Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 26, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 610

Why hasn't anyone suggested me for a DD yet?!

:iconthe-vibeke:
The-Vibeke Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013
Watchers, I know you can see this thread being posted . . .

How about you take the hint? ;P

Am I really so undeserving? Do you really not think I work hard on my writing, because I do. I work pretty damn fucking hard. I know I can suggest myself but I don't think that's really as awesome as getting suggested by someone else. I want to EARN it.

The Seventh, my current trilogy novel, has been in the works for many many years. I've wrote and rewrote and edited it over and over and over again. I put in tons of work and effort all of the time. I don't think it's too much to ask for if one of you just suggests it for a DD.

Do you?! Do you really think it's too much to ask for after ALL of that hard work?

I can't be the only one who doesn't feel appreciated on this site . . .

DDs are given out all the time, and sometimes you are thinking like "how did THAT person get one?!"

You've probably seen it. I can't be the only one to have felt this way.

Or am I?

Usually, where I come from, people who work hard have their efforts rewarded. Well, I work hard. I put my heart and my soul in to my writing. It's my baby, my treasure, my hobby and my life pretty much . . .

Especially when you consider that I write fantasy, probably the hardest genre to write in. It's not like with real life genres where you can just write what you see around you. With fantasy, you have to imagine a whole new world, imagine its laws of physics, its magic system, its languages, its people . . . real life genres have it easy.

Xample:

Personally, I think Tolkien is the best example of this. Look at his world, his characters . . . his characters have as much depth as ANY real life genre character. But he created his world too. He didn't just copy it from the real world.

Everybody should be able to see this, plain as day. So when you take this all in to account, I just have one thing left to say:

Can I get a DD suggestion, please?

Think about it: I've put in the effort, I've put in the work, someone--notice me! If you're not gonna suggest me for a DD why are you even watching me?!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconhorrificsensation:
HorrificSensation Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013
:icondavibeke:
DaVibeke Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013
because I'm better
:iconjust-a-witness:
Just-a-Witness Featured By Owner Feb 2, 2013
i know right?people must be blind or sumthin
:iconxxevilblondiexx:
xxEvilBlondiexx Featured By Owner Feb 1, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I think your work need a lot more editing first. I read the first chapter and it was okay, but I don't think it's nearly polished enough to be deserving of a DD.
:iconeenii:
EeNii Featured By Owner Jan 30, 2013  Student Filmographer
You said, you work pretty damn fucking hard. Then try it harder.
Just because you like your own works doesn't mean the others like as much too. Maybe there are a lots of better works in the world. You just don't see them. Don't want a DD because in this way you'll never get one.

As I earlier said, work harder and earn one for real.
:iconsomnusvorus:
Somnusvorus Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013   Digital Artist
Uh, this is ~The-Vibeke's imposter. The original didn't find this out till last night and the reaction was very amusing. =B
:iconslytherinsheiress:
SlytherinsHeiress Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013  Professional Writer
:iconfryplz:
:iconnokapiplz:
NOKAPIplz Featured By Owner Jan 29, 2013
"If you're not gonna suggest me for a DD why are you even watching me?!"

Watchers don't have to submit their fave artists for DDs. Why do you feel the need to alienate those who are just simply enjoying your work?
:iconiheartwaffies:
IheartWaffies Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013   General Artist
I love you.
:iconblackrosekane89:
Blackrosekane89 Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Professional General Artist
Questions to the people reading

1. I see people saying you can suggest yourself for a DD. if you do, is there anyway for people to know you did? Is suggesting yourself seen as attention whoring or would people not care :shrug:

2. What gets or how is the "popular for the last 8 hours" chosen?
:iconsabhira:
Sabhira Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
anything under the 'popular' setting is ordered based on an algorithm involving pageviews, favs, and comments.
:icondabrandonsphere:
DaBrandonSphere Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Especially when you consider that I write fantasy, probably the hardest genre to write in. It's not like with real life genres where you can just write what you see around you. With fantasy, you have to imagine a whole new world, imagine its laws of physics, its magic system, its languages, its people . . . real life genres have it easy.

I agree that world-building can sometimes take up a lot of time, although personally it's one of my favorite parts of the whole fantasy writing business. I can't agree that reality is easier to write about, because instead of building your own world, you spend a comparable amount of energy researching how our reality works.
:iconsynthetic--ecstasy:
Synthetic--Ecstasy Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Look at these sexy icons :iconhhhhplz:

:iconlytrigian:
Lytrigian Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Frankly, your work isn't up to snuff. I just read your chapter 14. It's the slowest-paced fight scene I've ever read, and that includes Dune, which is saying something. It could easily be cut by a third.

I've certainly seen my share of literary DDs I didn't think were all that compelling. It's one reason why I don't put too much stock in them. They're nice for driving pageviews, but I don't let them go to my head too much, I hope.

But by all means, if you think your work is worth the notice, why don't you suggest it yourself? There's nothing stopping you.
:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I thought you were good at picking up subtext D:
Sure, but I don't see the point other than the overt text of the post. Are we to expect that no one has suggested her? Is she commenting on her own trollishness as a disincentive for a DD? It's pretty opaque.
Hm, I'd go with 'this is the next logical progression of demanding attention'?
Could be, but kinda non-specific.
At the end of the day, it's everyone's own prerogative. Oh well.
:iconrequiemachina:
Requiemachina Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013
I don't see why attention whores shouldn't get DD's. :shrug:

/sarcasm
:iconsaviroosje:
Saviroosje Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I don't think you are DD worthy. Because well, I don't think a piece of writing, or well piece of BOOK. Can be a DD, since they would kinda advertise your BOOK. And Writing can be an Art form. I don't think just a story can be a DD... Also, your grammar isn't always correct, you need to add more spaces between the text. And you know, I think everyone is putting a lot of effort in their work. It doesn't mean it's immediately GOOD enough. ANyways, just enjoy the writing ^^
:icondorianharper:
DorianHarper Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Professional Writer
Literature deviations are given DDs on the site every day (usually 2 a day on average). There also have been chapters of stories that have been given DDs many times in the past, and they continue to receive them.
Hmm But still, her/his writing isn't good / special enough to be a DD. And for myself, I dunno, I don't think stories are a artform.. But that's my opinion.
If literature wasn't an art form, it wouldn't be a part of deviantArt ;)
Hmm maybe, but I think Poems and lyrics are a artform,but I real story.. I don't know where to place that
How many stories do you read? :I
Art is about creation, is it not? Something that we create from nothing?

Writers do with words what artists do with paint, markers, etc. They take a blank canvas (in this form, a page) and spill words on it as an artist would their "paint" and bring something to life.
hmm yeah that's true, I'm a writer myself tho. It's true I have created that "world" hmm I never thought so deep about stories haha. You actually create it with your mind, put it into words, so others can well see that movie in their head. BTW Congrats with your DD ^^ Just saw it!
:nod:

Unlike art that's actually right there to see, writing just takes it a step further and allows the viewer (reader, in this case) to have to create the image for themselves. It's there, but it paints itself again and again each and every time a new reader comes along. If that's not art, then I don't know what is ;)

And thanks so much! :la:
(1 Reply)
:icongappy-mcgrapist:
Gappy-McGrapist Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013
Last time I checked, whores don't get DDs. Oh, wait, yes they do. You just need to wait until after college for your daddy to buy them. :iconteheplz:

(Also...your daddy's buying them? You whoring your body out to HIM now TOO???)
:iconhorrificsensation:
HorrificSensation Featured By Owner Jan 31, 2013
lolz X]
:iconkattling:
Kattling Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
If you think you deserve a DD, you can enter yourself for one. C: It said in the DeviantArt rules somewhere (I can't remember where exactly, but I read them when I was trying to submit my friend's work for a DD) that you can put forward your own work, and it is even encouraged. :D
:iconx666nightmare666x:
x666NiGhTmArE666x Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013
:unimpressed: People have noticed you, how much of a waste you are. Skill is what makes a good writer, not fucking effort. :smoking:
:iconsarunamirabu:
SarunaMirabu Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013
There are a looooooooot of people are this site.
A lot of talented people.
And a lot of them don't get DDs.
So.....

.....just because you "work hard" on something doesn't mean you're going to get a DD for it.
A LOT of people work hard and put effort into their works; I don't see them getting DDs for it.

Also it isn't the duty of your watchers to suggest you for a DD. :/ I know you're only suggesting that they do it, but just because someone watches you doesn't mean they're going to suggest you for a DD.
:iconwyntry:
Wyntry Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
Just keep it up. I am sure someone will notice you eventually. It happens. Hell, there are plenty of pieces I have seen that I thought were the best thing ever created, but I never really had the chance to bother to categorize them. Sometimes you just can't categorize it, it just has to be appreciated.
You'll get there. Keep at it.
:iconjames--steele:
James--Steele Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
:iconbenjamin-biddix:
Benjamin-Biddix Featured By Owner Jan 28, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Holy shit. :iconoo-plz:
:iconjames--steele:
James--Steele Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
OH MY GOD. YOU'RE THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD.
:iconnicholai-nii:
Nicholai-nii Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Because no one is automatically entitled to a DD just from working hard. ._____. Geez.
Hey, I'm an artist and a writer. I spend hours, sometimes days on my stuff. But even if it gets just one favorite or comment or whatever I'm still ecstatic.
If I ever got a DD I'd probably have a heart attack from excitement and drop dead on the spot.
Also, too be completely honest - I read the first paragraph of your story The Seventh and I got bored. No offense.
I'm not saying you didn't work hard on it or anything, but try revising it, maybe? You might get more people to read it then.
:iconputinade:
Putinade Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013   Digital Artist
Or you could try editing and revising your story.
Maybe then someone would suggest it, just a hint.
:iconcabledrive:
CableDrive Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I've read your works, but i am sorry, they do not merit a DD. Improve your skills more and create a story that captures people interest, that makes people think, that makes people feel many emotions, because your work at the moment does not do that.
:iconeuterpe-the-egret:
Euterpe-The-Egret Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
:lmao:

:pointandlaugh:
:iconfantasylover103:
fantasylover103 Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Because no one really likes you, no offense.
:iconkittythenekoalien:
KittyTheNekoAlien Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Sometimes DD's get suggested but not accepted - I know I've suggested one for a friend and it didn't go through. I say try to get more of a fanbase to increase your chances, as well as to always keep improving. Put your works in groups to help.
:iconmaltese101:
maltese101 Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Student General Artist
Try harder next time, kid!
:iconzeflyingmuppet:
ZeFlyingMuppet Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
SPOILERS!!! Acrostic. What Did You Expect.
Don't feed the troll :spammer:
:iconmitoma:
Mitoma Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013
Holy shit that's crazy. :lol: Hard to get past the 7 year deviant thing, though. However I wouldn't be surprised either way.

But holy shitmonkeys. I need to find their other threads. Now it's a game. :la:
:iconzeflyingmuppet:
ZeFlyingMuppet Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
It's like saw except internet version :slow:
:iconmitoma:
Mitoma Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013
Goddammit they're not all acrostic. :grump:
:iconmidnalovez:
midnalovez Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013
I expected this.
Now go do the gauntlet challenge. I want to see your misery in eating habaneros then puking up super spicy milk and nuclear warheads :icongrinstareplz:
You should then go eat a 5 pound gummy bear in less than an hour because WHO
DOESN'T LIKE GUMMY BEARS?!??!
I mean, come on.
Everybody Does.
People.
Love.
Zis. Yes ma'am I said zis.
Add a Comment: