Closed to new replies
January 15, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 114

I think I need a new lawyer.

:iconfixmeknow:
FixMeKnow Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013
I have a lawyer because I'm my mother's legal guardian. She suffered a massive stroke almost 3 years ago and I had to go to court to get guardianship of her so that I can make sure all her medical needs are taken care of. And part of being granted the guardianship is that I, or rather the lawyer, has to put together an accounting statement and submit it once a year to show that my mother's money is being spent on her needs and nothing else.

This was supposed to be done back in August. Got a notice in early October that it still wasn't done. Called the lawyer, she said she'll do it ASAP.

Today I get a call from the court saying that I was supposed to be in court this morning with the lawyer because IT'S STILL NOT FUCKING DONE.

And I had no notice that I was supposed to be there. Apparently the lawyer didn't either because she's not even in the office today. She's attending some function at her son's collage.  :|

TL;DR: So, what's for lunch?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconastrikos:
Astrikos Featured By Owner Feb 11, 2013   General Artist
:rage:
:iconkkofthefunkoff:
kkofthefunkoff Featured By Owner Jan 27, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I know why you weren't in court. You were busy spending those funds on Crack! OH GOD THE HORROR! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BUY MORE CRACK?

Also, fire that bitch out of a Cannon(the Lawyer), and start dating the Judge.
:icongogo-t-w:
GoGo-T-W Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013   Traditional Artist
I'm thinking I'll just have some chicken.
:iconkingmancheng:
kingmancheng Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Professional Filmographer
Fuck-a-doodle-do.

I appreciate people have their real lifes to deal with outside of work but to be so ignorant and negligent that it's landing people in court, disgraceful.

Thank god she doesn't work in healthcare.

I hope you get all that sorted! :hug:
FixMeKnow Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
I'll find out if we still get to go to court either this afternoon or Tuesday.
:iconkingmancheng:
kingmancheng Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Professional Filmographer
:hug: I got my fingers and toes crossed for you.
:iconslavicwolf:
SlavicWolf Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
We had pizza.
:iconworldwar-tori:
WorldWar-Tori Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013   General Artist
Fire your lawyer; she's not allowed to do that. Get a new lawyer, get your stuff taken care of and well sue your old lawyer if ya wanna.

As for lunch I'm making chocolate chip waffles; they sound delicious.
FixMeKnow Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
I spoke with the lady at the court house again this morning. She said the judge is pissed off at my lawyer. That makes me laugh a bit.

Waffles and pancakes always sound good to me, but after the second bite I just can't eat anymore of them.
:iconworldwar-tori:
WorldWar-Tori Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013   General Artist
Well yeah, you can't just not do your job. Even if you are a lawyer =P I hope everything works out for ya dear (=

True, I can only eat half and it suddenly feels like I've eaten a loaf of bread :O but it's so good :drool:
Add a Comment: