Closed to new replies
January 29, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 185

The definition of "sexy"

:iconantarcticrainbow:
AntarcticRainbow Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013   Traditional Artist
Recently, I got into an argument with multiple people on youtube about how everyone was hating an attractive woman because she was "too good for them."
I initially responded that she was a bit too curvaceous for my tastes and that I personally did not see when a woman being attractive according to social "norm" automatically made anyone hating on her jealous because they could not be with her. Seeing as I did not find her as attractive as someone with a more toned down and humble figure.
Many people began ranting about how wrong I was and yatta yatta yatta "you don't like curves, you queer"
Here's the thing though. Just WHY does EVERYONE think that large chest and butt are the ONLY way a woman can be attractive? They forget all about personality. It's distasteful.
Plus, I have a girlfriend. I find her attractive for being: 1. Smart, 2. Cute, 3. Small in stature and with a more realistic figure.

I posted:
"I personally find her body a bit too curvaceous for my tastes."
and some guy then proceeds to respond:
"Lololol, and you think she would want you? What if you're not her taste? What if you're no one's taste?"

Well, honestly, I'm my girlfriend's taste. And she's my taste. I don't care if some woman with a curvaceous body wants me. What part of "she's not my taste" don't you understand? Seriously, I posted that I personally didn't find her to be attractive to me. And this guy flies off about no one wanting me. Really?

If not wanting someone with a really curved out body means that NOBODY wants you back, I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

It's guys like this that hate on fat women for being "ugly" Ughhhh. I want to puke.

The worst part is is that I didn't mean to hate on the woman with curves, merely point out that not everyone is attracted to that sort of thing. Apparently, that's not normal and must therefore be a bad thing.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconieighton:
Ieighton Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
is the definition of sexy not someone you would be interested in having consensual sex in the missionary position with for the purpose of procreation?

or am i just old-fashioned
AntarcticRainbow Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013   Traditional Artist
It should really be about love and personality, but hey, whatever floats your boat as long as you're not a jackass about it.
:iconhorrificsensation:
HorrificSensation Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013
some guys are just stupid and weak when it comes to big ass, fake tits(wth is sexy about silacone? lol) and no personality. just like chicks with low self esteem. When I was in high school there were alot of chicks that were desperate for attention for example, i was in the senior lounge with a few friends and one of my friends was sitting with this girl and she started rubbing lotion on here legs...in front of all of us.. >.> i was thinking wow..um ok..the hell? lol
then in winter she was wearing a skirt... again wth? you want frostbite on ur vag or what? >.O lol. sorry rambeling but anyway thats just how most guys are, they become physically attracted first... but im happy to say that my bf is nice and caring and calls me beautiful everyday X] lol
Yeah, I find it somewhat offensive that it appears the only thing some peopel want in a relationship is intercourse to the point that not only are people desperate (I would have been greatly disgusted in your situation) but care nothing for actual personality.

Awwwwwwwww /)^3^(\ Soooo sweet. Well, I'm happy for you. My girlfriend is similar. We always shower each other in compliments and have fake arguments when we debate who is the prettiest.
yeah to me thats saying that guy is in it to just fool around hes not ready to be a man. and yes i was quite disgusted thats why i got up and left XD while my friend was smiling at her lol jeez *rolls eyes*

hehe thats cute me and my bf pretty much do the same thing XD
Indeed. I am personally against sex until marriage in my own life. I would make sure that it would be the life I had chosen before committing, and then actually committing.
Ughhhh. It's good you left though. Better not to get involved.

D'awwwwww. I'm glad others do it.
Ah I see :) well that is nice ^^
I've only been with my boyfriend and nobody else. We've also been dating for almost 3 years now so I feel good about that ^^
:3
Awwwww Same here with my girlfriend. It's my first relationship and she says it's also her best so I'm pretty happy. We're a younger relationship though. Little over half a year.
well thats good happy for yuh ^_^ hehe
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013
YouTube's comment section. :icontheresyourproblemplz:
:iconbandihill3258:
BandiHill3258 Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
The actual definition of sexy:[link]
AntarcticRainbow Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013   Traditional Artist
:iconloolplz: Can you believe this is actually the first time I've seen the dancing TF2 videos. Oh my god. This is amazing.
:iconmaltese101:
maltese101 Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Student General Artist
This is why I don't hang around in youtube's comment section anymore. I rather very much be here, at least some people say some funny shit.
Yeah, I used to love the youtube comment section but it's really nasty and rude. Something I hate on websites, especially when it's difficult to get a laugh.
:iconttfnjinx:
TTFNJinx Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Student Interface Designer
Youre a good person I wish there were people like you out there.

I'm sick of seeing guys droop over tan skinny girls with big hips and big boobs! Its not possible for that to be natural guys always say they like girls with a natural look but they get all excited over fake girls like that!

I'm surround by guys like that.

But as a girl we have things like that too. Most girls want the built blonde guy well at least that's the girls I know. One girl thinks I'm insane because I lldont like that. She thinks its weird that I don't like guys my own race and she will constantly call me racist. I'm not obviously I just have a different type.

But you know how people are about the word different.
Well, I'm glad that you want the same thing I do.

It's alright for everyone to have their own prefrences, but I'm sickened that some of my female friends who DON'T fit into that group feel like they're unattractive. You know there's a problem when I have to spend long periods of time trying to convince my girlfriend that she is beautiful and attractive and I want her over the "more attractive girls" It's not even these "more attractive" girls faults, just how they tend to be idolized by the media.
In a way, I'm thankful that there's guys who want certain girls and girls who want certain guys, it means that eventually, tho "leftovers" as I once heard a jerk in highschool call them. Would be able to find a kind, loving partner who isn't superficial.

The racist physical attraction thing always made me mad. I've seen lots of people in the US and Canada that are weaboos and snub western girls because they want an eastern girl. And lots of other examples for different ethnic groups. The whole point of "love them for what's in their heart, not what their body looks like." Prefering one race over another to the point that the other is basically, chopped liver I find wrong, not so much just prefering a different race. (I will admit that Italian accents are attractive) But when it becomes rude. It actually reminds me of the Black and White segregation. Back when the two groups were not allowed to marry. It shouldn't be that way. Love shouldn't be limited to a way someone looks or what country they come from, not what gender they are either.
TTFNJinx Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Student Interface Designer
I need to find a person just like you.. so hard these days

I'm considered a left over I guess, I'm not tan, don't have a big chest or big but I'm not a perfect height or anything I'm short tiny and paler than a dead person. I'm an "unwanted" one haha but that's the thing being a left over means that all the jerks go for the "prettier" ones and the leave the other guys the sweeter ones with left overs like me! so yes in the end it all kind of works out.

See i love seeing a couple who are not the same race. It's like finally we're moving on!
Awwwwww :) I hope you will.

See? That description you just gave of yourself, I fuind much more attractive than what is normally considered attractive. It's beautiful and it is exactly how my girlfriend describes herself. Perfection, is a flaw. Beauty lies with uniqueness.
Yes. Chances are, if a guy only loves you because of how you look, he's not going to be very loving or kind or care about your life or what matters to you. You need to wait for someone to come along who loves you for your heart.

And yes, I agree. Also, crosses over from different "cliques" or "groups" Like someone who's parents are really rich and paid for their education who falls in love with someone who spent time living on the street who never could really afford anything even when they worked really hard. It warms my heart to see love crossing boundaries that are often overlooked by others.
TTFNJinx Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013  Student Interface Designer
GUYS MEN OUT THERE YOU CAN LEARN HOW GET WOMEN YO LOVE YOU BY LISTENING TO THIS GUY RIGHT HERE!

If all the guys welould drop the fantasy and all the girls do the same life would go our way...maybe.

And I love the "Romeo and Juliet couples " or "unlikely lovers "
D'awwwww, such flattery. But the world would indeed be a much better place if everyone cared about what was inside, as oppose to what was outside.

Yes, those couples are some of my favorites, even in stories.
:icongemdrop:
Gemdrop Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
It's kinda started to bother me how people always make things about a girl's looks :hmm: Whatever they are doing on a video gets boiled down to whether she's hot or not. Even if someone is let's say- singing, the comments are always like "I'd bang that" or even "too thin/fat". Wtf. Did any of those girls ask "Hey, now that you're watching this, what do you think of my body?"

It's kinda... disgusting, really. Always makes me lose faith in guys a bit :B
Oh my god! YES. This. In videos (like gaming playthroughs) You'd expect to see people talking about the subject matter, how the game is, how the player reacts.

But then people talk about the body of the player if she is female. And it;s like "Well, I don't see what this has to do with the actual subject of the video."

Also, it doesn't even stop with real women. I've gone on videos of songs and music, they add a picture to the video and the picture is of a girl, do any of the comments actually talk about the song?
NO. Of course they don't. They get into debates about how hot she is and who wants her most.

I find it really offensive, personally. Seeing as I'm one of those guys who is new to the whole physical attraction thing. Currently, there's really only one girl I am attracted to at all. My girlfriend. And I like that. Seeing guys hitting on (or dissing) every female on the internet really makes me upset with the bad rap they're giving every member of the sex. Then of course, people start saying how "insensitive, mean, rude, unreliable" guys are. Which ends up offending me. It's a vicious circle.
:iconowlbuddy:
owlbuddy Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
What did you expect? I've seen pictures of outright ugly women being worshiped in the comments just because they were showing some skin, imagine how much asskissing a bimbo with a D cup would get.

I wonder if girls mindlessly drool at ugly guys just because they're showing some skin or if this is just a genetic defect that only affects males
:iconbittersweetchoco:
bittersweetchoco Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
The latter. It's a psych thing...males in general are more attracted to physical attractiveness of females...thus, they have a weakness for skin. (For females, they look for financial stability and social status in men.) Females put less emphasis on body image so yes, we do like six packs but there had better be a nice face attached.
Yikes. That thought bothers me. Is everyone just THAT desperate to see skin? I mean really.

Well, I think as long as the viewers are seeing more than they usually see in real life, mindless drooling is inevitable.
:icongemdrop:
Gemdrop Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
The latter.
:iconkittythenekoalien:
KittyTheNekoAlien Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Youtube. People will always be offended.
:iconpinkmitten:
Pinkmitten Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013
To me, sexy is a combination of lots of things.
Personality, sense of humor, and obviously their looks.
Right now, I'm thinking of Sofia Vergara. :la:
Yeah, see? Right there. It's a mixture of things.
:D
:iconredfoxbennaton:
Redfoxbennaton Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
[link] that's the true definition of sexy.
as much as I love anthropormorphic animals and videogames, I can honestly say that I'm not into bestiality so I cannot appreciate said sexiness.
You don't have to be in to bestiality to like this stuff. Or you could say that to a arrogant furry.
Well, I tend to like the opposite of anthropormorphism. (fauns, centaurs etc.) And I dunno. I guess it's not 100% bestiality.
You don't have to do it then.
:iconincandescentinsanity:
IncandescentInsanity Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Student General Artist
Firstly pay no heed to youtube comments. Ever

Also a lot of guys are afraid of being labeled "gay" so I think a lot of them play up their attraction to giant boobs and asses. Or I'm wrong and I'm projecting myself onto other males again

I don't know this past year has been super confusing for me. I think I should just stop trying to understand sexuality
:iconowlbuddy:
owlbuddy Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
My theory is that they're so virginal and full of hormones that they'd hump anything that resembles a woman.

Ever seen a dog hump the couch or their master's leg? Kinda like that. :grump:
:iconincandescentinsanity:
IncandescentInsanity Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Student General Artist
I thought dogs did that to show dominance though
Yeah, I keep learning that the hard way but I can't seem to listen very well.

And that is probably the case for many of them. Which is rather sad.

I just realized I had an actual sexuality. It's all quite confusing.
:iconzodiacgal:
zodiacgal Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Everyone on youtube is stupid. :shrug: people get into fights about gay marriage on a Skillet music video.
And god on epic music.
:iconmasterplanner:
MasterPlanner Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
Arguing with people on youtube is like competing in the Special Olympics: no matter who wins, you're both fucking retarded. :nod:
... I'm not retarded.
Because I stopped.
:thumbsup: You shouldn't have started in the first place, but whatever.
Meh, I was bored and wanted to waste my time with stupid people but there were no new videos about religious fundies on youtube.
That's what political blogs with open comments are for :lol:
yeah. Except something about videos is better.
I wish it was back in the 80s. Christians hated all my favorite things back then apparently.
:iconjawdropplz:
PONIES!!
BEAUTIFUL PONIES EVERYWHERE.
(1 Reply)
:iconshininginthedarkness:
Wouldn't people who are attracted to personality FIRST all be bi/pan sexual? If personality is the MOST IMPORTANT THING, it's not like one sex has a monopoly on personalities.
Even if someone liked, say, a girly personality, there are certainly guys out there with personalities much girlier than many biological girls.
Well, it should naturally be a combination of the two. Not one or the other.
Add a Comment: