heat, side effects, and an unhelpful computer.

First of all, I'm Australian. My heat tolerance is good- but ZOMGWTF this heat wave is awful, they added 2 new colours on the weather map, it is so hot. That is the background to this complaint- I am slowly being baked, so my patience is a bit thin. My back's much better when it's warm, though, so I guess that's a small blessing.

Then my medication comes in- it makes me percieve it as being several degrees hotter than it is. Great in winter, when I'm still in shorts and a shirt, less so in a record breaking heat wave. This low rent house I am in until I can build my own damn house has no ceiling fans, nor aircon (and I am not allowed to install either). If you think these are luxuries, you have never lived here. People die in this heat.

It also has the entertaining effect of sending me from 'as healthy as I get' to 'GET OUT MA WAY IMMA PUKE!' in about half a second, completely at random- but more often if it's hot, or I do something really stupid like trying to eat a whole meal at once, rather than a few mouthfuls at a time...or eat something gross, like lukewarm dinner because it's taken me so long it's at room temperature. Or drink anything cold...which is about the only way to avoid heat stroke. Or ride any form of vehicle, to get anywhere air conditioned, or go buy supplies to do something to take my mind off how much I feel like I'm turning into a puddle of goo.

So, here I am, trying not to un-eat any portion of my dinner (I have lost 15kg since starting these meds... Christ, I look different. I miss my bum, chairs seem to have gotten a lot pointier lately. And boobs. Those were nice things to have. ) when my computer decides, without bothering to notify me, that it is time to restart- so, there goes everything I had open, and the last half hour of work since I saved. Yes, I work at 3am. Better than trying to get anything done in the day time while slowly roasting.
It's not like the hardware store's open anytime when there isn't a high to extreme UV warning, anyway.

This is not a good day. On the upside, I was so irritated by everything, that I decided to clean a bit. I found many interesting things. :D
And apparently, prominent collarbones are fashionable.
Comments23
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Hey, are you still a cougar? Or did that end?
Hang in there, that sounds downright scary with no AC or fans allowed..
I don't know how your managing, everyone's going on about temps in the 30s here in NZ and I'm thinking "they'd being putting on sweaters in aus if it was only 30 degrees there!" I hope you're not in harms way from any of the fires. I feel for you :hug:
Thankyou :) I will admit to reading about heat waves in some places (the UK, especially) and thinking, well, that sounds pleasantly cool :D

I'm on an island, so we're pretty safe from spreading fires, thankfully :)
It’s way colder than usual where I am. Like I am freezing. It’s warmer here than most of the country. But for me, this is cold.

Since we are on opposites side of the globe, this makes sense.
*grins* While I've never experienced anything that you'd call cold, I can sympathise with the unpleasantness of temperatures that refuse to be reasonable :D
Ugh, high levels of ambient heat. At least it's cold where I am.
yeah... I'd prefer to be freezing than hot :D *Is a little Jealous*
It's been snowing, so it's nice and cool indoors. :la:
Poop on your computer.
that will solve everything! *laughs*
I'm freezing, if I could, I would send you my colds, sounds shitty though :( Hope you feel better soon <:
Thankyou *attempts to email you a few degrees of warm* :D
Euugh that would be nice!
It's too cold here. :saddummy:
*grins* trade?
Aw, man....I wish I was in Australia.....I usually hate the heat, but I feel I could do with being baked......any way sorry....
Yeah, nothing qhite like being cold to make you wish it was hot- or heat to make you wish it was cold :)
Haha, yes. Oh the deceptions of temperature....
Unhelpful computer? You're supposed to help yourself.
I was doing so, and then it restarted without telling me. It clearly hates me :)