I think I need a new lawyer.

I have a lawyer because I'm my mother's legal guardian. She suffered a massive stroke almost 3 years ago and I had to go to court to get guardianship of her so that I can make sure all her medical needs are taken care of. And part of being granted the guardianship is that I, or rather the lawyer, has to put together an accounting statement and submit it once a year to show that my mother's money is being spent on her needs and nothing else.

This was supposed to be done back in August. Got a notice in early October that it still wasn't done. Called the lawyer, she said she'll do it ASAP.

Today I get a call from the court saying that I was supposed to be in court this morning with the lawyer because IT'S STILL NOT FUCKING DONE.

And I had no notice that I was supposed to be there. Apparently the lawyer didn't either because she's not even in the office today. She's attending some function at her son's collage.  :|

TL;DR: So, what's for lunch?
Comments115
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I know why you weren't in court. You were busy spending those funds on Crack! OH GOD THE HORROR! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BUY MORE CRACK?

Also, fire that bitch out of a Cannon(the Lawyer), and start dating the Judge.
I'm thinking I'll just have some chicken.
Fuck-a-doodle-do.

I appreciate people have their real lifes to deal with outside of work but to be so ignorant and negligent that it's landing people in court, disgraceful.

Thank god she doesn't work in healthcare.

I hope you get all that sorted! :hug:
I'll find out if we still get to go to court either this afternoon or Tuesday.
:hug: I got my fingers and toes crossed for you.
Fire your lawyer; she's not allowed to do that. Get a new lawyer, get your stuff taken care of and well sue your old lawyer if ya wanna.

As for lunch I'm making chocolate chip waffles; they sound delicious.
I spoke with the lady at the court house again this morning. She said the judge is pissed off at my lawyer. That makes me laugh a bit.

Waffles and pancakes always sound good to me, but after the second bite I just can't eat anymore of them.
Well yeah, you can't just not do your job. Even if you are a lawyer =P I hope everything works out for ya dear (=

True, I can only eat half and it suddenly feels like I've eaten a loaf of bread :O but it's so good :drool:
oh god D:

wedges with sour cream and homemade chilli sauce :dummy:
I like sour cream but then I have that phlegm crap for like an hour afterwards.
:no: Sue her ass.

I had a health meal for lunch.
I think I might have left over pizza for lunch today. Haven't decided yet.
What kind of pizza?
Well, shit :O Definitely look into a new lawyer. I don't know how someone could mess something that important up so badly.
No idea. Lets see how long before she calls this morning.
tough issue to deal with.I'd say ride the lawyer's ass , you're paying her. make her earn it.
I can't wait to hear what she has to say tomorrow.
I'd let her have it,vixxen style :D I can hear you now. " Look bitch, let me tell you something." =p
She isn't doing her job and that is endangering you and your mother. You definitely need a new lawyer.
Ack. I hate starting over with a new one. Damn her.