Wow, people get but hurt over stupid things.

I don't expect anyone to really care and this is mainly typed out for myself as a rant. xD

So I made the account name "Fluttertail" on DA and (yes I'm fully aware there's a species named Fluttertail) and I put out a disclaimer on my home page saying I wasn't the creator.

Well wouldn't you know I watch one person and then all of a sudden I have the owner of the species in my page telling me I can't have the name Fluttertail or Fluttersaur (I got permission from them for this species like.. right before they posted on my DA).

They asked me to create a new account or change my name. I refused. Fluttertails have been around long enough for the name to have been already taken. So she tries to get me to accept a premium membership to change the name. Again I said no because I could never get it back according to DA.

The account was made for the sole purpose of watching people and housing my ADOPTED fluttertails on that I would be getting from the species owner. I didn't intend to claim her species or anything.

Well then she accuses someone else of being me, and on top of that after mucking up my page instead of noting me she wants me to stop talking to her and will most likely refuse me a fluttertail because I have this name on DA.

A) There's people out there with names like ~Flutterbutt which is a spinoff name of the species and ~flutterwing

B) Someone on neopets has the name Fluttertail and has been active since 2009 so you didn't come up with it first

C) I offered to turn Fluttertail into a warriors character instead so it wouldn't associate with your species and you get butt hurt and say thanks for causing you grief.

D) If you didn't want anyone to have the name then why didn't you make it yourself. It was still available all this time.

So you're going to deny someone communication because you're butt hurt about someone having the name fluttertail on DA.

I wasn't gonna post or use the account except watch people but since you wanna be a butt hurt about it, I think I will use my account to post and load deviations.
Comments315
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
If someone named their account after one of my characters, I'd think they were my new #1 fan :iconblushplz:
Someone who likes fishing could've taken the name too since it was already the name of a fishing lure. :P [link]
It's just a username.
This person needs to grow the hell up.

If something is made public, expect someone to draw the species or use the name.
If not using the exact name - a pretty damn similar one. That's just how it is.

And Fluttertail isn't exactly a hard to think of name, y'know?
Reminds me of a bird or something. They flutter and they have tails.

So even if they had no idea about the species, someone would have probably took the name.
They need to calm down. o n o
Hmm. I don't see Nintendo / Pokemon accusing =pikachu of stealing their name. Same with ~dragonite or ~Squirtle. That person's stupid. Ignore her.
I shall.
I've already blocked her because she was spamming my page instead of noting me and then she threatened to block me when I sent her a note instead, and I wasn't mean in mine.

She denied me an adopt of her species for the sole purpose of because I have the name Fluttertail on DA xD and for the fact that I made this board. Well I needed opinions and I never mentioned her name or linked her here, some moron (the idiot with the Treeko iocn) posted on my page and told her just to start shit.
Also, you can't copyright a name for something like that. You can trademark it, but that's about all you can do.
That's just it though. She has neither and refuses to give me proof. So she doesn't own the species (she only created it) and she doesn't own the rights to the name either (she just calls them that).
Technically, the moment you make your art into any form of artistic media, it is automatically copyrighted to you. If it's a species she created, then to the best of my knowledge, yes, it is indeed copyrighted to her. She can call them whatever she wants, but she can't be throwing tantrums because someone made a username that just so happens to be the name of her species. Like I said, she can trademark her little species name, but that's about it.

Personally, 'fluttertail' makes me want to create some critter with butt wings now. I will call it... THE FLYING BOOTY.
You mean like my icon?
I had to state it wasn't a Fluttertail though in order to keep her from biting my head off for 'stealing her species' even though it's just a splice.

I think I'm going to put butt wings on a pokemon too for the hell of it. xD
I'm gonna put booty wings on a diglett :icondragoninsane:
Do it xD
I gotta see this.
OH GOD, I found the best image of a Dugtrio using Slash, only it was bitch slapping the other Pokemon :'D
Honestly, I thought your name was a spin off of "Fluttershy" from My Little Pony.
"B) Someone on neopets has the name Fluttertail and has been active since 2009 so you didn't come up with it first"

"B) Someone on neopets has the name Fluttertail and has been active since 2009"

"B) Someone on neopets has the name Fluttertail"

"B) Someone on neopets"

"on neopets"

"neopets..."

What.

neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets neopets
I can see what you mean, I hate those >< There are so many people out there who can also think of the same damn username and wtf ._. why does that creator not use that name to begin with :no: if its so popular she should just change it before... um well before you came about...?

idk some people are just idiots who think too much of these stuff. I mean I have an OC called Orion and no one goes about and tell me that that name belong to so-and-so :stare:
She's telling people she has copyrights to this "species" as well but it's only a splice, and she won't show proof of copyright either. I've asked many times for proof of ownership and nada.
Hmm... Maybe its not a company thing and she started it like those rp groups you see here?
Maybe.
Either way she shouldn't be going nuts over it.
I would agree, I actually would feel a bit upset but brush it off :L
Maybe make an account for that species >_> before others :shrug:
I didn't read this because it was done in that ridiculous sub text.
Well if I made a species and someone else used the name of it, I'd be flipping out too.

Sure, you can create an account for fluttertails or whatever, but at least name it something like "fluttertail_huioeawfd" or something. Taking the name of a species someone else created is a kind of jerk move. Not illegal, but jerk-like.