? That's totally heartbreaking! /sarcasm

Well, it's better to be that person's friend than to be considered an enemy. I've been in the friendzone before, and the main reason why people baww like they were thrown to the wolves is due to hormones.
:rofl: They can discriminate all they want, it's not illegal, just looked down upon.

Hey, I believe in friendzones but I also believe in getting over it and moving on.
First of all, that analogy is so fucked. So very fucked. With that type of attitude towards looking for a job, you'd be fucking screwed anyway. You can meet every qualification for a job and if they don't like your fucking personality, they won't hire you. If that person over there has less experience than you but is willing to work and train and not act like a know it all douchebag, then they'll hire them instead of you.

Oh, but wait, that's not what you're talking about, right? You're talking about the fact that you don't have the fucking guts to ask out the guy you like and because he hasn't asked you out yet, you think you're being "friendzoned". What a whiny personality you have. I wouldn't blame him for not asking a spineless wimp like you out. You like him so much, then why don't you get off your ass and ask him? Oh, I know why. Because that wouldn't give you an excuse to whine and pine after him like a lovesick puppy. You think you're the perfect match for him? Ask him out and see. Otherwise, this whining is absolutely useless.
You're friendzoned because he doesn't like you the same way you like him.
Just ask the guy out or move the fuck on. If you can't do that, then it's your problem.
1. There are no laws like that. Unless you are being discriminated against on the basis of race/gender/sexuality, the boss can hire or fire who they please. Likewise, people can date who they please.
2. Relationships don't work like that. While people are nice/friendly/funny/whatever you look for in a partner, they might lack just that spark of chemistry.
3. No-one is obligated to date you, no matter what "qualifications" you believe you have.
4. From what I've heard of your situation, you need to grow a pair and tell him how you feel. He won't give you the job if he doesn't know you're applying.
Oh look, it's this thread again.
Being nice does not qualify to open legs and sex, a woman can make a choice, regardless of their opinion. So grow up, move on. Or, if a chick is nice, you have to fuck her, no matter how unattractive she is?
You got friendzoned by a man? Damn, you must be ugly.
I glanced over the thread a bit, and I agree with the people saying you should just ask him. And don't give me the "Because the guy should ask the girl out and not the other way around!" bullshit, because, quite frankly, I find that to be one of the dumbest things ever.
You might think it's dumb but he thinks that way too so if I ask him I'm screwed.
Stupid or not, if you're not going to take initiative you may have to accept nothing will happen at all
You made it too obvious with this thread. I mean, without the Haiku attached to it, it probably would have yielded better results.
Also, I hadn't told you before, but the vertical script on your last friendzoning thread was well executed. I'm amazed how few people figured it out.
I suppose the whole friendzone thing is a matter or the other person's perspective. It's a bit different from having a job because laws being put in place to force someone to pick the supposed best choice would be pretty fucked up if that person felt differently.

There are always other people. If you can't date one person, move on and try for someone else. Plus, who says who is most qualified to date one specific person anyway but that person?
I think it is wiser to move along and not go apeshit if someone is considering you a friend and not a love interest. Nowadays that does not matter because relationships usually last about 5 months-1 years and almost no 1st relationship actually evolves into marriage. I'm just saying. :shrug:
i think you mean anomaly
So they hired someone else in the street and not you. Aaah.
In fact I think there are laws against stuff like this, that if you are the best qualified they need to hire you and not discriminate.

Actually, they could choose someone else because they happen to like them more. Only if you believe that you were not selected due to your religion, race, sex, gender, sexuality, physical disabilities, and/or marriage status directly. It is actually the case that many companies would prefer to never see this on a resume (sex can't really be helped sometimes) unless related due to lawsuits.

Also, insert question if you have directly asked yet, followed with a response about blowing up perfectly good jets when you should just be dropping bombs or something of that nature, topped off with how guys can either be oblivious or else get mixed signals and don't want to make a move.
People can hire or fire whoever they want to, just as people can date or not date whoever they want to. Everyone has had the experience of not getting the job they really wanted and the experience of loving someone who didn't feel the same way back. Most people move on, work on themselves, and try for another job or for another person.

But as for you, he probably doesn't want you because someone in his life taught him the valuable lesson: "don't stick your dick in crazy!"
Oh my goodness.

Look, I do believe that a "friend-zone" or whatever does exist, but the person being friend-zoned, from my understanding, is either not admitting to the person that they like them and sticks themselves in the friend category or the person they ask out rejects you and just "wants to be friends". The latter is honestly the crappiest one, but still, if the person legitimately wants to be friends with you, why is that so bad? You can still be in a relationship with them and not have to deal with the drama that a serious one can bring, and you can really find out if that person really is someone worth your time, and vice versa. I really don't get it.
Boo hoo

He obviously doesn't like you, so move on