So you lowered my grade by 15 points just because you fucking felt like it?!

Comment hidden
Comments191
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Thats ridiculous. If she believed that you were not trying enough (which is entirely possible even when receiving an A) she should have spoken you about it first and not used a technique that detrimental to your current grade. I had a teacher lower my grade for not smiling enough once, i understand your pain.
Comment hidden
No, it was an education class since I am studying to be a teacher. I did not agree with her methods so I found it difficult to enjoy her lectures some times.
Comment hidden
just a few, it was the principle of the matter.
I sit in the same classroom for 4 hours a day for five days a week to pass your class in 4 weeks (its a block plan as opposed to semester) and you expect me to be happy the entire time. No.

We didn't like each other.
While i disagree with her methods, what shocked me most is that 70% counts as a B+.
Comment hidden
I did actually, i just thought you meant by taking that 15% away, it lowered the grade of the test, not your average. However, I do see what you mean now.
I would like to add that it's not mentioned whether the A refers to your test or your average in the class, so thorough reading had little to do with it.
That's total bullshit! There are better ways to motivate a student.
I'm pretty sure she can be reported for that...
You guessed on half the test, got a decent grade out of sheer luck, was proud to have done well based on pure luck instead of actual intelligence.
I'd dock you 15 points too
See, I call BS on this maneuver. Sometimes you can't pick out the right answer, but you can cross off all the wrong ones. Or you don't know why a right answer is right, but you do know it is the right one. Or you have outside information that would turn the "right" answer into a wrong one, so all the answers are technically wrong, so you need to pick out the least wrong answer. In all of those scenarios, getting the marked correct answer could be considered "luck"

Either way, she answered them correctly so she should get the points. If the teacher wanted to eliminate random chance as a factor, she should convert her multiple choice questions into fill in the blanks. Or she should take the student's "effort" grade down, not a quiz grade.
Aww maybe you should do better then. It can't be that hard. I mean If I could get 100% both massively drunk and stoned while never opening a book every time, it shouldn't be that hard should it.
wow what a fucking bitch, dont let her get away with that :/
Take it to the dean! Make her explain why the grade is like that in front of his or her face.
You got the answers right and you didn't cheat. Anyone on here whining about the whole semantics of the matter is totally missing the point. The teacher had no right or justification for taking off 15 points like that. Teachers can get into big trouble for pulling stunts like that because it can ultimately harm a students GPA if a teacher arbitrarily 'decides' things like that.
Your teacher is a bitch. You're doing well in school and that should be praised. If she wanted to make you work harder, she should of made the questions a bit tougher. She's just being a cunt about it. I do not miss secondary school at all.
Well, that teacher is a bitch. You should tell the principal about that, because honestly that is not fair. The teacher doesn't give the grades, you earned them. Therefore, you earned 17 points.

PS: a B+ isn't bad, but I understand.
Don't you mean 15% not points??

I love history, but we learn proper history. Although we had to do 3 essays on the American Civil Rights Movement, I didn't enjoy them so much...

But she shouldn't have just randomly changed your grade.
a B+ is a bad grade to you? Jesus Christ :icondoublefacepalmplz:

meanwhile I'm trying to figure out how a pop-quiz is worth enough points to drop your average half a letter grade...
Comment hidden
well that's no fun :(
Perhaps it's the new semester for his/her class and there's not too many points yet?
maybe but pop quizzes shouldn't be worth much even if they're graded; they should be no more than 5-10% versus 20% for homework which was standard when I got to college level. In my old high school pop quizes weren't worth anything outside of a math or science class unless it was a week before a major test or something