AT&T Nightmare

Okay, we had 3 MBPS internet before. While we never got the full 3 mbps we did get around 2400. Well after we had to switch our phone number, we suddenly only get around 1300.

After weeks of calling in, contacting and 3 people coming out to check the lines up and down the street (and all the way back to the distribution center). They said, we have exactly the same lines and connections as before, but they have basically no idea how we had those speeds before. So they forced us to downgrade to 1.5 mbps dsl.

They said that because we dropped out about once a week, that we had bad service before, so we could only get 1.5.

Now that is just a backdrop for the current problem. Right now we are getting only that 1.3 and now it is dropping out every 5-10 minutes. What is more, I have to manually cycle the power on the modem to get it to reconnect.

So I am banging my head against the wall, and I want to hurt the idiots at AT&T for not knowing how their own internet technology works. While I don't know how it works either. I have an excuse. I'm not trying to sell it!

The biggest unfortunate issue is the only phone provider in the area. So even if I go to another ISP. I still have to deal with AT&T.
Comments15
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I have 800kbps. And I had six months or so without internet while being switched up from 400. And the idiots from our phone company broke several modems.
Oh man, that sucks. During the last one I went without internet for two weeks. But it broke my addiction.
Man that sucks. My upload speed is faster than that! I ditched AT&T a long time ago, because they suck. Right now I'm getting about 60 mbps and thats with someone else using the internet too.
I take what I can get at the moment.
I'm sure worse things have happened to people in the past.
By that logic no one should ever complain about anything.
Only if the number of people on the planet is infinite, which it isn't.

C'mon Captain Logic, you can figure it out.
Yeah, AT&T is still trying to get us back after pulling some crap similar to that.

Is it possible y'all could get phone through cable or something like that? It's a slightly higher package if they're handling phone and internet as well as television, but it's not dealing with AT&T!
Unfortunately cable is not available here. So I am stuck with DSL, or I would.
Agh. I'm so sorry about that! Any way your current television provider could handle it?
Sorry if I'm going over plenty that you have already. ^^; AT&T was just that bad to us at one point.

Everything that happened was something "we" did, but they could fix it if we'd just pay for this service! And when we didn't need said thing is when everything but the phone itself became worse and worse. We were stuck on their dialup too.
I used to have Satalite a few years ago, but recently I have just used Netflix, otherwise I have no television provider except normal broadcast.

I can't really use Netflix right now though obviously.
Understandable. I hope you can find something at some point then, or that something worth it's money moves in.
Been waiting for years. -.-
get yourself to a country with proper internet like south korea