Not another Eragon post!

Ok, gents!

After the full Inheritance Cycle (though I tend to say circle for some reason or another :> ) has been released, after thousands of pages written (wasted), after countless shelves with the colorful blue-red-black-green (black is not a colour!) book spines and glossy eyed, fairly similar representations of generic dragons with insect antennae of which the only good thing of the book was the smell of freshly printed paper and after YOU, my fellows, have (or have not) passed adolescence...

What are your current, up to date clear-minded opinions about Christopher Paolini's one in a million dumb luck success monster?
Comments210
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
serves you right for expecting something from youth literature

were you also disappointed by "everybody poops"?
"Everybody poops"... you know the only thing that comes to mind when I read that is this: [link] < same name. And no I actually like the parody more than the original ^_^
The Eragon books are shit, and should be treated as toilet tissue. If I see Mr. Paolini in person, I will fucking stab is fucking eyeballs out with an icicle.
One can show anger towards something not particularly using swear words ;P

Also, how could you keep that icicle cold if you would be boiling of rage? :confused:
Simple. My heart is as cold as the icicle.
I used to like this series, but can I plead 8-11 years old?

Also character is vegetarian but doesn't care about killing thousands of people...?
It's the same kind of funny with super-duper Goody-Two-Shoes-heroes, who are supposed to represent the force of light and good but end up blasting up hundreds if not thousands of people (Luke Skywalker, I'm looking at you). But it's okay because they were part of the force of evul and we didn't know any of their names anyway. :nod:
But didn't luke skywalker kill clones?
Not everyone who worked aboard of the Death Star was a clone, it's very obvious in the movie. Clones only served as a military force, the executive decisions and maintenance were done by normal people.
Never actually watched the original =P
That's called "Hypocrisy" :icondummydanceplz:
I struggled through the first book because it was sooo boring. I then decided to give the second one a try and gave up half way through. Boring characters, boring plot, boring everything.
Only read one book. It was okay, not the best.
never read it but I like the book cover :giggle:
You know, my sister thinks the same thing. She was enthusiastic when she got the books home from the library but because they were pretty and one of them was new and smelled great xD
yah, that's why real books will always be better than kindle ones: DAT SMELL XD
I am reading the last book now (fourth), and boy let me tell you.
It is awful. :lol:

I'm trying to understand why i bought it in the first place.. :stare:
It's too weak for the money spent.
Why not go on the site GoodReads and find a great fantasy trilogy/cycle there are many out there :D
:dummy: Thank you for the suggestion, i think i'll buy me some books at the end of this month!
By the way, you might like this: [link]

Well, if you haven't seen it already.
I saw it the very year it came out :/ And yesterday I saw a review on Youtube about it, in 3 parts, so it summarized the movie quite nough to make me realize that I hate it!
I prefer Middle Earth or Narnia, thanks ;P
They do make a good point though, it really DID feel like a starwars ripoff.