Closed to new replies
January 31, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 318

Depressed teens

:iconzodiacgal:
zodiacgal Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Ok, so one thing that has been bugging me for a very long time is the fact that so many teens claim they want to commit suicide.

I mean, really. Some of these teens “claim” that they’re going to kill themselves because they can’t hook up with someone, or they “cut” because they’re so damn depressed. :stare:

Now let me make myself clear. I am not saying that people who feel suicidal shouldn't get help and shouldn’t be supported, or that all people who feel depressed are all annoying.

I’m just pissed at the fact that so many teens get depressed over some trivial crap. I mean really, a hell of a lot of teens go through a lot worse than most of us. You’re relationship, friendship, or own personal drama are nothing compared to the kids who starve almost everyday and/or are raped and/or have abusive parents.

tl;dr I really don’t like people who cut or claim they’re suicidal over trivial crap. :icontwitchingplz:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconelmida:
Elmida Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013
If you have some sort of chemical defect in your body, those trivial things CAN set you off into a true depression, but I doubt the majority of teens on here actually have that.
zodiacgal Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Exactly.
:iconemmique:
Emmique Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013
This, and those who fish for compliments, and those who have 1-week relationships, to only then go and bitchfit bout it or wallow in self-pity of how no one seems to love them. Usually all of this is found backed up and comforted by others with similar mind-set.
What's worse is the parents don't even seem to give two fucks about it, "kids these days" may as well be wrapped up in cotton wool. Reading through previous comments,
:icondh-industries: sums it up pretty well.
zodiacgal Featured By Owner Feb 12, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Pretty much.
:icongenerallulz:
GeNeRaLLuLz Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013
Too many kids thinking that suicide is a good way to go, most is just doing it for attention
:iconceibita:
Ceibita Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013
Well, I'm sure hormones and crap are behind it all. It's just that teenagers don't actually realize that it's just hormones messing with them and nothing is actually wrong in their lives.
:iconback-to-the-shore:
Back-to-the-Shore Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
AMEN. These kids are insulting to the people with real problems, and the people with real mental illnesses.
zodiacgal Featured By Owner Feb 10, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
:iconthisplz:
:iconarvellas:
Arvellas Featured By Owner Feb 6, 2013
That's not being depressed. That's pitching a hissy-fit and making empty claims.
zodiacgal Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Pretty much.
Add a Comment: