Photographers, Photoshop, Suggestions ^_^

Photographers: What the hell is a photographer? o.O ''someone who takes photographs professionally'' I'm pretty sure anyone can do that, with a pretty expensive camera. It doesn't take much skill to snap a picture. I can understand when photographers use editing tools and/or Photoshop. But what irritates me is when I see a person posts their ''art'' and It comes out like this [link] and I'm just like ''How in the world does that take skill? How in the world Is that art?''. I may come off as ignorant but does It really take hard word, practice, and skill to take a photo? Someone please explain to me how is being a photographer a talent? Skill? Art? When ANYONE with money can do it. ._.

Photoshop: Photoshop kinda reminds me of steroids, like yeah the finish product looks good, but you didn't do it on your own, technically that's not YOUR work. What I mean by that is let's say someone draws a girl and it turns out pretty bad, so they use Photoshop and It's pretty decent. Or a regular nothing special photo, BAM they use a tool on Photoshop and everyone is like ''Whoa, how is she underwater like that? OMG so amazing''. Basically whenever someone uses Photoshop I don't see it as a drawing or a Painting more like an edit. <.<

Suggestions: I'm new to Deviantart and..I'm a perfectionist so I don't want to commit to Deviantart and keep posting my pictures If I'm not satisfied with it(I'm weird like that). So could you give me some critiques and suggestions on my artwork? Drawing --> [link]
I also paint so could you give me some critiques on my painting as well? XD Painting --> [link]
I'm new to Drawing and Painting, I use to be a make-up artist until I wanted to become an artist. I started 1 year ago ^_^.
Please and thank you. <3
Comments48
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
If you would like some feedback for your deviations, please post in the ThumbShare Forum. :)

FAQ #801: Are there any rules for the Forums?

:lock:
go on then, show us all up with your gr8 photos if it's so easy-peasy
I would but I have a shitty camera :C
a good photographer doesn't need an expensive camera :) :) :)
Photography: The click of a button doesn't mean anything, whether it's on a cheapy point-and-shoot or a fancy expensive camera. You have to know how the different lenses work in different situations. You have to know about lighting, composition, etc. Even when taking pictures of people, there's a difference between bad and good.

Digital Art: Photoshop and other digital programs are tools. It doesn't make something magically amazing; it's not a short-cut. It takes skill. This isn't automatically better because someone slapped on some color using a digital program, but this took time, skill, and knowledge of the program to create a composition. Your art isn't magically "more worthy" because it was done using traditional media.

Suggestions: Stop being a Complaints whore and get your ass down to Thumbshare.
Whore ''A person considered sexually promiscuous.''
o.o..Alrighty then.

I find you guys so highly amusing, and it just tickles to me pink to see how defensive you get. It's just an opinion, get over it. <3
Very ignorant opinions coming from someone aspiring to be an artist. :unimpressed:

And yes, you're being an attention whore. Go to Thumbshare if you want to advertise your drawings.
I found your comment very rude and hostile, so I was the very same towards you. =)
It started out good until I read the last part of your statement. That made me very sad. :(
Btw, I do not wish to advertise, I just want critiques.
This part of the forums seem to be the most active, plus I had some complaints so I decided to post here If I did not make the right choice, the thread shall be moved! ;D
Very ignorant opinions coming from someone aspiring to be an artist. :unimpressed:

And yes, you're being an attention whore. Go to Thumbshare if you want to advertise your drawings.
It doesn't take much skill to snap a picture.

It takes much more than that to make photography into art. Take a look at some of these bird photographs for example. [link] Anyone who's tried to take a photo of a bird will know that none of these came easy.
Lol a taking a picture of a bird seems complicated, especially if they keep moving.
But, I'm talking about bitches who snaps a picture of a chair, tint it, and call it art.
Ignore that random ''a''. ^_^
Such gorgeous bird photos! :heart:
Yes! I love these artists for sharing their work here on dA. :iconiluplz:
You've clearly never seen a bad photoshop before.

YEA, PHOTOSHOP.
You do, obviously. ;o
Keep being critical to people online, maybe then you won't realise who/what you are. :)
I know you will, troll. :)