Doctors Office

Yea, I have to go to the doctor on a regular basis for a condition, but I was there from 6 this morning to 12 today...:grump: Half of a day wasted. When the man finally gets in the room he seems like he has a cold too, I had to be in the room with him for 10 minutes to. Hopefully I won't get sick! :x
Also, I have to wait for test results....always a pain the ass.
baww.
Oh, message to watchers, just finished the feature journal.

gahh, I hate doctors....
Comments95
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I know that feeling :saddummy: Between rheumatologists, my OBGYN, my GI doctor and my primary care it seems like I'm going to the doctor all the time.
gahh, I hate doctors....

goddamn doctors

what have they ever contributed to society
I remember staying seven hours at the most. Maybe my surgery took longer then I thought however. I was asleep the entire time.
If I may ask, why is it that you have visit the doctor so regularly?
It's something I'd rather not leak on the internet. ;)
Ah. Fair enough. We all have those little things we don't want getting out.
6 hours =/= half a day, it equals a quarter of a day. Though it is understandable you're sick and can't be expected to do math properly. Not to mention you wasted a quarter of a day :(
:no: as said below I was being figurative.
You didn't say that anywhere in the post
I think they meant day, as in, when the sun is up, not a 24 hour period ;)
Half a day was wasted, not half the day time ;)
Most people colloquially refer to daytime as simply 'day'.

Ie, 'day and night'.
No one says I wasted my day, and is only referring to day time
Yeah, they do.

My grandfather says that if you sleep past 9am, 'You're wasting the day!' He doesn't mean a 24 hour period. He means daytime.
Well some people don't

To continue this is ridiculous especially considering, that if she was there at 6 am, in the USA it wouldn't be sun rise yet =P, also depending where you are "day" can be anywhere from 2 hours to 16
I went to the doctor not long ago for an allergic reaction. He reached over to touch me, and I almost slapped him. Not because it was unreasonable to check my health, but because his thumb had a huge fucking hole in it. The nail was all black except for the hole near his cuticle, where it was all red and freakishly disturbing. And I have a problem with nail injuries in general, few things disgust and horrify me as much. :stare:

You'd think a doctor would put a bandaid on that fucking thing. Especially before touching people. D:
Doctors troll with test results. :3
They do...also your coat is at my house, I'm not a coat hanger you shit-waffle. :stare:
....broski.
Yeah, well we hate you too. Stop coming into the ER with your problems and just leave your money.

I'm speaking figuratively in the future, as I'm not there *yet*.

In all reality, medicine takes time. If you have a problem, expect it to take time. I'm a bit fed up with people always complaining to me in the ER that they've been there for soooo long (average of whiners is at about the 2 hour mark). They expect us to magically attended to multiple people instantly. SO CALM YOURSELF, YOU'LL GET WHAT YOU NEED EVENTUALLY. Well, that is if the doctor isn't busy. ;P
I sat in the ER with my husband for 12 straight hours. I didn't complain, but I still feel that it was soooo long. Especially since he had appendicitis.

Although, I think average wait times in this city run near the 6 hour mark. We don't have enough hospitals. I feel bad for the ER doctors trying to find room for everyone.
The longest I've ever seen is 7:42, and that was a very special case. Our average is around 3, 12 hours is just insane. Understaffed is an understatement.
Yeah, it was pretty nuts. Wasn't even a holiday. I expect that kind of wait on like, christmas or something, because the clinics aren't open.
Quick question(s): what do people usually go to the ER for that require them to wait so long? And second, do people wait longer because their needs aren't as urgent as someone elses? As in someone breaking their arm getting push down for someone needing their stomach pumped over alcohol poisoning?

Also, I suppose people get pissy on the basis it's called an EMERGENCY room. The people in there are in for a reason and need to be seen urgently as possible, right?
The people waiting are usually the ones who don't really have an emergency.