So much pain!

I was a bit intoxicated the night before last night and got into a bit of a scuffle with someone, you know body shots but none above the neck. What a bad fucking move that was, don't know if we realised how hard we went on each other but now I can't fucking move and its getting worse, I can't breath cause I've either cracked my rib or at least badly bruised it, My neck is swelled up like a bitch and I can barley swallow, I'm hunched over for the same reason.

My arms up to my elbows are just yellow, brown, black and blue and both my fists are fucked (one hand is easily broken due to a failed healing a couple years back).

Oh and worst of all I'm a smoker :( so i cough regularly. Coughing is excruciating on the rib and my body won't allow it to happen, Chest infection here we come!

I'm 23, Not an old man. Damn you body you should be able to withstand more of a beating!

Anti complaint: So glad I'm not employed right now because if I were, I'd have to go to the hospital.
Comments55
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
What is this...

I do not even...

Wow...

Humanity is all the more richer due to the fact the OP still breathes!
Bravo!
(Sarcasm FYI)
Well, I never...

You, sir...

...Very rude, Indeed.
That I am good sir! That I am.

I suggest you see a medical practitioner lest you succumb to the dreaded bone break fever!
yeah, being drunk makes you feel invincible, but you overdid it, pal xD
You should go to the doctors, I've seen a man be punched once in the face and die from it, our bodies are squishy, so go.
Must have had something wrong with him to begin with, no? Or was it directly in the temple? I was hit across the head with a bottle of whiskey just this christmas day night and although I did end up going to hospital 2 days later I was fine. I can't imagine one punch killing someone...
Nope, perfectly healthy, just sometimes humans are squishy, I knew someone who got in a fight, a few days later died because of internal damage, just did not know.

He was dead by the time he hit the floor, I was working for the police for a little, and we had to watch the CCTV, they were drunk, and the guy must of hit him with so much force. It does happen though.
I think the pain we feel when we're intoxicated always gets multiplied by at least 5x when we're sober the next day. :nod: 

if you could do it, get medical inspection. You don't want this hustle to bother you when you're older. Sometimes internal damage causes you a lot more problem in the future than now. Better to not get yourself into financial problem should it be worse in the future and you have to get special treatment. 
So true!. My best friend broke her jaw while drunk and the next day could not move the mouth properly and was in pain. We found out the next day her jaw was broken.

She had fallen on the ground while drunk, hit her jaw, came back up and continued partying. She did not have pain then.., until she sobered up... Ugh!
Wow, she didn't feel something was "off" with her jaw that night? Broken jaw shouldn't be thaaaat painless. She must've had enough to drink! I couldn't imagine myself breaking my jaw... oh god.
She felt weird and numb in the mouth but since we were drinking as fish, well, it was easy to feel "funny". I was drinking as hell, but she was way more far off. I can not explain why she did not have pain, maybe because was too toasted to feel anything.

Next day... then it was horrible, the combination of the hang over and the broken jaw. Spent time with the mouth shut and drinking soup and smashed food. We laugh now, not then. Ugh
Note to self: Don't break a jaw while drinking.

I've lost my voice many times over drinking/smoking cigars. And a friend just told me yesterday that I said I love you to any walking strangers weeks ago because I was a happy drunk.

I didn't even do that when I was in Vegas! :lol:
Oh my!. That was funny. The funny drunk. One of my friends started hugging trees while drunk one day.

I tend to be an angry drunk. I do not scream around or make noises, in fact I am pretty quiet, but as my friends say, my stare turns crazy, lol and it takes little to piss me off and I snap. I do not drink like that anymore, or at least not in clubs or such. It was fun when I was a teen but not anymore once you reach adulthood.

If I am going to get toasted I stay home or with a few friends in a house, at least nobody gets hurt among loved ones, lol
lol, the angry drunk! I suppose you just get a little snappy and testy eh? Some people are just annoying though :shakefist:

I have gone through many patterns of being drunk. A few years ago, I was the sad drunk. Each time I went over my limit, I'd just cry and talk about the saddest shit. Thank goodness, I am over that phase. :lmao:
View all replies
I've had so many wounds heal without medical attention, I don't think it matters all that much. Pretty much my whole torso has been damaged fairly badly in some way or another. I fell about 20 concrete steps once went home and slept it off, I was able to walk again within a few days and was completely sound 2 or three weeks later. That's why I'm so pissed off, age is definatly sneaking up when a few body shots in a scuffle between mates has nearly crippled me.

And further more, I was helping my uncle at work a few years back and seen him fall 12 feet through the roof of a massive shed onto a vice and a load of tools, he just got up and walked it off and helped the owner of the roof patch it up. He was 40 at the time and he got back to work the next day in intense pain and all, now if a forty year old man can do that then I should be ashamed of myself, lol.

We rarely get our wounds looked at here in Ireland unless somethings falling off or its particularly bad, needless to say everyone seems to get arthritis relatively young.
Every one has different speed of healing. Some of my friends get sick so easily, but it's hard for me to get ill cuz I think I didn't mind eating regular food from anywhere since I was a kid. :lol:

Maybe it's the modern life. I'm turning 24 soon and I feel rather achy all over my body when I go out after work. :o
For some reason your story reminds me of Steven, the Irishman from Braveheart. lol

It is the booze, I am pretty sure. Cooked up you feel nothing...
When somebody hits you with a shovel on the head tell me about pain :iconevilgrinplz:. (I am sure part of my crazyness comes from that shit that almost killed me)

Ahm, the amount of crap you can do while intoxicated (or not). If you have an unbearable pain when breathing go to the doctor. Breaking ribs is pretty common if somebody stomps on you or something. Not an old man, rough fights have those secondary effects. I know by experience. I have broken a few things that way and got broken fingers too.

Did you messed up the other guy at least?.
Few bruises, Nothing majour. At least I hope not. :(
Better not. Careful with your body, man, you only have one

I sustained a lot of injuries as a teen, as a result of my reckless behavior. The injuries pain come back later, hell, I know when the weather is changing, just by the different pains in my body :nuu:
HA! Still not fine. lol.
In a week or two, yeah, I know.
Stop being so goddamn stupid and seek some medical attention IMMEDIATELY!!!!