Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
February 5, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 227

So you lowered my grade by 15 points just because you fucking felt like it?!

:iconvi0letdream:
vi0letdream Feb 5, 2013  Student General Artist
Recently, we had a pop quiz in history class. I knew some of the material, but not quite all of it. I guessed on about half of the questions. So I ended up with 17/20 correct. I was proud of myself, but then I looked at the percentage grade. It said 70%.

I calculated it all out and 17/20 should equal 85%. So I politely went up to the teacher and pointed out the mistake on my grade. She said she's tired of me not trying in her class and she took off the points because she wants me to start trying harder.

So basically, she took off fifteen points just because she felt like it. This effectively lowered my A to a B+. How could I have had an A in the first place if I didn't try? This is bullshit! :rage:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconbazzyli:
Bazzyli Feb 13, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Thats ridiculous. If she believed that you were not trying enough (which is entirely possible even when receiving an A) she should have spoken you about it first and not used a technique that detrimental to your current grade. I had a teacher lower my grade for not smiling enough once, i understand your pain.
vi0letdream Feb 13, 2013  Student General Artist
Was it, like, a speech or public speaking class?
No, it was an education class since I am studying to be a teacher. I did not agree with her methods so I found it difficult to enjoy her lectures some times.
Then the "not smiling enough" thing is weird... how many points did she take off?
just a few, it was the principle of the matter.
I sit in the same classroom for 4 hours a day for five days a week to pass your class in 4 weeks (its a block plan as opposed to semester) and you expect me to be happy the entire time. No.

We didn't like each other.
:icondoloreg:
While i disagree with her methods, what shocked me most is that 70% counts as a B+.
It doesn't. I have a B+ in the class. You obviously don't read thoroughly.
:icondoloreg:
I did actually, i just thought you meant by taking that 15% away, it lowered the grade of the test, not your average. However, I do see what you mean now.
I would like to add that it's not mentioned whether the A refers to your test or your average in the class, so thorough reading had little to do with it.
:iconprincesscillerenda:
PrincessCillerenda Feb 13, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
That's total bullshit! There are better ways to motivate a student.
:iconshadowmaker-241:
ShadowMaker-241 Feb 12, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I'm pretty sure she can be reported for that...
Add a Comment: