Have no girlfriend :(

I'm 18 and I still don't have a girlfriend! :( There are also no girls in my direct surroundings whom I'd like to be my girlfriend who are also not taken yet.
Comments192
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
18 no boyfriend. Not really a problem, things normally happen when you least expect it.
You're only 18, that's still young.
rosy palms will never let you down :lol:
I'm 18 and I don't have a boyfriend :P Your time will come eventually.
If you don't have a girlfriend yet then you probably just haven't met the right girl. I'm 18 and have never had a boyfriend. I don't feel bad about it. I don't need a dude to validate me, and I'm not going to waste my time on a guy who I don't really care about just to get other people's approval. Same should go for you. You're perfectly fine on your own. Do the shit you like to do, be happy, and eventually the right girl will come along and things will click.

Just don't, whatever you do, be desperate, creepy, or try to hard. Contrary to what romantic movies would like you to believe, stalkers/overly obsessed guys are not attractive.
You'll find someone soon ^^
Unlike some folks have told you, you can have a serious relationship at 18 and being faithful and making it work, some people are able to, some are not. The relationships can get in the middle of your projects or not, depends how you handle the situation. Of course, it requires maturity, but is not the first time I know somebody who got married to the boyfriend or girlfriend they dated in the teen years and are happy now.

But again, you do not "need" a girlfriend. Eventually you will get one, but forcing it only will make you look desperate and scare possible "girlfriends to be". I do not say you are desperate, but it can look like that if you go "in hunting mode".
thanks man, 'bout the only normal comment I've had on this :P
Lol!. Woman, lol, my icon is misleading, but yes, you do not need to stress out for this. The more relaxed you look, the easier it is
You're still young, practically your whole life ahead of you.
get off the internet
Become an interesting/attractive person! :la:
That's rude of you :/
Hey! Guys! Look! It's the internet police! :lol:
You don't get it do you? See my comment to the other one who nit picked.

"Who thought Nicepeter raped better?!"
Hey, you're not the OP, why do you care? Besides, it's true. If he was an interesting or attractive person it would be easy to get a girlfriend. If he already is, then he's just too picky.
I care because I'm in the same shoes as him, but regarding boyfriends. Saying "Become Interesting/attractive!" is ultimately an insult to dignity. People should not have to change in order to find the right people. It's like in a faulty relationship with your parents: You want them to change, but you are perfect! You need nothing to change! That isn't true, because ultimately not only one side in the parent-child relationship is at fault; each side has its own faults.

I am sure girls would swoon over this boy if their own standards and opinions about themselves being too good for him would change. He is 18. I am sure that by this time he has made a heck of a lot of changes to his life in order to encourage his success in finding the girl he would like, but the girl he would like may be in the category of "too perfect for you". Point of the matter: people are faulty on both sides, not on just one.
Embrace that and realize you are not the height of all things mighty and that maybe in the lowest slumps there are people like this fellow here that have a tough time getting a girlfriend, which ultimately is an outburst for his need to be loved. Everyone deserves that, but society enforces some incredibly stupid rules and limits, especially towards introverts.
True, I suppose, though the way he worded his post makes me think that he is being overly picky. Desperate for a girlfriend, but won't settle for anything less than a perfect one, and perfect people don't exist.
Not to mention, he sounds like your stereotypical Nice Guy. "Wah I don't have a girlfriend. The universe owes me a girlfriend, because I'm so nice."

True there are people on both sides who are faulty, but you can change then so you're never going to get anywhere without actively doing something about it on your side, for instance, making an attempt to be more sociable.
What are you going to do? Kill yourself?
Seriously, I have heard of a person who said he was going to kill himself because he can't find a girlfriend. :facepalm:
wow thats insane D:
The solution is pretty simple: you're trying far too much.
tfw no qt3.14 gf