Let me just clear some things up

OK so most of you have probably seen my thread [link]

Well I'm getting pretty tired of repeating myself over and over so I just thought I would explain that I DO have good reasons for needing a car. I didn't think of them when I wrote my last thread but it's all stuff that you guys kept mentioning during my thread.

First off I live in a canyon . . . it's really hilly and hot and far away from everything. Walking/biking is pretty impractical, unless I wanna go to the 7/11. It's like the only thing close by.

Busses do not go where I live, except the school bus. Besides that, I am not allowed to ride the bus, my mom says I'll get mugged/raped.

I'm not allowed to get a job because "school is my job" and "I'll get distracted".

I talked to my parents about saving up my allowance for a car and they were against it . . . they said THEY would decide when I'm going to get a car, and then get me one to make sure I get one that is safe and reliable.

I think it's a pretty natural thing and not a spoiled thing to want to be able to leave your house and go where you want to go. I think all teens want this. I think its normal and natural for humans, especially when they are teens.

To all the people saying THEY don't need a car so that means that I don't need a car . . . excuse me but we do not live in the same place, we do not have the same goals, the same parents, or the same anything. You can't measure different people by the same scale. Something that works for you isn't going to work for everyone else. We are different people, get over yourself, YOU don't set the standard for the world because everyone is different.

Also, my parents are really rich, so no, it would honestly NOT be a financial burden on them. My parents don't even need to work, they're just workaholics and love it. They've already admitted to me they have enough to retire on, pay in cash to send me, my sister and my brother to university . . . plus then there are the investments that are still growing.

So no it would not be a financial burden on them.

My parents don't HAVE to buy me a car, it's not a right, but that doesn't mean I don't NEED it in order to have a healthy social life with the people I wanna have it with.

I'm not asking for a super expensive brand new car. I just want something safe and reliable that won't break down.
Comments217
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
:lock: This is better suited to your journal. FAQ #801: Are there any rules for the Forums?
You forgot you are in the complaints forum...
You’ve only blocked three people? Why would you advertise that? Or their names for that matter?

You’re the whiny kid who doesn’t have a car, right?

Shut up.

Now, block me too. See if I care.
Seriously, get off your high horse. You don't need a car. Stop making up excuses on top of excuses. Talk to your friends in school. REAL friends will understand. Everyone else will be an ass, you'll get over it, go to college and never see them again.

You don't need to go to a mall to hang out and waste MORE of your parents money to buy crap you won't use in 3 months and will clutter you doubtless oversized house.

The more excuses you pile on top of excuses, the more you sound like a whiny, sheep-minded brat. "It's uncool" to hang out at a park? "Everybody else has a car?" "Nobody skateboards or skates?" "Little kids do that?" Seriously, it sounds like you just wanna be everyone else. Use your brain, do something different, HAVE A MIND OF YOUR OWN. Stop being so materialistic and simple minded.

By the way, no one cares about your excuses and why you supposedly NEED this car to fulfill your childish desires. Apparently you're so rich you've never had to think out of the box. :no:
It's less about your circumstances, and more about your attitude towards your "problems". Stop making threads and :icongtfoplz:, you're damaging your own image.
She damaged her image from the get-go. If she's going to be accepted here now, she's going to need an icon change, a name change, time, and a hell of a lot of growing up to do.
You speak truth. Especially the growing up part.
A need is something you have to have, something you can't do without. A good example is food. If you don't eat, you won't survive for long. Many people have gone days without eating, but they eventually ate a lot of food. You might not need a whole lot of food, but you do need to eat.

A want is something you would like to have. It is not absolutely necessary, but it would be a good thing to have. A good example is a car. Now, some people might argue that a car is a need because they think they can't do without it. But you don't need a car to survive. You do need to eat.

Are you SURE you need a car? I doubt you'll die without one.

One day you'll grow up and realize how wrong you truly are. :heart:
Uhuh. That's why I'm going to be rich and successful while you will be poor and miserable. :lol:
One day you'll grow up and realize how wrong you truly are. :heart:
You must be dumb because you're like a broken record.
Hey, at least I know what a pound symbol is. :lol: I thought that was common knowledge.

You make ME look smart. That's not an easy accomplishment. Really, I look like a genius next to you.
Pound? I think you mean hashtag.

:lol:
Can't tell if joking or serious...
Block list in signature...

:iconwtfisthisplz:
A helpful warning to other sane people out there.
*other stupid people.
3/10

You can do better
It's natural to want to have a car and go out... but considering your previous thread, it is spoiled to expect your parents to get it for you because they're rich :thumbsup:
I don't think so.

Is it spoiled for a middle (not poor or rich) kid to ask their parents for icecream?