Details

Closed to new replies
January 25, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 378

People who give Teenagers a Bad Name

:icondragonflae:
I won't mention any names, but everyone who's got a fucking deviantart account knows who I'm talking about right now.

Whoever showed her that the Complaints Forum existed, fuck you.

Whoever showed her the internet existed, fuck you, too.

This is not god damned Facebook. If you wanna continue to stir up shit for no good reason, go there instead.

You can't write for shit, and what little talent you do possess is entirely overshadowed by the fact that you can't take criticism whatsoever.

In fact, you're so sensitive that somebody can't even make a joke around you without you being offended. I don't know if you go and cry in a corner when this happens. I wouldn't doubt it.

Any serious author would laugh in your face if you told them that there's only one genre worth reading.

To be a decent author, you have to read so much. Not just the genre you want to write in! Read books on psychology for character development! Industry, science and geology to design the novel's world! Classics like Poe, Lewis Carroll and L. Frank Baum! Read anything you can get your bloody hands on!

You even take offense to an article written that had literally nothing to do with you, and then permanently spew hate propaganda for the author! How immature can you get!?

If you think you're going to get into the hard-as-nails publishing industry, no, you're not. You're not even an eighteenth of the way good enough.

Every time you post in the Complaints forum, the only thing you accomplish is making yourself look worse. I honestly don't know how you don't see this.

You are literally every negative stereotype about teenagers there is.

Oversensitive. Over-dramatic. Speshul Snowflake. First World Problems. Spoiled rotten. And somehow both a pompous prat and insecure in your own abilities at the same time.

News flash, honey. You don't need a man to complete you.

Boyfriends aren't everything. I'm single, perfectly confident and happy with myself and my image. If you can't live your life confidently without whatever sick 'proof' you get of your own self worth without a boy on your arm, you need to fucking rethink your priorities.

Ultimately, I'd like to say three things.

1) Grow the fuck up. You're the same age as I am and you act like you're twelve.

2) You don't need some fucking boy to prove to everyone and yourself that you're good enough to exist. It doesn't matter whether you're in love or not, and frankly you're so immature that seems impossible.

3) If you're gonna write, then fucking read. That includes critiques of your work, no matter how harsh. That's all that can fucking help you.

tl;dr Who wants to bet she won't even know who I'm talking about?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmothermoonsayshello:
MotherMoonSaysHello Feb 9, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Gel, private message me and enlighten me please? I want to know who to gossip about secretly to my secret friends :iconteheplz:
:iconkinoc-kun:
Kinoc-Kun Jan 28, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
She doesn't just give teenagers, but writers themselves a bad name.

I'm a writer, I mainly focus on adventure and fantasy, but I've been trying to branch off into something more realistic. I nearly have two books done, both past the halfway point, and it is fucking hard to keep a story going and get all the details just right and keep it consistent enough to be good. I have no idea who you're talking about, but she'd probably get one rejection letter and go into a frenzy of self-loathing and emo craziness from how you've described her.
:iconmisterturtle:
MisterTurtle Jan 28, 2013
I haven't read a book in a while because the last one I read on my own time rather than a school thing depressed the living fuck out of me. :saddummy:

And than I've been thinking about it since and have concluded that it wasn't even that good. I'm just too damn sensitive. :crying:

Also, on the subject of teens, in my fair opinion the vast majority of us ARE petty, unrealistic, entitlest dumbasses. And the ones that aren't are mostly outcasts, loners and/or too idealistic.
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Everybody who has a DA account knows of her? I'm pretty sure only a couple hundred to a couple thousand users know who she is. Mostly just people who use the forums. I'm pretty sure she's just trolling anyway, even though she is annoying.

You do bring up some excellent points though.
:iconkightster:
I have to say, you make some really enjoyable rants :lol:
:iconcustardandpie:
CustardAndPie Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
This girl you're talking about makes me ashamed of being a teenager. . . VERY ashamed. :iconheaddeskplz:
:iconmothermoonsayshello:
MotherMoonSaysHello Feb 9, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I can agree.
:iconzeflyingmuppet:
ZeFlyingMuppet Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist Filmographer
She is just a masochist... Honestly. Vibeke that is.
She's probably gonna go up there with =prosaix soon but only the utterly stupid version. at least =prosaix has some good stamps and not bad literature and can actually read xD
:iconkittythenekoalien:
KittyTheNekoAlien Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I kinda suspected it was her >.> with the "one genre worth reading" I thought it was somebody else though >.>
:iconartisticaxis:
ArtisticAxis Jan 27, 2013  Professional General Artist
I'd say I frequent this place enough so to say that this is probably about good ol The-Vibeke
amiright
Add a Comment: