GASP! IM NOT AN ARTIST!

[link]

Apparently THAT douche is so self centered and all knowing about my life that...*gasp*...I "am not an artist."

All bow down to douche of DA!
Comments243
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Closed at request of OP.
He's just jealous that nobody takes his finger painting skills seriously. That or he's just angry that you turned him down to be his girlfriend. ;) Pay him no mind and eventually he'll get the hint that he should walk away. :D
Don't give him the attention he craves.
No. I will not bow down to anyone!

I only came for the cookies.
Let the trolls troll: not much that can be done about it.
You just discovered illastrat, yay. Get used to him or ignore. Being an ass is kinda his thing.
His art really isn't that bad (though there are a lot of far less douchelike folks here that blow him out of the water), and his 'rules' aren't really super off base. It's just the hyper-narcissistic presentation that makes it rageworthy. 10/10 would frown deeply again
Her post wasn't written in a helpful and constructive light, but to boast her 'talents' and lift her so-called ego, so I have to agree with you here. I hate proud artists who are so full of themselves. Nobody has the right to tell you that you are not an artist, only you, yourself can make that call.

She does have some talent, but man oh man she has a long way to go, her fundamentals are very lacking. If one builds a house on sand, it will collapse, same applies with art. Don't take what she said to heart, because as we know, empty vessels make the most sound ;)
Hmm, while the guy does seem very unnecessarily antagonistic and unbearably pompatic I'm finding it very hard to refute his claims/ logic.

Rules are what differentiates a scribble (or a mess of color) from a meaningful thought out piece. Otherwise I could become an artist by merely shitting a nugget on to a piece of paper, fold it over to make a budderfly and hey presto instant art.

His works while trite are technically better then most I've seen on this site. Amongst the fanime, sonic recolors and OC's this illastrat guy is a pro. You could even call him an "artist" a word that is tossed about here like a neckbeard's spankerchiefs... (that's if he's not a troll)

Take that with a grain of salt though as I'm far far from an artist, I hardly even have a refined eye. But a lot of what the tool says makes sense.
There are no rules to "art" anymore. It's been a long time since art actually had to be a good looking piece...
Umm, I'm going to respectfully disagree there. If I make a small dinky shack out of firewood and plywood could I then proclaim i'm an architect/ builder? I'm gonna lean towards the answer of no.
If artists want to be treated seriously they need to properly define the term.
I don't disagree with what you're saying at all.

I believe there should be direction and talent behind a piece. Something isn't art just because they say so IMO.
"noobs will always exist but they should know their place."
All is said.. However, he does not apply to himself...

I'd like to see him with a camera !

Wait ! I see something here !

Ouch... What an artist !

Who is the noob now ? :sarcasticclap:
~illastrat is a moron. That's pretty much all you need to know about him.
He calls, like, everyone crappy artists. xDD

He hasn't called me one, though since I never really insulted his shit stains he calls art but he's done it to pretty much everyone else. :dummy: I bet he'll reply to this yelling at me about how I don't know what true art is and blah blah blah.
well not everyone
You have to most people. Someone's an arrogant hypocrite ~ And those rules of yours? Why dontcha follow your own advice. :icondawhatplz:
Mmm, I think most of us here have come to terms with not taking him seriously. I would assume by now, you're well aware to take the same course of action? :nod:
talent is god-given...genius is divine

I have to admit; you've got some mad finger painting skills! :P
But with the stoke of my pen
I SLAY gods
And with the splash of my ink
I CRUSH the divine