Closed to new replies
February 4, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 746

"REAL geek girls don't exist! Get back in the kitchen!"

:iconsynthetikdreamer22:
SynthetikDreamer22 Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
why do geeky guys think this??? it pisses me off because I'm a geek girl; I love anime and sci-fi and the occasional fantasy novel. Why are people dumbfounded when they find out a girl (especially a cute/hot one) likes geeky stuff???

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconvajrasana:
vajrasana Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Weeaboo C:
:iconkristalnacho:
kristalnacho Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
Sorry dude but you're a special :snowflake:.
I like some anime but I don't flaunt it around because it gives people a negative view of you. that's how you get teased for it.

Also blocking people like a child isn't a good idea. You made a thread in a public forum and people are giving you a honest opinion about the situation and how you're reacting.

if you're sick of "mean people making fun of me11! ;( " go ask a forum mod to lock the thread.
:icontimmy64:
timmy64 Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
Your style seems to be less geek and more modern punk/scene. The two areas intertwine when it comes to matters of Sci-Fi, and your declared interest in Cyberpunk and anime shifts you more towards this than the so-called geek culture. Keep in mind that this is in no way related to punk culture of the late 80s/early 90s as punk relates more to being a counter-culture. Whilst it also shares some common traits even with mainstream culture, and even ends up influencing it and vice versa. To call yourself is a geek appears to be an erroneous label as it doesn't encompass the full extent of your personality. Don't sell yourself short.
:icontamarviewstudio:
TamarViewStudio Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013   Photographer
Sounds like you're trying too hard. Just enjoy what you enjoy and quit worrying about what other people think of you. It's stuff like this that pisses people off...
:iconmurphysdinnerparty:
MurphysDinnerParty Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Or, how about this:

Not label yourself, because labeling is what causes a lot of problems in social, political, mental, and sometimes physical situation, and worry about being the best person you can be.

I just don't understand the need to be called something or to fit in one group. It doesn't make any sense to me. It's like you're taking all the fun out of individuality and discovering who you are as a person just so you can fit into some sort of culture that started from a word used to bully and degrade people. Taking the power out those words, to me, is not making them into something better but causing further division. To me, taking the power out of those words means not using them to label any person.

To me, it really doesn't matter what subculture you think you fit in, because no person is an exact stereotype of their subculture and as they shouldn't be.
:iconuniversalkiwi:
UniversalKiwi Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013
They're probably more dumbfounded that you consider liking anime, sci-fi and fantasy to be the criteria for the definition of "geek".

Anything really geeky is often aimed at males, and they don't expect females to be into that stuff.
:iconsynthetikdreamer22:
SynthetikDreamer22 Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
According to most accepted definitions, I don't fit the description of "weeaboo".

from urbandictionary.com:
A non japanese person who basically denounces their own culture and calls themselves japanese. They try to learn japanese through the anime they watch and usually end up pronouncing it wrong and looking like a complete idiot.

KEEP IN MIND: that a non-japanese person can like the culture, watch anime, speak the language and RESPECT THE CULTURE, while still keeping in touch with there own. Which keeps them from being a Weeaboo, japanophile, ect.

I like the culture, I watch some anime, I OCCASIONALLY speak the language (only in full sentences and when speaking to someone else who is also speaking Japanese, not Japanglish) and I have respect for the culture. The only thing I can relate to is not respecting my own culture, but I live in the U.S.; there isn't really a decent culture here.
:iconzenblood:
ZenBlood Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Really? I thought people didn't care anymore.
It's like when someone announces that they're a "gamer girl"- we're all past that already. It's normal.
:iconkyllian:
Kyllian Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013
Because more times than not when a woman claims to be a "geek girl", she's actually just an attention whore who really isn't that geeky
:icontashrin:
Tashrin Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I find some of my challenging opponets in games are female. Sure other guys have beaten me but most of the time all I get is the same tactic from those guys. Girls seem to provide more of a... alternating challenge. Not the same thing over and over. Especially in RTS games the few I've met, I wish more where into them.

Why do girls get told to go to the kitchen? Cause those guys saying that just can't deal with it.
:iconabasur:
Abasur Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013
[link] Cmon, even these guys can figure this shit out. I'll be taking my sandwich now.
:iconjzlobo:
JZLobo Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Hahaha, love it. That comic rarely makes me laugh, but this one's great.
Yeah, every so often they'll have a real gem.
:iconnightconstellations:
nightconstellations Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Up your ass?
Kinky and nourishing!
:iconsinisterstick:
SinisterStick Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
A real geek would never admit to being a geek, be it male or female, hence why such a stereotype still exists-- well, at least in your case. And judging by the fact that you said that are an anime addict, you would be much more of what is known as a weeaboo than a geek.

I'm just saying.
:iconevanatt:
Evanatt Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013
Sure, some dudes gets "surprised" by this at times. But they normally just take it as a good thing eventually in my experience.

And by the way, who the hell cares if you are labeled into a "geek" category or not?.
If you like something, then just damn like it.
:iconmrbonecracker:
MrBonecracker Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
well, i certainly love sci-fi and MANY fantasy novels.
I even waste much of my time playing video games.
that doesnīt make me a geek.

You are no geek.
geeks donīt label themselves as geeks.
they donīt care.

I know what you are:
some friends of yours probably have watched some episodes of "the big bang theory" (which is quite mainstream and not geeky btw) and liked it.
so you jump on the train, wanting to become a "geek" because itīs so fucking popular.
:iconilovebigcats:
ILoveBigCats Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
This. I want to kick a puppy whenever I see someone in a jumper with GEEK on it and hipster glasses.
:iconkizziesama:
Kizziesama Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013
Psh, you're no "geek girl". You come off as an attention whore, using your slight knowledge in "geek culture" to garner a few extra points on the attractive meter. But when a guy tries to pull out a full on conversation on a given nerd topic, you'll falter to a "huh, what's that?" ploy :no:

Seriously, nothing is more annoying than a girl that has to grab her brownie points by feigning interest in some typically masculine associated topic (games and comics normally). Either you know it or you don't, gender shouldn't mean a damn thing. Eff this "girl gamer" and "girl geek" BS. These things aren't gender specific; be a gamer, be a geek, and leave gender out of it.
:iconmikepav:
mikepav Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013
ughh.  geek girls are such posers.  just doing it for attention.  there is no way they can really be interested in such uncool things.
:iconiheartwaffies:
IheartWaffies Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013   General Artist
`-kron, I hope you're not being serious. Actually, I'm pretty sure you aren't.
mikepav Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013
of course i'm not.
IheartWaffies Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013   General Artist
Great. c:
:iconimnurhest:
Imnurhest Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Yes, yes the can really be interesting in such "uncool" things. You're painting girls with a wide brush there, dude.
mikepav Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013
you're not very bright.
No, you're just too narrow minded to see anything past your nose.
mikepav Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013
stupid indeed.
Yawn.
Imnurhest Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Listen to DamaiMikaz. They know what they're talking about.

Be sure to mute those suckers, too :)
:iconkandroid96:
kandroid96 Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013  Professional Photographer
Deal with it, we all have steryotypes. Whites are always rich. Kids with glasses are nerds. black guys are the killers, murderers, rapists, or any other crime committing scum. Germans are still Nazi controlled. All Arabs are terrorists. Priests are little boy examiners (If you know what I mean). Asians are incredibly smart. Girls are supposed to be in the kitchen. Police officers eat doughnuts all day. Teachers live in the schools. Parents don't have a life. Emo people are the devils children.

There's a steryotype for every walk of life and for every ethnicity. Just because you can't handle it is a personal problem you have.
:icontealights:
tealights Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I like all that weeaboo shit, video games, and Warhammer 40k and nobody cares. If people make fun of you for going around calling yourself a geek girl it's probably because they think you're being a twat about it.
IheartWaffies Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013   General Artist
A fake geek: someone who labels their self cute or hot and brags about being a geek.

A real geek: someone who is who they are and follows their geek group because of it.
:iconthenaughticallife:
TheNAUGHTicalLife Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013  Professional Writer
Self-labeling is an indicator of fear.
:iconpinkmitten:
Pinkmitten Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013
Fear of what?
TheNAUGHTicalLife Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013  Professional Writer
Of the self.
Flagged as Spam
TheNAUGHTicalLife Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013  Professional Writer
It sounds like either nomenclature or denial. Either way, just expressing an opinion.
:iconpoomie:
Poomie Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013
You may be a geek, but you still have a vagina.
So you still meet the requirements of a sammich maker.
Aw, it's making sexist remarks to fit in. That's adorable.
:iconamai-kawaii:
Amai-Kawaii Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
[link]

There you go.
:iconengelsblau:
Engelsblau Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013
Real geeks don't brag about being geeks.
Get back in the kitchen I say.
:iconfacepalmplz:
:iconengelsblau:
Engelsblau Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013
:nod:
:iconrocklou:
RockLou Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Probably been said before somewhere, but geeks don't label themselves geeks. They just are geeks.
Any girl spouting she is a geek, is... a nerd. :grump:
:iconmonsterpaladin:
Monsterpaladin Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013  Student General Artist
Real geeks do not attack girls on the authenticity of their geek card. Real geeks confide in girls about what they have to do to complete their Pokedex. They do not care for labels and some probably don't even realize they're a geek.

In short, you're all fakes.
:iconthe-sky-is-up:
The-Sky-Is-Up Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I don't like using the term geek in the first place since everyone seems to have their own opinion of exactly what it means.
Just try to match up individual interests with a guy. Don't say "hey I'm a geek too."
:iconzbugni:
zbugni Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013  Hobbyist
Hot girls with shirts that say "IM A GEEK" are not geeks. They are desperate for attention and wasting 3-d glasses by taking out the lenses.
Also, those traits you listed aren't very geeky.
Add a Comment: