Why hasn't anyone suggested me for a DD yet?!

Watchers, I know you can see this thread being posted . . .

How about you take the hint? ;P

Am I really so undeserving? Do you really not think I work hard on my writing, because I do. I work pretty damn fucking hard. I know I can suggest myself but I don't think that's really as awesome as getting suggested by someone else. I want to EARN it.

The Seventh, my current trilogy novel, has been in the works for many many years. I've wrote and rewrote and edited it over and over and over again. I put in tons of work and effort all of the time. I don't think it's too much to ask for if one of you just suggests it for a DD.

Do you?! Do you really think it's too much to ask for after ALL of that hard work?

I can't be the only one who doesn't feel appreciated on this site . . .

DDs are given out all the time, and sometimes you are thinking like "how did THAT person get one?!"

You've probably seen it. I can't be the only one to have felt this way.

Or am I?

Usually, where I come from, people who work hard have their efforts rewarded. Well, I work hard. I put my heart and my soul in to my writing. It's my baby, my treasure, my hobby and my life pretty much . . .

Especially when you consider that I write fantasy, probably the hardest genre to write in. It's not like with real life genres where you can just write what you see around you. With fantasy, you have to imagine a whole new world, imagine its laws of physics, its magic system, its languages, its people . . . real life genres have it easy.

Xample:

Personally, I think Tolkien is the best example of this. Look at his world, his characters . . . his characters have as much depth as ANY real life genre character. But he created his world too. He didn't just copy it from the real world.

Everybody should be able to see this, plain as day. So when you take this all in to account, I just have one thing left to say:

Can I get a DD suggestion, please?

Think about it: I've put in the effort, I've put in the work, someone--notice me! If you're not gonna suggest me for a DD why are you even watching me?!
Comments611
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
because I'm better
i know right?people must be blind or sumthin
I think your work need a lot more editing first. I read the first chapter and it was okay, but I don't think it's nearly polished enough to be deserving of a DD.
You said, you work pretty damn fucking hard. Then try it harder.
Just because you like your own works doesn't mean the others like as much too. Maybe there are a lots of better works in the world. You just don't see them. Don't want a DD because in this way you'll never get one.

As I earlier said, work harder and earn one for real.
Uh, this is ~The-Vibeke's imposter. The original didn't find this out till last night and the reaction was very amusing. =B
"If you're not gonna suggest me for a DD why are you even watching me?!"

Watchers don't have to submit their fave artists for DDs. Why do you feel the need to alienate those who are just simply enjoying your work?
Questions to the people reading

1. I see people saying you can suggest yourself for a DD. if you do, is there anyway for people to know you did? Is suggesting yourself seen as attention whoring or would people not care :shrug:

2. What gets or how is the "popular for the last 8 hours" chosen?
anything under the 'popular' setting is ordered based on an algorithm involving pageviews, favs, and comments.
Especially when you consider that I write fantasy, probably the hardest genre to write in. It's not like with real life genres where you can just write what you see around you. With fantasy, you have to imagine a whole new world, imagine its laws of physics, its magic system, its languages, its people . . . real life genres have it easy.

I agree that world-building can sometimes take up a lot of time, although personally it's one of my favorite parts of the whole fantasy writing business. I can't agree that reality is easier to write about, because instead of building your own world, you spend a comparable amount of energy researching how our reality works.
Look at these sexy icons :iconhhhhplz:

Frankly, your work isn't up to snuff. I just read your chapter 14. It's the slowest-paced fight scene I've ever read, and that includes Dune, which is saying something. It could easily be cut by a third.

I've certainly seen my share of literary DDs I didn't think were all that compelling. It's one reason why I don't put too much stock in them. They're nice for driving pageviews, but I don't let them go to my head too much, I hope.

But by all means, if you think your work is worth the notice, why don't you suggest it yourself? There's nothing stopping you.
I thought you were good at picking up subtext D:
Sure, but I don't see the point other than the overt text of the post. Are we to expect that no one has suggested her? Is she commenting on her own trollishness as a disincentive for a DD? It's pretty opaque.
Hm, I'd go with 'this is the next logical progression of demanding attention'?
Could be, but kinda non-specific.
At the end of the day, it's everyone's own prerogative. Oh well.
I don't see why attention whores shouldn't get DD's. :shrug:

/sarcasm
I don't think you are DD worthy. Because well, I don't think a piece of writing, or well piece of BOOK. Can be a DD, since they would kinda advertise your BOOK. And Writing can be an Art form. I don't think just a story can be a DD... Also, your grammar isn't always correct, you need to add more spaces between the text. And you know, I think everyone is putting a lot of effort in their work. It doesn't mean it's immediately GOOD enough. ANyways, just enjoy the writing ^^
Literature deviations are given DDs on the site every day (usually 2 a day on average). There also have been chapters of stories that have been given DDs many times in the past, and they continue to receive them.
Hmm But still, her/his writing isn't good / special enough to be a DD. And for myself, I dunno, I don't think stories are a artform.. But that's my opinion.
If literature wasn't an art form, it wouldn't be a part of deviantArt ;)