Fucking hell!

You know what I hate?

I hate people's who go around sounding relatively sane most of the time, and people listen to them, but something feels off to me.
Turns out I'm fucking right. I hate being so right. Bitch, I hate you!

Tl;dr: Signature. :stare: getting drunk and then raped is totally comparable to being friendzoned. :stare:
Comments234
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
At the top is a very vague description of a situation and at the bottom of rape... Anyone see a plausible connection here?
how did this randomly turn into rape....
I think you're mistaking a demonstration of reductio ad absurdum intended to expose a double standard for a statement of actual opinion.
I shouldn't be surprised you turned out to be the person in this thread that actually got it.

(If you ever catch me complaining too loudly about the crazies in Politics, smack me and remind me of this thread.)
Oh I am so glad I avoided that thread. :stare:
People shouldn't get drunk, period. Its dangerous to others around them, and it puts yourself at risk. (Just think about all the drunk driving accidents that happen per year...) That being said......there is no excuse for rape. Not sure what how friendzoning turned into rape though...seems kind of random to me.
Girls should know how the world works (we weren't born yesterday)... specially that sometimes the boys are drunk too...
Drunk= very stupid decision= deal with it.
Are you a friend of ~The-Vibeke by any chance?
I don't know this person
So you're saying we should teach people "don't get raped" rather than "Don't be a disgusting excuse for a human being and don't rape people". I don't care how drunk someone is. It's not okay to rape them and it certainly isn't their fault that some abhorrent piece of shit decided it was okay to rape them.
If a guy gets drunk and wakes up next to a woman that he doesn't know and doesn't remember.... then she raped him?
then the same woman wakes up feeling the same as him... she instantly thinks she got raped.

It's not ok to rape someone, it's the most awefull thing a person can do to one another, but sometimes you get drunk and end up in a situation that you don't like because you got drunk... there is not body to blame... you just need to deal with it and move on.

I'm not talking about rape in general here, not about men punting pills on drinks.... I'm just talking about a girl that got drunk, while drunk she was awake and moving.
there is not body to blame... </>

The rapist is to blame. Male or female they made the decision to rape. Is it the victim's fault they got mugged or killed. Why should this be any different? We teach people to not do those things, why not teach them not to rape?
The world is an ugly and unfair place... people need to know this, If I know that drinking to some extend will put me in danger than I wouldn't do it.... I'm well aware of those gays.
If I chose to passe out in some random club, than I take my chances... It's like standing in the middle of the street with cars expecting not to get hit... you take the risk.
That doesn't answer any of the questions I presented. I don't care if I'm walking around Time Square stark naked and blackout drunk. No one gets to rape under any circumstances and saying things like "don't get raped" is really just telling people to make sure it happens to someone else.
Yep I want people to get rape... like really?
View all replies
People should be able to cut loose and have fun without worrying about being violated.

Aside from that, what you're suggesting is a very negative view on men. Men have brains. They are capable of respecting their fellow human beings and, like, not raping them.

Men are not sharks drawn to meat.
like women get drunk men do too... you said both have brains... so both need to take full responsibility over their actions, saying that the man needs to take full responsibility for a women that is drunk when he is also drunk is stupid...
women are also sharks drawn to meat....the problem is that they regret it and call it rape then start to look for someone to blame for their own actions, instead of taking their own responsibility.
He is only responsible for his actions.

Being drunk in and of itself does not guarantee rape, so the woman is only responsible for the fact that she is drunk and probably trying to have a good time.

The rape is completely up to the one doing the rape, whether that is a man or even another woman.

Hell, even men can be raped. Women are not the only ones.
As I said:

Telling someone that they shouldn't do X doesn't prevent rape.
Telling someone that they shouldn't do X just puts them ahead of the pack.

As they say, 'Antelope do not need to be very fast... they only need to be faster than the slowest Antelope.' :S
If a women is drunk she needs to know that she might do something stupid during that time... so if she does it... she needs to be aware that she was the one who put herself into that situation and no blame people around her for it.
Teaching women not to do something bad doesn't stop rape... it just means that the man will take advantage of someone else. If all women stopped drinking, it'd mean that men would prey on the sick and the elderly.

Also, saying that the rapist is not to blame for what he did is very disrespectful, demeaning and sexist to men. Saying a man 'can't help himself' or that 'she put herself in that situation' implies that men can't control themselves. It implies that men are creatures of base instinct and no morals.

It's a dangerous attitude that harms both females and males.