Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 22, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 135

Sex offenders are being let out early, that's just plain stupid!

:iconfangirl-of-cuteness:
Fangirl-of-Cuteness Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I just saw on the news that in Indiana they're letting sex offenders out of jail early if they get a college degree! That's just plain stupid! Getting a degree doesn't un-rape the girls and boys out there, it doesn't make them any less of a criminal, and it doesn't help the victims of their assault! That's what's wrong with society now! Letting criminals run loose! If I were a rape victim, I wouldn't want my rapist out on the streets! These people are IDIOTS!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconfantasylover103:
fantasylover103 Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Life is cruel. So very cruel. But hey, maybe the degree's on how to NOT rape a person?
:iconbonnieknox:
BonnieKnox Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Well, obviously the justice does not do the work properly. When the justice fails, you have to use other resorces...

This is when you call Mr Knife. He will fix things for ya. Mr knife gets rid of the problem pretty fast, cuts the problem from it's root. :iconevilgrinplz:
Fangirl-of-Cuteness Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Like I said before. I posted this not knowing that the news had left out vital information on who was being let out. Turns out only a few were able to and that was because they also had good behavior. What I wrote isn't all true.
:iconbonnieknox:
BonnieKnox Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Ahm. The news people, and their misleading info... ugh.

Anyhow, you can not unrape the people. It just pisses me off. Just because the victims are alive, some folks think this crime is not so vile. After all, they have killed part of that victims. Castration would be the solution to my understanding, but well, it is tricky... there are trial failures too and innocent convicted, so...ugh
:iconcommandereve:
CommanderEVE Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Student General Artist
Chop off their dicks and then see if they can get a degree.
Okay seriously, I made a mistake in posting this. The news station left out vital information on who was being let out! I was kindly informed by one of the other commenters. Not all criminals are being let out. Just scroll through comments to understand more.
:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Do you want this locked? :B
No, it's fine.
:iconlifh:
Lifh Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
One out of five sex offenders are actually innocent.
:iconkitsumekat:
kitsumekat Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
The only issue would be if they're a level 2-3.
:iconknightster:
Knightster Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
I'd rather let them out instead of a murderer.
:iconkoyukuk:
Koyukuk Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist
The only time I didn't oppose to a sex offender being let out early was when Cali decided to release a quadriplegic rapist/murderer because he was costing the state at least 100k a year in medical costs. At least he won't be causing more trauma :X
:iconmasterplanner:
MasterPlanner Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Professional Artisan Crafter
Democrats, :icontheresyourproblemplz:

Now, I noticed your username and I think you would like to see the plushies. [link]

:iconlovely-words:
Lovely-Words Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
How much for this one? I actually have money now!
For Vinyl Scratch, I'm currently asking $160 + enough money to ship it express mail to your country.

Sorry, but she is a pretty big plushie and she took a lot of time to make. ^^;
Fuck. Are the others cheaper?
Pony plushies generally cost $125-200 depending on the character. That's because they're each a foot tall standing and yarn is expensive.

I do sell a range of other plushies for lower prices. [link]
[link] Once I get my paycheck, I want to order a mini onigiri if that's okay.
Well, something like that would just be $30, with free shipping if you're in the United States.
Yeah, I'm in the US. Once I get my check, I'll note you about how I'm supposed to pay you, if that's okay.
(1 Reply)
:iconneo-kaiser:
Neo-Kaiser Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013
I'll buy Vinyl Scratch off you!
If you have $160 + shipping to your country in USD, I'll gladly take your money. ;p
Why you charging me extra?
Bitch, that's the exact same price I quoted to the half-dozen other people who asked about it.
I read differently in your journal :ohnoes:
No you didn't.
Why wouldn't I?
It turns out the news station left out some vital information on the people being let out. The only ones who have had also been on good behavior. If you want to understand more just look at the comments below.
Well, of course they're behaving well inside prison where you can be sent to solitary or have privileges taken if you break the rules. The fact that a prisoner behaves well inside prison is not necessarily a good indicator that he will behave well outside of it.
You know, if a couple of 17 year old teenagers are sexually active, like all teenagers, and are merely a month apart for their birthdays, if the guy has sex with the girl sometime in that month he will be labeled as a sex offender and put on the list?
:iconrockygems:
RockyGems Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Student General Artist
No, I think if there's a two-year gap or less, it doesn't count.
:iconcake-fiend:
cake-fiend Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Alright, I researched this myself and you're blowing things out of proportion
What's happening is that recently in Indiana two sex offenders were released early because they got their sentences greatly reduced. This was mostly for good behavior, but a couple more years were cut for earning bachelor's degrees. They took advantage of the law, no one just up and decided "hey, let's go ahead and release some sex offenders, what's the harm?"
Ok, that's lame that they got out so early, but it's not like Indiana is releasing sex offenders left and right.
A bill has been proposed that would change current law so that sex offenders wouldn't be able to reduce their sentences as much. It's probably going to pass and this won't happen again, so don't get your panties in a twist.
Oh, my bad. I was watching this on the news and what they said was that sex offenders were being let out because they took a college course and that it was possible to let other offenders out because of the courses. It didn't say anything about their good behavior. I'm sorry for causing the confusion.
:iconagona-d:
Agona-d Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Maybe you could link the article where you read this?
Sorry, I don't know if there is one. I saw it on the news. I'm really hoping the news was just pulling my leg.
:iconagona-d:
Agona-d Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Oh okay, that's okay I was just wondering, but I'll probably be able to find it easily enough, google to the rescue lol.
:iconbadgercheese1994:
Badgercheese1994 Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Student General Artist
Letting them out PERIOD is stupid.
Exactly!
Badgercheese1994 Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Student General Artist
However at the same time, they consider an 18 year old that has sex with a 17 year old a sex offender (in states where 18 is the age of consent,) Which I think is stupid. The difference between 17 and 18 is barely anything. Now a 40 year old having sex with a 17 year old? That's a different story.
:iconlobosabio:
LoboSabio Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013
Not necessarily. In my state a seventeen year old having sex with an eighteen year old is perfectly fine because the law allows a two year leeway with minors.
Badgercheese1994 Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Student General Artist
Well it varies. Btw I thought you lived in the UK :stare:
LoboSabio Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013
Sorry, no. I've lived in the US my entire life.
Yeah, that's a point.
:icon290pika:
290Pika Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Student Filmographer
Prison doesn't really teach anyone a lesson either because it's not an immediate lesson. :shrug:
LoboSabio Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013
You seem to be under the impression that once someone commits a crime they will always be a criminal. That there's no possible way for them to reform.
:iconstormofshadows:
Stormofshadows Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
To be fair, while I do agree that with many crimes they can reintegrate into society if given the chance, those who have committed sexual crimes have a much higher chance to re-offend for the same crime. Given how much these crimes impact their victims, I can understand people's reluctance about releasing such offenders early.
What I mean is if I were a criminal I could take a few courses and get out. Most people in jail for sexual offense are just gonna take the easy way out and not serve their time.
:iconjeweledscarab:
JeweledScarab Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
Fuck my state. We're moving backwards so fast we're gonna invent time travel at this rate.

Not that them being in prison in the first place fixes anything anyway...
Yep. Indiana officially sucks. I miss living in Michigan.
:iconjeweledscarab:
JeweledScarab Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
I've lived here all my live and have been trying to get out the whole time. I haven't even had the joy of knowing what other states are like and I hate it here.
Add a Comment: