Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
January 20, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 204

The internet: Where human decency goes to DIE!

:iconrage-o-rama:
Rage-o-rama Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
Now before you troll me and say really stupid things like, :iconyoumustbenewhereplz: :iconsaysplz: "LOL, you must be new here", just know I am perfectly aware that the internet is crass, rude, and every other negative adjective that you can think of. My question is this: WHY?? WHY DO PEOPLE FEEL THE NEED TO BE COMPLETE ASSHOLES ONLINE?! IS IT BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY'RE SO FUCKING POWERFUL BEHIND THE ANONYMITY OF A SCREEN-NAME?! It's friggin' ridiculous what people think they can get away with just because they have a supposedly "consequence free" venue to constantly harass or torture other decent people. And it's not just about bullying others, it's also about the dumbasses that post REALLY stupid shit about how they drove drunk, had crazy sex, and post other disgusting photos of their illicit activities; IT'S CALLED MODESTY AND COMMON SENSE YOU RETARDS. TRY IT SOMETIME!! Now I'm NOT saying everyone on the internet is stupid, but you have to REALLY look hard for smart people as far as my experience is concerned. If you agree with me, great. If you don't agree with me, great. This is the complaints forum after all :lol:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconfloraella:
Floraella Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
All I can say from the title is you're pretty right.
Honestly, people troll on the internet and it's stressful on both the people, right?
It's kinda dumb.
:iconkillerfreya:
KillerFreya Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Because, unfortunately, you can't punch someone over the internet.
:iconex-cirkuu:
ex-cirkuu Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013
"IS IT BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY'RE SO FUCKING POWERFUL BEHIND THE ANONYMITY OF A SCREEN-NAME?!"

That's kinda the usual reason why people tend to act like jackasses (you asked). There's also the fact that people can't usually physically retaliate against a troll online.

On the other hand, the internet has brought out something good in some people considering some people won't fight back in real life. Anonymity goes both ways.
:iconfantasylover103:
fantasylover103 Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
The Internet's a place where you can be wild with your inner you, don't worry.

If they tell you that you're art is shit and you disagree, fight back! It's okay, they started it.
:iconblackrosekane89:
Blackrosekane89 Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Professional General Artist
I think the Internet gives people the freedom to be who they really want to be. That's why so many people make singing videos on YouTube, art on DA etc. People can live out a lot of fantasies online. I think that people use this opportunity to have the personality they really want to too without having any social consequences.

For me, I'm generally a very nice on the Internet, but I call people on their shit, especially when they're being asses. A lot more then I do in real life. :)
:iconhametsunocharge:
HametsuNoCharge Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Hey, better here than outside with a chainsaw, I tell ya. Let the crazy people have their fun.
:icontoadsanime:
Toadsanime Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Yes, because someone gently mocking or trolling someone is equal to 'torture'.
Rage-o-rama Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
Wait, I DID use the word torture :lol:. I should really edit my posts before I post them, but eh. Too little too late, but you get the idea :shrug:
Toadsanime Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I was really only disagreeing with you exaggerating the issue, I don't disagree that being mean for the sake of being mean is pointless.
Rage-o-rama Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
I can understand your sentiments because of some of my word choices; I do admit that I did exaggerate my points, but people do that all the time to get their messages across more effectively. If I wrote, "I don't like it when people are mean; it's bad," on the thread, I may have been concise, but nobody wants to read something THAT boring.
Toadsanime Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Not entirely sure what it is that you're arguing against now when I've already told you that I agree with you.
Rage-o-rama Featured By Owner Jan 25, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
I never meant to argue :(
And I'm glad you agree :D
I never said anything about gentle mocking as being equivalent to torture; that's WAY too strong of a word to use. Water-boarding is torture. The Chinese water torture is torture. Starvation is torture. I know you're facetiously using that word, but all I am trying to say is that people are rude on the internet. By the way, what do you constitute as "gentle" mockery? Don't get me wrong because I have a great sense of humor, but I don't think being dumb and rude just for the sake of being dumb and rude is worth it at all.
:iconcommandereve:
CommanderEVE Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Student General Artist
I know what you mean. But they will never stop. I often wonder this myself.

This is why i sometimes say IRL, "Real humans are online. Not the ones you see in day to day life."
:iconbenjamin-biddix:
Benjamin-Biddix Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I knew this. Everyone who uses the internet does....
:icondabrandonsphere:
DaBrandonSphere Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
You took the words out of my mouth.
I think the thread should die already.
:iconlifh:
Lifh Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013
Trolls are just bored people who found rightous entertainment....... tormenting stupid people. ;)
:iconvideth:
Videth Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Student General Artist
I do agree with you. I know people who are in this situation.
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013
:yawn:
:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Cause they're all useless douchenozzles
:iconteheplz:
what is the definition of douchenozzles? :la:
:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I can't tell :evileye:
:iconsilverchromex:
SilverChromeX Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
You may be new to the world, but you can find this 'human indecency' by just walking down a crowded street or accidentally cutting someone off on the road.
Flagged as Spam
SilverChromeX Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I think I see a crack. You should get that checked out.
Rage-o-rama Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
Oh, I'm perfectly aware of that of course, but it is so much easier to find assholes online than in the real world for some reason.
SilverChromeX Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Huh. I've been pondering this and I find it strange that people tend to be more like assholes online, yet at the same time, online chatting makes you feel twice as close to someone. You are more likely to share and tell things to someone online than you are in person. Not everyone, but most.
:iconblackrosekane89:
Blackrosekane89 Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Professional General Artist
Both things are true because the Internet gives you a disconnected feel with the other person. That same disconnect that make somebody comfortable enough to be an asshole gives them the same cushion to open up.
Thank you for FINALLY giving a legitimate query, even though this forum started off as half a joke just to see how many people like to troll things. And you're right in your last statement; I think people are more confident when they're anonymous nowadays because all of the social media has been computerized.
SilverChromeX Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
The internet is a place for me to be able to better communicate with people. Aside from my own low self-esteem, cowardice, and social awkwardness - I can communicate more efficiently. I have a narrow throat and allergies, so my voice cracks so much when I talk. When I get excited and talk about something, people think I'm on the verge of faint because it sounds as though I'm losing my breath. That doesn't stop me at times for being blunt and giving my opinion. Of course, I don't have that great amount of confidence, and I've had a lot of obnoxious people who I thought would be able to step over me so easily because they showed a confident, egotistic stance as though they knew all that was right, while I knew all that was wrong.

However, it's easier to give and receive the wrong impressions online. There's no grant of empathy because you have no means to understand how the person feels. Generally, people have used empathy and other means to better respond to someone. Online, you could say one wrong word to someone, and you have created a bad reputation with yourself with that person. Truly a hard obstacle when working online.

Though I feel that online sales and online transactions are a bit safer. I work at Walmart as a cashier (I'm going to try to move to stocking) and there's nothing I can do about what the customers do, especially with the other customers. I've had customers assume they could complain about other customers...and management could do something about it (how...?).

Of course, people will fear being scammed or charged more than once. There are mix ups at times and someone gets more than they ordered or less than they ordered. Then again, people refuse to understand technology isn't perfect, and assuming I'm trying to charge you twice...I get nothing out of it, your card doesn't charge unless there's a contract of that transaction...

Also, relationships aren't that secure over the internet. They are in the moment and either person could disappear forever.
Your last statement is SO true, and you're right about the lack of empathy online due to the fact that nobody can ACTUALLY hear my real speaking voice. People have been calling me an asshole and this that and the other because of the things I've typed; it really does depend on HOW the other person reads what you are trying to say in their head. If I say, "Dude, please calm down," online, this could be misconstrued as ANYTHING, ranging from "I don't want to start any arguments" to "WTF man?! Your opinion is BS and TOTALLY WRONG. Ima fight you for it." Unfortunately, most people seem to read it in the latter negative tone because it seems to be what they want to hear so they can justify their own crude behavior.
:iconkitsumekat:
kitsumekat Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013
No one in the world is decent. Also, why should I be nice? You or anyone has not earned it.
So if I just went on your profile and called all of your art "useless shit", you'd probably have issues with me. Why should I be nice to you? You didn't EARN it from me. However, I'm not going to do anything like that; it's not worth the trouble and it's a lose-lose situation. Nobody can possibly EARN the politeness of other people; it is a gift to be given often and will in return be given back to you.
:iconkitsumekat:
kitsumekat Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013
I wouldn't give a fuck if you did say that.
:iconkinrift:
Kinrift Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013
Because watching people get mad on the internet is fucking hilarious. If people take the internet seriously, it's their problem. :lol:
:iconelmida:
Elmida Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013
Last week I had a poop stuck in my butt and I had to scoop it out with a piece of paper. It hurt like hell.
Details?:icongo-on-plz:
:iconelmida:
Elmida Featured By Owner Jan 24, 2013
It hurt. A lot. I cried.
:iconrockygems:
RockyGems Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Student General Artist
Yikes! If that happens again, have a q-tip handy.
:iconkendrubbin:
Kendrubbin Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Student Photographer
The Enter button is a nice way to make neat paragraphs, I'm not reading that.
Oops, my computer is being dumb; I tried to tab the paragraph so it would be easier to read, but go figure: there's a glitch that won't let you do that here
Sorry if it's difficult to read.
:iconkendrubbin:
Kendrubbin Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Student Photographer
My precious eyes can't withstand this. You have blinded me, you monster!

Also yes, people are a lot more opinionated if they're anonymous.
There is a difference between being opinionated and being rude though :shrug:
Now before you troll me and say really stupid things like, "LOL, you must be new here", just know I am perfectly aware that the internet is crass, rude, and every other negative adjective that you can think of. My question is this: WHY?? WHY DO PEOPLE FEEL THE NEED TO BE COMPLETE ASSHOLES ONLINE?! IS IT BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY'RE SO FUCKING POWERFUL BEHIND THE ANONYMITY OF A SCREEN-NAME?! It's friggin' ridiculous what people think they can get away with just because they have a supposedly "consequence free" venue to constantly harass or torture other decent people. And it's not just about bullying others, it's also about the dumbasses that post REALLY stupid shit about how they drove drunk, had crazy sex, and post other disgusting photos of their illicit activities; IT'S CALLED MODESTY AND COMMON SENSE YOU RETARDS. TRY IT SOMETIME!! Now I'm NOT saying everyone on the internet is stupid, but you have to REALLY look hard for smart people as far as my experience is concerned. If you agree with me, great. If you don't agree with me, great. This is the complaints forum after all
Oops, my computer is being dumb; I tried to tab the paragraph so it would be easier to read, but go figure: there's a glitch that won't let you do that here :shrug:
Sorry if it's difficult to read.
:iconirononiji:
iroNoNiji Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I saw the title of the the thread and had typed :iconyoumustbenewhereplz: before I read your thread.
:iconiheartwaffies:
IheartWaffies Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013   General Artist
If you know the people of the complaints forum are rude to you, then why do you post here? It's like you want to be bullied on the internet.

Plus, if you don't fuck with the people that you know are rude to you I think that you'll probably get some friends. Probably. Check out the CHAT, there are some pretty nice people over there.
Add a Comment: