Closed to new replies
January 17, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 54

How to respond...?

:iconrandomrobskii:
RandomRobskii Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Student Filmographer
Obligatory complaint so this doesn't get moved just in case: my bread yesterday was crap and it fell apart from my bacon sandwich.

Anyway, on to what I needed to talk about relates back to my phone again. This time, it's not so much of a problem with Anna Lum, my ex texted me yesterday. Now, for all that don't know, my ex is/was highly manipulative and pretty much kept me under his thumb with the threat of suicide. Kept using 'depression' as an excuse to get me to do x and y. Had me housebound, so I never really ventured out to where he lived etc. The kind of guy that made sure where I was every second of the day - and if, god forbid, I didn't have my phone with me, I'd go back to it with 25 missed phonecalls, you get the picture. There was a pretty long list of things I wasn't allowed to do, too. Down to the trivial of not dyeing my hair, to the pretty bad 'not having a job', which could've royally messed up my future when employers see I've been doing nothing for x amount of time.
I suppose that's complaintsy enough, right? Right.
It was pretty messed up and I was getting to the point where if he pulled the suicide card, I'd quite gladly hand him the rope so I said enough was enough and cut off all contact with him, and that was about maybe a year and a half ago? Heh, he even gave me conditions of breaking up.

Anyway, yesterday night he sends me this in a text:

"I know it's a long time ago, but I want to apologise for all the wrong I did to you. I hope you're still chasing and achieving your dreams."

I'm over everything he put me through and everything, but what do I respond with?

I'm inclined to text back nothing, while my boyfriend has suggested 'thanks for the fire-red', 'die', or 'that's great, but who is this?'.
It would be quite amusing on my part to reply as Anna.

Anyway, suggestions, everyone? I don't know what to do! :noes:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkoyukuk:
Koyukuk Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
:iconpatrickplz:Pretend to be somebody else!
:icondinysrawr:
dinysrawr Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Student Digital Artist
'Uhmm... I think you've got the wrong number. I got this phone from an estate sale of this deceased chick. Awkward.'
:iconjuliabohemian:
Juliabohemian Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Professional Photographer
I have to say before I go...that I want you to know...I found a reason for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee to change who I used to beeeeeeeeeeee :sing:

But seriously, this sounds like an attempt to pull you in again. Don't fall for it.
RandomRobskii Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Student Filmographer
Yeah. I can't help but feel if I respond, he'll come back with a "my x died, and my cat ran away. I'm lonely and unlooooovvvveeeedddddddd (hint-hint)"
:iconaviscelox:
AvisCelox Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
If you truly have to say something, "That's great, but who is this?"

It would be funny and you could always block him right after anyways.

But saying nothing would probably be the wiser option.
:iconemopizza:
EmoPizza Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013   Traditional Artist
NONONONONONONONONONO DO NOT REPLY. If you are curious about him, ask his mom discreetly, as you said she was a lovely person. But do not open up any line of communication with an abusive, controlling asshole like he sounds like.
:icongreeneyedyoshika:
GreenEyedYoshika Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Don't text him back. He'll just use the text as a reason to get in your business again.
:iconskeletalgrin:
skeletalgrin Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
Ha... Uh... I sent the same kind of text to an ex once xD He means good, even if he can't do much good himself :)
RandomRobskii Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Student Filmographer
How did it turn out for you?
:iconskeletalgrin:
skeletalgrin Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
She never replied, which is the best thing, since she flipping flipped at the end of our relationship.

*I've never used being sad as a way to keep a girlfriend though*
Add a Comment: