Closed to new replies
February 6, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 207

A Perfect Analogy

:iconthe-vibeke:
The-Vibeke Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013
OK let's say you were going to try to go to a job interview. You know that they want to hire somebody who is exactly like you, so you apply there. BUT you still don't get hired! And the worst part is, they hire someone else who has NONE of the qualifications they were looking for!

Wouldn't you be really upset? Of course! Isn't this totally and completely WRONG? Of course!

In fact I think there are laws against stuff like this, that if you are the best qualified they need to hire you and not discriminate.

Well guess what? This is EXACTLY what being friendzoned is like.

I am just so pissed off about this. Well, guess what people? There ARE some others who understand what being friendzoned is like. I am not the only one!

I don't claim credit for the analogy, ~Mr-House takes credit for that.

My First Haiku :DNice guys finish last
Where did we gents go, you ask
Still in the friend zone

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconjellybean9000:
Jellybean9000 Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Okay.
:iconrandomrobskii:
RandomRobskii Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013  Student Filmographer
You know, in order to get the job, you actually have to hand in the CV. They can't reject you if they never knew you applied. *hinthint*
:iconthe-vibeke:
The-Vibeke Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013
Very funny.
:iconnokapiplz:
NOKAPIplz Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013
So someone still considers you a friend, huh? That's totally heartbreaking! /sarcasm

Well, it's better to be that person's friend than to be considered an enemy. I've been in the friendzone before, and the main reason why people baww like they were thrown to the wolves is due to hormones.
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013
:rofl: They can discriminate all they want, it's not illegal, just looked down upon.

Hey, I believe in friendzones but I also believe in getting over it and moving on.
:iconchaosthekitty:
ChaostheKitty Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
First of all, that analogy is so fucked. So very fucked. With that type of attitude towards looking for a job, you'd be fucking screwed anyway. You can meet every qualification for a job and if they don't like your fucking personality, they won't hire you. If that person over there has less experience than you but is willing to work and train and not act like a know it all douchebag, then they'll hire them instead of you.

Oh, but wait, that's not what you're talking about, right? You're talking about the fact that you don't have the fucking guts to ask out the guy you like and because he hasn't asked you out yet, you think you're being "friendzoned". What a whiny personality you have. I wouldn't blame him for not asking a spineless wimp like you out. You like him so much, then why don't you get off your ass and ask him? Oh, I know why. Because that wouldn't give you an excuse to whine and pine after him like a lovesick puppy. You think you're the perfect match for him? Ask him out and see. Otherwise, this whining is absolutely useless.
:iconhkepoetry:
hkepoetry Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
You're friendzoned because he doesn't like you the same way you like him.
Just ask the guy out or move the fuck on. If you can't do that, then it's your problem.
:icontheawesomefaerie:
TheAwesomeFaerie Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013   Traditional Artist
1. There are no laws like that. Unless you are being discriminated against on the basis of race/gender/sexuality, the boss can hire or fire who they please. Likewise, people can date who they please.
2. Relationships don't work like that. While people are nice/friendly/funny/whatever you look for in a partner, they might lack just that spark of chemistry.
3. No-one is obligated to date you, no matter what "qualifications" you believe you have.
4. From what I've heard of your situation, you need to grow a pair and tell him how you feel. He won't give you the job if he doesn't know you're applying.
:iconcalstor:
Calstor Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
:iconthisplz:
:iconwiffleball:
WiffleBall Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Oh look, it's this thread again.
Add a Comment: