Closed to new replies
January 17, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 54

How to respond...?

:iconrandomrobskii:
RandomRobskii Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Student Filmographer
Obligatory complaint so this doesn't get moved just in case: my bread yesterday was crap and it fell apart from my bacon sandwich.

Anyway, on to what I needed to talk about relates back to my phone again. This time, it's not so much of a problem with Anna Lum, my ex texted me yesterday. Now, for all that don't know, my ex is/was highly manipulative and pretty much kept me under his thumb with the threat of suicide. Kept using 'depression' as an excuse to get me to do x and y. Had me housebound, so I never really ventured out to where he lived etc. The kind of guy that made sure where I was every second of the day - and if, god forbid, I didn't have my phone with me, I'd go back to it with 25 missed phonecalls, you get the picture. There was a pretty long list of things I wasn't allowed to do, too. Down to the trivial of not dyeing my hair, to the pretty bad 'not having a job', which could've royally messed up my future when employers see I've been doing nothing for x amount of time.
I suppose that's complaintsy enough, right? Right.
It was pretty messed up and I was getting to the point where if he pulled the suicide card, I'd quite gladly hand him the rope so I said enough was enough and cut off all contact with him, and that was about maybe a year and a half ago? Heh, he even gave me conditions of breaking up.

Anyway, yesterday night he sends me this in a text:

"I know it's a long time ago, but I want to apologise for all the wrong I did to you. I hope you're still chasing and achieving your dreams."

I'm over everything he put me through and everything, but what do I respond with?

I'm inclined to text back nothing, while my boyfriend has suggested 'thanks for the fire-red', 'die', or 'that's great, but who is this?'.
It would be quite amusing on my part to reply as Anna.

Anyway, suggestions, everyone? I don't know what to do! :noes:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkoyukuk:
Koyukuk Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist
:iconpatrickplz:Pretend to be somebody else!
:icondinysrawr:
dinysrawr Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Student Digital Artist
'Uhmm... I think you've got the wrong number. I got this phone from an estate sale of this deceased chick. Awkward.'
:iconjuliabohemian:
Juliabohemian Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
I have to say before I go...that I want you to know...I found a reason for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee to change who I used to beeeeeeeeeeee :sing:

But seriously, this sounds like an attempt to pull you in again. Don't fall for it.
RandomRobskii Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Student Filmographer
Yeah. I can't help but feel if I respond, he'll come back with a "my x died, and my cat ran away. I'm lonely and unlooooovvvveeeedddddddd (hint-hint)"
:iconaviscelox:
AvisCelox Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
If you truly have to say something, "That's great, but who is this?"

It would be funny and you could always block him right after anyways.

But saying nothing would probably be the wiser option.
:iconemopizza:
EmoPizza Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013   Traditional Artist
NONONONONONONONONONO DO NOT REPLY. If you are curious about him, ask his mom discreetly, as you said she was a lovely person. But do not open up any line of communication with an abusive, controlling asshole like he sounds like.
:icongreeneyedyoshika:
GreenEyedYoshika Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Don't text him back. He'll just use the text as a reason to get in your business again.
:iconskeletalgrin:
skeletalgrin Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
Ha... Uh... I sent the same kind of text to an ex once xD He means good, even if he can't do much good himself :)
How did it turn out for you?
skeletalgrin Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
She never replied, which is the best thing, since she flipping flipped at the end of our relationship.

*I've never used being sad as a way to keep a girlfriend though*
So did I, to be fair. About a month after we seperated, he constantly kept acting like I was still his girlfriend, and I wound up calling him a few choice words after he kept wondering why I was ignoring him. The most awkward thing that happened was when he ended a phone call with "I love you". I pretty much kept silent for a good thirty seconds before he said "aren't you going to say it back?"

Like hell am I going to. :grump:
skeletalgrin Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Hobbyist Artist
Okay, he seems pretty darn disillusioned. But mine didn't quite happen like that, although there was lack of communication. Just don't respond, bubba!
That happened in like, the first week of breaking up.
Either way, I think it's probably a really good call to just ignore the text. Cheers. ^^
:iconbenjamin-biddix:
Benjamin-Biddix Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
The words bacon and crap being in the same sentence is upsetting. :noes:
It was the bread! The bread, I say! What kind of bacon sandwich has bread that just splits in half, so when you go to pick it up, you just grab bacon? :iconcryforeverplz:
:iconbenjamin-biddix:
Benjamin-Biddix Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
:noes: What's wrong with only grabbing the bacon then!?
But that defeats the point of a sandwich!
:iconpokey-bunny:
Pokey-Bunny Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I vote for not responding. It's a bad idea to say a word to him.
:iconvi0letdreamer:
vi0letdreamer Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Student Photographer
link him to this [link]
:lol:!
:iconshininginthedarkness:
I bet he suckered someone else into a relationship, and THEY just broke up with him because of all the crazy, so now he's looking back to you. Ick!
Ehh, and that's why I'm contemplating responding! I'm too nosey for my own good. I don't know why after a year and a half he'd have a heel-face turn. The last time we spoke, I called him a few colourful names, and acted like nothing he did was wrong and all of my actions (the things I went without or did because he wanted me to) were because I wanted to, and not because he forced me through his actions.
It's fun to imagine, but I don't think contacting him is worth it.
Besides, can you really trust what he says anyway? He'll probably have some sob story or other.
True, true. The general consensus is that I just let it go and completely ignore it, so I think I'll go with that. God forbid I end up getting into a situation I could have easily avoided.
Good show!
:iconatlantech:
Atlantech Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
an ex of mine contacted me a few months ago. I said nothing, the best response is no response.
I think it's a good idea. Although, I really can't help but be curious about what happened after we went our seperate ways.
:iconatlantech:
Atlantech Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
curiosity often kills the cat you know. In your case, if you give him an inch, he'll take a mile.
:iconsonic411:
sonic411 Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Student Digital Artist
gooooood damn people are creepy
:l
i vote the no reply suggestion XD
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
Don't reply, block him.
:iconsvataben:
Svataben Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I agree with witwitch: Do not reply.
You owe him nothing, and he might even be lining up to suck you into that horrible situation again.

Don't respond. He doesn't deserve to exist to you.
:iconk-koji:
K-Koji Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
He's trying to hook you back into communicating with him. He's looking for an opening to start contact with you again.

Don't respond and block him from your phone.
That's what I'm thinking. I don't want to cause trouble, and I definately don't want him in my life. Although, I can't help but be curious about what he's up to now, and whether everything went south after he realised I wasn't going to deal with his crap.
It's fine to be curious, but be silently curious and don't text back :XD: .

I've been there in a way with someone once. It's never a good thing to open the lines of communication again. If he's sorry and says he's changed, that's just classic ( they all claim to have changed) - if it's actually true, then huzzah for him. He can be a changed man for the next poor sap to cross his path.
Yeah, I think that's probably a good idea to just delete the text and go on as normal.

What happened with you, anyway? :noes:
I ended up being like, hardcore stalked. The dood went nuts and started phoning me 40-50 times a day- usually between the hours of 6pm - 4am. I'd turn my phone off and when I turned it back on there would be 25 messages he left of him screaming hysterically at me.

and then it got ugly.

I'm sure you're not at that point, but now when anyone starts phoning more than twice a day unless they're my Mom; just no. *twitch*
Oh dear god. In that case, I think I'll definately pass on the text him back.
:iconxcetera:
Xcetera Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Professional Photographer
Do. Not. Reply.
:iconkorukikonaru:
KorukiKonaru Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
I dunno, if I were me I'd probably reply back with something positive, like: "Thanks, hope things are working out well for you too". But seeing as I've never been in a romantic relationship and therefore don't have an ex, I can't really comment.
:iconpakaku:
Pakaku Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
Thread hijacking: I need breakfast suggestions. Because lately every day I wake up, milk has magically started to taste sharp and rancid, for whatever reason. I tested a fresh carton and it still tasted off. And I'm getting tired of pumpkin-seed-butter & jelly sandwiches (which if you must know, tastes exactly like PBJ, but the butter looks a bit greener)
I'm messing around with bran muffins, they can be frozen, so you can make a bunch in advance and then thaw them out the night before.

Also, maybe try some like.. soy milk or rice milk or whatever.
:iconkrylanna:
Krylanna Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
Almond milk! Assuming you're not allergic to almonds, it's like the best stuff ever. No soy aftertaste, no milk-pus aftertaste.

Breakfast tacos are good too, you cook a big batch on the weekends, wrap them up and freeze up to a month.
:iconsabhira:
Sabhira Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
A cup of greek yogurt is my usual breakfast.
:iconpuzzledheartbox:
PuzzledHeartBox Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
I rarely ever have breakfast :shrug:
Huh, have you tried poured yoghurt? Some people use it as a substitute for milk with cereal. Also, what about adding some Philadelphia cheese to the sandwiches?

Anyways, there's my solution to your problem, have you got one for me? :la:
:icondivine--apathia:
divine--apathia Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Boiled eggs? leftovers? scrambled eggs? toast and vegemite?
:iconcherylblanche:
CherylBlanche Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
Omelette with cheese and ham and a salad?
:iconprosaix:
prosaix Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
Back to the HWL hellhole.
But that's why I posted it here, HWL sucks raging donkey dick. I don't want asspats, just a solution. Besides, there's the bread complaint there just in case. :nod:

What would you respond with, if it was you?
:iconprosaix:
prosaix Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
Well maybe it'd get moved because it doesn't belong here.
Add a Comment: