Every Owner On Youtube Abuses Their Pet/s

Seriously? I swear everytime I'm looking at videos captured of pets in their funny/ best moments, some grossly malinformed turdherder is screaming animal rights or abuses. For example my favourite video of a cockatoo with a 'tude: [link]
has arguments all up and down about birds being forced to live in cages or that the bird in the video was distressed or some shit.

It was very clearly enjoying the joke with it's owner as evidenced by it's instant attitude change at the end where he goes to pat the bird among other body language signs. Teaching your bird to cuss does't make you a bad owner by default, the bird doesn't even know what it's saying unless you teach it to associate phrases with certain actions.

:icontealdeerplz: People. Youtube. Animals. Hurr.
Comments217
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Pretty much anything you do with your pet is somehow going to register as animal abuse to someone else because their ethics differ from your own.

"I tie my dog outside."
ANIMAL ABUSE!11
:slow: "I didn't say they were out there all day..."
seriously I stopped reading you tube comments. People ALWAYS end up fighting/saying stupid stuff and all I get from it is a drop of my brain cells
I agree, every time somebody uploads a video of their pet and it gets a decent amount of views, people start preaching about animal rights or that the video is animal abuse. They always tell others that they're horrible pet owners, even when they don't know anything. It's always been something that annoyed me.
I was actually discussing this with my boyfriend the other day, I used to have a territorial rabbit who hated my sisters male rabbit. They were kept in separate hutches and I had a video up where my sisters rabbit was out of his hutch for his daily exercise and every time he ran past my rabbits hutch she would practically roar at him. It didn't get any comments but got a few down votes.
Everyone just puts on an act on the internet, I bet half of these people screaming abuse on youtube do the same things to their own pets.
I've just read the first comment posted on the video. Have you read it? "I don't work for PETA" WTF!? O_o'''
I myself am a huge fan of PETA, and there's nothing wrong with this video O_o That guy isn't beating the bird up or anything...
I wanted to post a funny video of my vegan cat stealing my vegetables, but I think I'll just keep it for myself. Too many retards out there :stare:
Vegan cat..? I'm not one to quickly say that something is animal abuse, but cats are strict carnivores.. You should really feed him meat.
If you don't want to feed your pets meat, then get a strict herbivore like a bunny or a goat.
Nah don't worry, I take good care of my cats :) They have their own cat food. I like to call her "vegan" because she steals my vegetables and drink in my soy milk glasses (gotta watch her), but I don't feed them only vegetables.
Ah okay. Good. =) Nevermind then.
LOL at the cussing bird.
It is so damn irritating that every time I look at a video with someones exotic pet it is "abuse" There no comments like that in this vid (surprisingly) .[link]
But you know some moron is going to come along and say OmG it belongs in teh wild aminal abuse!!1! The ignorance is beyond irritating for people who do a damn fine job of taking care of these animals. I fear all the fecking retards in this country are going to keep me from my dream of having a pet fox.:facepalm: If people knew anything they would know most people actually buy these animals from breeders and that they are not "cruelly ripped from their homes in the wild". Any exotic animal can be perfectly happy with the right person. People should try to really look at both sides of the story before they judge. I know a few people with bobcats that are better behaved then most peoples dogs.

People only see the bad because thats what the media likes to portray.

Sigh, End exotic rant.
I find really weird how the bird responded in eerily human ways to that guys yelling. O_o It was like watching a teenager argue with their parents.
I posted up a video of my dog Mallory, who unfortunately suffers from Hyperthyroidism. This causes her to be fatter than she should, even though I have her on a special diet and I exercise her every day, yet she still is somewhat overweight. I'm so terrified that people are going to be total dickcheeses and write that I'm an abusive owner. :(
Funny how I never see PETA comment on animal videos.
this thread is animal abuse
If I post videos of my geckos on the internet (which I probably will at some point), I'll just say that I'm going to feed the geckos one live baby mouse for each negative comment. Then I'll follow through! Will people on YouTube FORCE BABIES TO DIE? We'll see!
:lmao:

Now that's entertainment! :popcorn:
I want to see the geckos! :la:

Do they even eat baby mice? :ohnoes:
Wow, bigger than I thought they'd be!
My female's about 12.5 inches, sometimes they get up to 15. They can be a little scary, they have kind of huffy personalities. I love 'em though.
This is the reason why I'm a little afraid of making and posting videos of my pet lovebird. She plucks her feathers, and the reason why she has bald spots is NOT from abuse. Because apparently on YouTube, bald spots or scraggy looks = THE ANIMAL IS ABUSED CALL THE GODDAMN HUMANE SOCIETY. They don't realize that even the most loved parrots can pluck out their own feathers. Next thing you know, even LOOKING at an animal will be considered animal abuse on YouTube.
My sisters first lovebird used to do that, his neck was completely featherless, it looked freaky. Try adding something new in the cage, because that is a sign of boredom.
I was doing a behavior study on one of her current lovebirds last year, she had started showing similar behaviors, once I added a foraging toy it was severely reduced.