Enough of this already!

In general, we all thought 2012 would mark the end of the world. We were fortunately wrong. But the doomsday bullshit doesn't end here.

Mad scientists claim we're "5 minutes" away from total devastation from what we call the doomsday clock.

[link]

I don't see nuclear weapons or threats of using them. Do you?
Comments43
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I take it you really don't know much about the doomsday clock. It's symbolic. It's supposed to represent how close humanity is to offing itself. And it's been around since 1947 so it's not exactly a new thing. As for "mad scientists", we're dealing with the board of directors for the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists. This isn't exactly a bunch of random bloggers we're talking about.
I want to know how they will ever set the clock to midnight at the end of the world. Surely fiddling with a clock will be the last thing on anybody's mind when ten nukes are trained on your city or whatever. The whole thing is a waste of money. :grump:
These things have always and will always exist. Just ignore them.
Since this is apparently about Fox News, I'm just going to leave this here: [link]
Well, apparently, someone just needs to get another person to push the big red button. :nod:
I ignore Fox News. I find that my life goes smoother that way.
The fuck did you expect from Fox news?
The world did end. They left us behind.
"I don't see nuclear weapons or threats of using them. Do you?"

I take it you're living under a rock? :slow:
It has been five minutes.
Fox is definitely lying, or the scientists are on crack and told the gullible Fox people.

But if the world does end today, at least I won't have to do my final Spanish tests/exams of the semester. I will be hanging out with my homie God in bloody Heaven :dummy:
One of these countries (Iran, N Korea, etc) uses one nuke, or sells one nuke to a terrorist organization which is then used, the response will be swift and tragic. What are they gonna do? Destroy one city? It isn't even Mutually Assured Destruction for them. It's simply Assured Destruction.
I think the only reason they don't nuke us or any of the super powers because we have M.A.D. It would be like shooting a bear with only a rifle while the bear had rockets and machine guns.

Wouldn't be too confident about it though but it's a thought. :shrug:
Well, MAD implies we'll destroy them utterly while they destroy us utterly. With N Korea or Iran, that isn't at all the case.
Ah. But wouldn't we destroy them all utterly even if they don't? I mean, I would say the reaction to 9/11 is pretty much an example of how we would react if N Korea or Iran nuked us, the amount of damage made aside.
Exactly why I called it 'Assured Destruction.' They don't have a MAD, because there's no mutual going on there.
Getting your news from Fox is like getting family planning advice from teenagers.
Unlike the Mayan calender thing, this one is more symbolic from a group with a statement. Much like the people who actually believed in the Mayan calender deal, you apparently didn't read this carefully as said group is not much different from Occupy Wall Street (except with less crap in the mix of them.)
The doomsday clock is nothing new, having been around since 1947. THe time on the clock changes based on global threats.

Also relevant: [link]
The government shelters you from many world events if you don't look at the world's current situation on the web.
What kind of moronic fuck-monkey takes fox news seriously?

Stop being a moronic fuck-monkey. Be a better person.
I don't believe a word or letter that comes from Fux News. And did I say I believe in doomsday? I never have and I never will.
Then when in the holy fuck is this thread's point?

'Oh look guys, Fox News are saying something dumb.'

M'kay.