Closed to new replies
January 23, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 224

VioletSkull being cyber-bullied in deviantArt

:iconvideth:
Videth Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Student General Artist
:iconvioletskull: is being cyber-bullied through her profile page by a group of three girls.
She defends herself but she needs support through this.
Hopefully she has some people to support her, but after an experience like this, she will probably think bad about the deviantArt community.
Currently, the issue is still running. Violet is being bullied by :iconvanessa-smilez:, :iconkimmers124: and :iconanonymousbitch101:. Some friends and me already reported them, but they might as well create more accounts and continue if theirs get deleted/blocked.

Really, please show some empathy towards Violet.

Devious Comments

:iconstivia:
sTiViA Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist
:lock: At OP's request.
:iconnyx-valentine:
Nyx-Valentine Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Professional General Artist
If you, or someone else are being harassed, please make use of the block tool:

If you continue to have issues, or your harasser attempts to evade your block, please report them using the help desk:

:lock:
:icondeviant-garde:
deviant-garde Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
Why are you telling us? What are WE supposed to do about it?
:iconunclegargy:
UncleGargy Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
All she has to do is block them and if it continues, just close her account and open another one . But then depends how much 'art' she has on there as they could find her that way.
:iconpinkmitten:
Pinkmitten Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
How did this all start out anyway? I suppose ~VioletSkull isn't innocent either?
Because these "bullies" you are talking about are trolls using some girls pictures on Facebook. Two of the three accounts are five months old and the last one,~AnonymousBitch101, is four.
:iconanaliasunknown:
AnAliasUnknown Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
Probably not the ideal place to come for this. That being said, I think most of the regulars here would agree that the "3 bullies" are in fact one troll who's trying too hard. If it's bothering her that much, ~VioletSkull should just block the accounts and move on :shrug:.
:iconartisticaxis:
ArtisticAxis Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
cyber bullying.
Biggest joke ever.
Grow a spine.
:iconzodiacgal:
zodiacgal Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
News flash: We're not you personal army. She can just block them. Simple as that.
:iconzodiacgal:
zodiacgal Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
*your
:iconkitsumekat:
kitsumekat Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
This is the reason why it should be illegal for parents to let their kids online without monitoring them. All of you guys are a bunch of moronic attention seeking whorefucks. For starters, If you guys actually rubbed what little brain cells you have, you would've known to ignore them. Also, you and your friend can be reported for harassment now since you guys did the same thing you screamed about. My word, do kids actually pay attention in class or something?
:iconsbkmulletman:
sbkMulletMan Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
If children gave half a shit about their education, they wouldn't be wasting their time being idiots over the internet.

This is why I'm glad the internet wasn't a big thing until I was in high school, and even then, the age of pansy-ass "wahhh, cyberbullies are hurting my feelings!" hadn't started yet. Hell, if anything, kids were tougher and had thicker skin in my day thanks to the Attitude-era of the WWF.

:iconsuckitplz:
I barely used the internet when I was a kid. I played outdoors and did stuff.
:icone-c-h:
e-c-h Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Professional General Artist
oh the days of long past XD i remember the outdoors!
The snowball fights, riding your bike downhill in the rain, getting ice cream from the bomb pop/ ding ding man in the summer, etc.
:iconlifh:
Lifh Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
Dawww... weally? Poor baby. <:'( I think I'm going to cry.
:iconmaryyana:
MaryYana Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013   Traditional Artist
Complaints is generally not the best place to go to with these issues, just so you know in case you see this kind of thing happening again. I see you reported them, and that's good. That's what you should do. Another thing is that your friend might be better off blocking these people.

Apart from that, these girls are just camwhores who seem to lack the skill to form valuable thoughts. Your friend should keep that in mind and see it as a good reason not to take them seriously nor feel bad from anything they have to say.
Yeah, indeed now I know it's not the right place to go.
:iconblackrosekane89:
Blackrosekane89 Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Professional General Artist
I'm against cyber bullying, but I don't really see why this is such a big deal. Report, block and move on. Even if they make a new account. It's DA, it's not like it's FB or something like that where you're being harrased in front of family and friends by people you may have to deal with on a regular basis and could face long term consequences. It's annoying and rude but a simple block, even if you have to do it more then once, easily fixes the problem :)
Yeah but anonymity abuse is a problem in itself.
:iconblackrosekane89:
Blackrosekane89 Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Professional General Artist
Yeah but making journal posts and this thread is a horrible and quite frankly a very immature way to deal with it. You're just adding to the problem by reacting exactly how they want you to.

Them being anonymous isn't my point. My point is these are people who have no actual effect on her life whatsoever. They don't know her personally, they're harassing a DA account, so the problem is easily dealt with. It's not like she's being forced to deal with these people in anyway after she blocks them, even if she has to do it more then once.

I think what they're doing is wrong, but your friend must like the drama somewhat to refrain from blocking them. She can make it all go away.

Tell your friend to block and ignore. If they keep making new profiles and DA takes time to take action, keep blocking and ingoring. Eventually they'll tire out and move on.
Hm you're right, I'm just making this going in a very stupid way =="
:iconpigwasher:
Pigwasher Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Online harassment will exist, with or without anonymity.
The problem is the abuse of it. Not anonymity itself.
:icon290pika:
290Pika Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Student Filmographer
And why do you think anyone here in Complaints would care? Quite frankly, boo hoo, they're not nice. If she's reported and blocked the users there's nothing more to do. :shrug: Even if they come back, guess what? She can block them and report them for block evasion.

You dragging it on and telling random people to go support her does not do anything for her. I'd be embarrassed if my friends went around saying someone was mean to me on the internet.
:iconatlantech:
Atlantech Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
yeah, not your personal army :|
:iconbenjamin-biddix:
Benjamin-Biddix Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
If she gets "bullied" over the internet she doesn't belong here to be 100 % honest, she can always ignore it to and not feed them....also help desk is great for that kind of thing. :B
Already reported them through the help desk, but if I remember right, the actual infringement is block bypassing, right?
Yes, they will probably get IP banned for that, I viewed the profiles, they seem like one person running all three accounts too.
One person? Really?
yep, if you look at the times of post and account activity it's really obvious, she has a very dedicated troll on her hands, I left her a comment here telling her.
[link]

Also the profile pictures etc. I found on Google images no problem...a very sloppy troll is all it is. :no:
Well, thanks for the help.
No problem.
Oh o.o
:iconkinrift:
Kinrift Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
Taking people on the internet seriously is a sure way to get yourself fucked up. I provoked a troll into spamming my page a while back, and I got him to block me just by not giving a shit.

However, I actually agree with you. Not really because of empathy, but because the antagonists here are a bunch of stupid camwhores who think this site is Facebook. And those people are people I naturally shit on.
:icontidal-wave-art:
Tidal-Wave-Art Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
THIS is what the block feature was made for. My God, everyone uses it for every reason possible except for its actual purpose. If it's really bothering your friend after that, just let her know that their only gonna hurt her feeling if she lets them. Ignore them, have fun, and move the hell on with life. =)
Woah, thinking about it, and what you said, it's true that whenever the block feature's actual reason to be happens, we(not you, but I and some of my friends) complain about it instead of just using it...
:iconprosaix:
prosaix Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
Shut the fuck up
:iconcake-fiend:
cake-fiend Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
This is NOT how you deal with online harassment, it only drags out the conflict.
She needs to remove the journal and the screenshots, block them, and ignore them. They might make new accounts. Just keep blocking and ignoring. Do not respond, do not talk about them, just pretend they do not exist. They will eventually get bored and go away.
:iconfantasylover103:
fantasylover103 Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I COULD help, but I'm not so good against bullies. Tell her to ignore them. These people aren't worth her time.
:iconcherylblanche:
CherylBlanche Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
:icontriplefacepalmplz:

They're just your regular idiots looking for a fight.
She shouldn't have bothered. They're so stereotypical it's actually hilarious when you think about it.
:iconsbkmulletman:
sbkMulletMan Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
I can't feel empathy for somebody so weak and pathetic that they actually need some other pathetic baby to raise "awareness" of a trivial, meaningless situation that can quickly be solved by a block button, or just by growing the hell up.

You kids these days really need to grow thicker skin and not get so easily upset over nothing to the point where you have to literally cry for help and attention. We're not your mommy.
:iconlifh:
Lifh Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
I completely agree with you.
:iconk-koji:
K-Koji Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
It looks like the Deviantart version of Meangirls :o

...except the girls are even less educated
:iconkinrift:
Kinrift Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
:rofl:
:iconpuzzledheartbox:
PuzzledHeartBox Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
:iconepicclapplz:
And also, with an honourable mention
:iconhelpdeskplz::lock:
:iconladydeven:
LadyDeven Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
:bow:
:iconsomnusvorus:
Somnusvorus Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013   Digital Artist
Ignore, block and report. Nine years of being involved in any internet community will tell you that. Bringing up the issue is not going to help as it can make things worse and we're not your personal army. However, really.... complaints is not the place to bring up stuff like this~ Lurk more and you'll soon discover why.
:iconmercury-crowe:
Mercury-Crowe Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
lol so you come to COMPLAINTS to, what, get a group of us to go beat up the big bad people?

Wrong place.

She needs to complain to the admins, then that's it.

We're not your personal army.
:iconhkepoetry:
hkepoetry Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
1. We are not your personal white knight army.
2. Block feature. Use it. If they come back, block them again.
3. Report to the help desk. And if they make new accounts, report them again since it'll be considered ban-evading (a.k.a. abuse of the system) and harassment.
Add a Comment: