Deviant Login Shop  Join deviantART for FREE Take the Tour

Details

Closed to new replies
January 20, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 204

The internet: Where human decency goes to DIE!

:iconrage-o-rama:
Rage-o-rama Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
Now before you troll me and say really stupid things like, :iconyoumustbenewhereplz: :iconsaysplz: "LOL, you must be new here", just know I am perfectly aware that the internet is crass, rude, and every other negative adjective that you can think of. My question is this: WHY?? WHY DO PEOPLE FEEL THE NEED TO BE COMPLETE ASSHOLES ONLINE?! IS IT BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY'RE SO FUCKING POWERFUL BEHIND THE ANONYMITY OF A SCREEN-NAME?! It's friggin' ridiculous what people think they can get away with just because they have a supposedly "consequence free" venue to constantly harass or torture other decent people. And it's not just about bullying others, it's also about the dumbasses that post REALLY stupid shit about how they drove drunk, had crazy sex, and post other disgusting photos of their illicit activities; IT'S CALLED MODESTY AND COMMON SENSE YOU RETARDS. TRY IT SOMETIME!! Now I'm NOT saying everyone on the internet is stupid, but you have to REALLY look hard for smart people as far as my experience is concerned. If you agree with me, great. If you don't agree with me, great. This is the complaints forum after all :lol:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconfloraella:
Floraella Jan 25, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
All I can say from the title is you're pretty right.
Honestly, people troll on the internet and it's stressful on both the people, right?
It's kinda dumb.
:iconkillerfreya:
KillerFreya Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Because, unfortunately, you can't punch someone over the internet.
:iconex-cirkuu:
"IS IT BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY'RE SO FUCKING POWERFUL BEHIND THE ANONYMITY OF A SCREEN-NAME?!"

That's kinda the usual reason why people tend to act like jackasses (you asked). There's also the fact that people can't usually physically retaliate against a troll online.

On the other hand, the internet has brought out something good in some people considering some people won't fight back in real life. Anonymity goes both ways.
:iconfantasylover103:
fantasylover103 Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
The Internet's a place where you can be wild with your inner you, don't worry.

If they tell you that you're art is shit and you disagree, fight back! It's okay, they started it.
:iconblackrosekane89:
Blackrosekane89 Jan 23, 2013  Professional General Artist
I think the Internet gives people the freedom to be who they really want to be. That's why so many people make singing videos on YouTube, art on DA etc. People can live out a lot of fantasies online. I think that people use this opportunity to have the personality they really want to too without having any social consequences.

For me, I'm generally a very nice on the Internet, but I call people on their shit, especially when they're being asses. A lot more then I do in real life. :)
:iconhametsunocharge:
HametsuNoCharge Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Hey, better here than outside with a chainsaw, I tell ya. Let the crazy people have their fun.
:icontoadsanime:
Toadsanime Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Yes, because someone gently mocking or trolling someone is equal to 'torture'.
Rage-o-rama Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
Wait, I DID use the word torture :lol:. I should really edit my posts before I post them, but eh. Too little too late, but you get the idea :shrug:
:icontoadsanime:
Toadsanime Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I was really only disagreeing with you exaggerating the issue, I don't disagree that being mean for the sake of being mean is pointless.
Rage-o-rama Jan 25, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
I can understand your sentiments because of some of my word choices; I do admit that I did exaggerate my points, but people do that all the time to get their messages across more effectively. If I wrote, "I don't like it when people are mean; it's bad," on the thread, I may have been concise, but nobody wants to read something THAT boring.
Add a Comment: