Deviant Login Shop
 Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
January 20, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 575

O RLY?...So You Think Art is NOT a Natural Talent????

:iconillastrat:
illastrat Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
...I hate to tell you but you may be wrong. Even though I was not serious about art back in the day, it is something that I have always done. I always knew I could draw. I was in the special art enrichment programs that only the best artists could be in in elementary school. Art is NOT a skill...its a talent. If you have the ability i say pursue it. If you dont, do it as a hobby but i assure you you will have a hard time trying to compete if you pursue it as a career. And for you stellar artists that think you have a skill you worked at but didn't, stop trying to placate noobs and tell them the truth. ART IS A NATURAL TALENT!

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconaoidimitri:
AoiDimitri Featured By Owner Mar 2, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Your natural talent is drawing?

PFFFFT

:iconimanartistplz:
imanartistplz Featured By Owner Mar 1, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
DICK WEED, STOP STEALING MY ART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:iconxannijn:
Xannijn Featured By Owner Mar 1, 2013  Student Filmographer
I bet art isn't your natural talent. :B
:iconkiwi-punch:
Kiwi-Punch Featured By Owner Mar 1, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Sorry, but the OP has me blocked. @illastrat: Actually, art CAN be a skill. With the right amount of studying and practice, it can BECOME a talent. What you're suggesting is that artistic ability is something you're born with; that is a bogus statement. According to Jack Hamm in my book Drawing the Head and Figure, if you can write your name, you can draw.
Xannijn Featured By Owner Mar 2, 2013  Student Filmographer
Don't worry about it ;D

Most are 90% certain that he's just some kind of troll. :nod:
:iconkiwi-punch:
Kiwi-Punch Featured By Owner Mar 2, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Indeed; I would be willing to agree, but he has artwork in his gallery. I think that leaves a 55% that he's serious about what he's saying. Either way, he is not even close to anywhere NEAR as skilled as the bastard thinks he is.
Xannijn Featured By Owner Mar 2, 2013  Student Filmographer
True, true. Said this before in one of his many other threads: his style looks like nothing more than an excuse to avoid any sort of detail and basic lighting. :shrug: I'm really not a fan.
illastrat Featured By Owner Mar 1, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
huh... funny
:icon0rg:
0rg Featured By Owner Mar 1, 2013
telling people that are new to art that it isn't a skill that can be learned and it isn't their fault they suck is more likely to placate them, actually

P.S. you're dumb and your threads are dumb
illastrat Featured By Owner Mar 1, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
lol
Add a Comment: