No watchers :(

I am sick of this place. No one understands my work enough to even watch me. Some people have hundreds of watchers and I haven't even got one.

Is there something wrong with my work or should I just give it more time?
Comments171
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Be patient. If you really want to get watchers why not submit your stuff to groups?
You can't just expect to get watchers right away. You gotta pour more effort into your work to get the attention you're asking for and not bitch about it.
youve only been here for a week
This dude is obviously a troll.
You're obviously a talented one. I like you already. I could give you a watch, but I'm too impatient to even take a look on +Watch button, on your profile page. Sorry, I need to get going. Cheers!
Lol, you just joined this week. Troll. :stare:
Whether you're a real troll or an internet-naive person, I'll give you some attention which is possibly TL;DR to you. Don't worry, I'll know if you TL;DR-ed by your reply, if you do.

You can't expect watchers to look at your profile the moment you make an account. You must make yourself known, make a reputation and frankly, a complaint thread such as this is giving me the impression you are impatient, full of yourself and someone who doesn't really want to work hard for something he wants (I've seen your gallery). Is that the kind of reputation you want? Maybe you're even 13 but that's speculation already. When I first came to dA, I didn't wade in the forums much and after 2 years, I saw there was a forum for the purpose of welcoming new deviants. Have you swung by that place yet? Maybe you should so people will know you exist and welcome you appropriately. Maybe some people will even be your watchers.

The one thing I see wrong with your 'works,' if you call them that, is because it's not referencing international popculture (or at least the popculture that is known by about 90% of dA users). Attempt to dabble in popular fandoms because that's an easy way to get the attention of a certain audience. If making 9gag/4chan reference posters is your thing, use more known fandoms and characters.

You should definitely give it more time. If you don't upload any more works, you should learn to wait until you die. Why, you might ask? "I don't understand" you might say. Well, tell me, do you like watching a statue for so many years, waiting and hoping to see it move but you know it won't? That's what I mean. You have to be active. Watchers watch other people because they wait on new works by these people. Upload more of your works, share thumbnails in the thumbshare forums, ask people for critique, join contests, hold contests, etc. BE ACTIVE. That will get you watchers.

I promise, if you hold a raffle for 100 points or something like that, and have a requirement that people should watch you, you'll have about 10-15 watchers within 24 hours.

TL;DR
Do more stuff here, make yourself known. If you're still impatient in the next 5 minutes after attempting to read this, deactivate your dA account, make a 9gag/4chan/tumblr account and wallow in your temporary fame there.
I am not here for fame. I seek artistic recognition. I think my works are unique.
I'm sorry for sounding abrasive. It got me mildly annoyed that you're a new member and are sick of not having enough watchers.

I should've realized that I was like that once. After a while, I realized that I shouldn't my breath about it (meaning to say, when I started not to expect watchers and just focused on improving my work because I thought that I would get noticed if I improve myself more or upload more of my stuff). When I finally did get watchers, I knew they were legitimately watching me for my work and not because I was popular (and 1/4 of them are people I know and have interacted with IRL so, haha that helps too).

Remember: Watchers have the option of calling you their friend too. So be the friend you'd like to have. :shamrock:
:lol: He's a troll.
I have to disagree. His work has a certain resonance.
Exactly like yours. :pat:
Screw that Mollinson idiot. I just checked his page. He's a troll :lol:
View all replies
Please define what "artistic recognition" is for you.

From what I know, and this is just based on elective-type classes I've taken in University on art studies and art appreciation, for something to be considered art, you need the interaction of three things:
1. art community
2. the artist
3. the academe/governing body over art theory

1. dA can suffice for this
2. That's you and your work which has to involve the community (theme, medium, collaboration, etc.) but be approved by the academe and be allowed to be displayed
3. This, I think, is fairly lacking here on dA. dA isn't a formal gallery. I apologize for not researching beforehand if the dA admin has a few academics but if they simply allow the categorization to be academic enough, then dA isn't a fully-fledged gallery. Heck, people upload pencil drawings and artdumps here and not put it in the scraps category (myself included). This is at most an informal gallery.

:twocents:-time
I don't think you'll get artistic recognition with 9gag-type typography. Witty, sure. Funny, maybe. In terms of skill and execution you can seriously do better.
Plus you can get watchers in your 1st day, IF you know how!
Well 1st of all you get watchers by posting some stuff that are actually worth watchiong. Sorry to discourage you but Photoshop manipulations of the same picture (that I don't believe is even yours) will not bring you watchers.

Want an advice try to make some pixel art stuff, it's not rocket science.
THIS!

Dear Thread-Maker, please read this:
Pixel art is a good idea. It takes time but it can get you places. Art is not about producing something in under 1 minute or meeting an imaginary demand. You can take as long as you need to BUT you need to effectively show that you've put effort into it. Also, it's fun to watch deviants who improve over time. You can really appreciate their improvement.

That or make fan art.
All I am saying is:
:iconlolmemeplz: + :iconsrslymemeplz:
lol just said this today
DO LOTS OFF STUFF!! dont just draw!! make TORNS of drawings and other things like paintings, animation and photography
widden your audience
that's what I do and thats how im where i am!
You seem reasonably talented. Keep it up. I see a lot of myself in your work.