Closed to new replies
January 16, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 284

christian nation

:iconwquon:
wquon Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
it infuriates me to no end to see ppl of America ignorant of lead away by main society to think & rationalize the way they do. its a christian nation deal with it its a republic not a democracy. if you dont believe me read the US constitution, say the pledge of allegiance, read the state constitutions starting with the one you live in at least, look up & read ALL not just 1 sentence of what the founding fathers laid foundations to by their autobiographies, the letters they wrote to each other & also concerned people, the school books the wrote & their ideals & journals. get involved in your community get the politicians out & the statesmen in, & if you one of those ppl that want every1 to show you where the proof is LOOK IT UP ON YOUR OWN, most of the ppl ive talked to who r like that seem to not believe anything you say to the no matter how you explain it... it would be like trying to tell them theyre on fire & they would rather debate you instead of fixing the prob. also if your foreign & a nay sayer against America, why dont you stick to running your own country - no offense. theres so many other topics idk where to begin just tryin to find like minded patriots

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconjoebostonphotography:
JoeBostonPhotography Featured By Owner Feb 13, 2013  Professional Photographer
Sadly, because of people like you, "American Patriot" is now a synonym for "Stupid asshole".

I'm ashamed you live on the same landmass.
:iconwingedwolfdog:
wingedwolfdog Featured By Owner Feb 8, 2013  Student General Artist
ART WHORE!

:iconmajatek:
Majatek Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
It infuriates me to no end to see people misspell "people" as "ppl".
:iconplaceusernamehere:
placeusernamehere Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013
It's not a Christian nation. It's a do-whatever-the-fuck-you want nation and I like it that way. I shall form a cult to demonstrate. HAIL THE GREAT RHINO!
Also, we're not a concrete republic. It's a dominant-party presidential system, democracy, yes, republic, federation...
Now, the education system wants to one more lather-rinse-repeat cycle with you first.
:iconstripedpower:
StripedPower Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013   Digital Artist
That's so annoying to read. Write your stuff properly, PLEASE. :stare:
:icontoadsanime:
Toadsanime Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I find it hard to take claims of ignorance seriously when the protester is typin lik dis.
:iconleucisticcrow:
LeucisticCrow Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
So many things to nitpick...

First of all, :icontextwallplz:. Break up your points a bit.

Second, you need to improve your grammar, spelling, and punctuation, and avoid using chatspeak when you write a thread. People frown upon that.

Third, this topic is really better suited for religion and politics. People get a little bit too vicious on this forum to discuss touchy subjects like that.

Fourth, have YOU read all of those documents yourself, looked up the history behind them, and drawn your own conclusions from said studying? Or are you just repeating back something that someone else told you, even if it's somebody that you believe to be highly intelligent?

Don't get me wrong, I consider myself to be quite the patriot. However, I don't think we are like-minded patriots because, frankly, you just embarrassed me greatly by posting this. Things like this are reasons why patriots aren't the object of much respect nowadays.
:icontorahsylphwind:
TorahSylphwind Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
One thing people seem to rarely, if ever, mention, is that when the Founding Fathers said "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion" they were talking about different Christian groups in America, Baptists, Lutherans, Quakers... Catholics, etc. If one is going to make this their main argument for saying America was never a Christian nation, they're sadly mistaken. As for all those Founding Fathers who "didn't like religion", they were outmatched by a people and society Christian to the core. Christianity bought the freedom Americans enjoy today. For people who don't like that, go to somewhere else where Christianity was not at one time at the root of the culture. It soon becomes obvious that for everyone else, Life, Liberty, and the Right to Retain Property (that's the original wording) just doesn't happen in those places. Check out the Middle East, India, and China when they aren't paying lip-service to Western criticism. Of course, Americans have already sabotaged their own Right to Life, but that's beside the point. If anyone wants to pursue it, I'm happy to talk more.
:iconkell0x:
Kell0x Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Student General Artist
The majority of the Founding Fathers were not Christian in fact they were Agnostic and some of them leading towards Atheism. They wanted the government and stage to be SEPARATED due to the treatment of how Religion was FORCED upon them in a certain previous country.

Christianity did not brought freedom to America did.
People did and sadly whetever or not you like it. Violence was also an important root to America's orgin.
:icontorahsylphwind:
TorahSylphwind Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Here's an excerpt from an article, and I will leave the link if you wish to read the full article. The author is David Barton.

"John Adams himself declared that the Rev. Dr. Jonathan Mayhew and the Rev. Dr. Samuel Cooper were two of the individuals “most conspicuous, the most ardent, and influential” in the “awakening and revival of American principles and feelings” that led to our independence. Other ministers whose influence and leadership were also important included the Rev. George Whitefield, the Rev. James Caldwell, the Rev. John Peter Gabriel Muhlenberg with his brother the Rev. Frederick Augustus Muhlenberg, and many more. (The exploits of many of these ministers are recorded in several older historical works, including The Pulpit of the American Revolution, The Patriot Preachers of the American Revolution, and The Chaplains and Clergy of the Revolution.) Regrettably, today we don’t hear much about the role of the church – of ministers and Christians – in the founding of our civil government."

Here's the link. The article is brief.

[link]

Also, as to the majority of the Founding Fathers not being Christian, over 54% were Episcopalian/Anglican, 18% were Presbyterian, 16% were Congregationalist, and then the rest were a mix of Quaker (4.3%), Dutch Reformed (3.7%), Lutheran (3.1%), Catholic (1.9%), Huguenot (1.9%), Unitarian (1.9%), Methodist (1.2%), and Calvinist (.6%). That adds up to a majority.

Here is the context for my findings, which you can peruse at your convenience. These were the men who stood up for our Freedom, and for most of them, what drove them was their determination not to give up their God-given rights. Christianity brought freedom to America. I'm sorry if you don't like it.

[link]
Add a Comment: