Closed to new replies
January 26, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 360

Hugely popular artists

:iconkhomaa:
Khomaa Featured By Owner Jan 26, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Sometimes they're awesome, sometimes they're huge dicks. Sometimes they're dicks for a good reason or sometimes not.
I had a run in with one of DA's most popular artists ever. I asked an innocent question and got total hostility.
Why? Because I wasn't aware that Latinos are hybrids.

Well here's the thread.
[link]

I'm still blocked. My guess is that that I actually bothered to push back and they didn't like that.

I was told to 'do your research' because I wasn't aware that Latinos were hyrbids. Okay so I googled it
[link]

See any sort of credible article covering this? I don't. Dunno where they got that conclusion from but geez..

Okay, you're sick of explaining it but does it mean they gotta be such an asshole about it? Does it really take up so much time and energy to say, "oh no sorry, hybrids are not covered."

If they have to answer it Sooooo fucking much..why not clarify in the comments where they post that hybrids aren't covered if they're still having such a problem about it?

Ugh. I'm glad to know popular artists like *Uriko44 who isn't a total ass or even snarky despite her success. It gives me hope that not all popular artists are conceited dickpoles.

tl;dr
Ask politely for a certain tutorial, artist loses patience and snaps at me, I retaliate then get blocked.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconwizardofunseen:
WizardOfUnseen Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Being popular on the internet is equivalent to being popular in a mental hospital. It is better to be good at something and helping others in real life.
Khomaa Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
XD Well and interestingly said
:icondevildaggers:
DevilDaggers Featured By Owner Feb 7, 2013
Just remember that their internet popularity amounts to jack shit in the real world, and that they will die lonely deaths. :giggle:
:iconceibita:
Ceibita Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013
So, can people make enough money through deviantart to life off of, like how top youtubers do youtube for a living? Cause then, internet popularity *would* amount to something in the real world.
Khomaa Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Unless you're Christopher Hart..then you can use your popularity to boost the sales of your books :U
Very misleading books.
:iconparadedemon:
ParadeDemon Featured By Owner Feb 9, 2013  Student Artist
Eww, Christopher Hart's books suck. :U
His western style books aren't too bad though I feel he's trying to teach what he doesn't fully understand when it comes to his anime books.
Yeah.
I know he has this nice "how to draw cartoon animals" book that is definitely better than books such as his "how to draw manga"
Meh, who can blame him? I mean, the tutorials and anime genre are huge, especially among kids so it's a great way to make loads of cash, even if his books aren't really..that good.
Gotta agree, great way for him to make money.
I have to admit I had my parents buy his books a few times when I was getting started drawing. XD
Add a Comment: