Closed to new replies
January 14, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 152

Annoying Amateur Photographer, Part 2

:icon290pika:
290Pika Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Student Filmographer
So I posted back in the summer about one of my friends who advertises her photography on Facebook, and quite frankly some of the things she posts on her Shutterfly (which she uses as a gallery/portfolio of sorts, as well as to allow friends of the clients to view the images) belong on You Are Not a Photographer.

Problem is, her photography skills have not improved. You would think that after 6 or 7 months, it would have improved somewhat. She'd know not to post blurry photos, or ones where the contrast of the image makes the subjects look like ghosts. But no, she hasn't. :facepalm: And to make matters worse, she still doesn't know much about how light works, how to edit photos to look nice and not freakishly over-saturated, and the images she crops do this weird thing where the image gets skewed (apparently she uses some free image editor and it does this).

She recently did a photoshoot for our former high school's winter formal. All of these problems are present in her photos (though luckily, not usually all at once). Now, I understand making mistakes from time to time, or not realizing them until after the fact. But come on, are you really that foolish to not understand what looks good and should go on your website, and what doesn't and should be deleted?

At least she's not trying to hire people to make her "business" include make-overs, haircuts, and web design anymore, which she did in the fall. :lol: And I don't get the Facebook spam since I didn't friend her new account. Apparently, though, she recently posted, "I am begging you guys, check out this link. And if you have used me before, please write a testimonial!"

Tl;dr: The annoying amateur photographer has not improved and continues to charge people actual money for her handiwork. And actual people actual pay her actual money for these photos, too.

Bonus Complaint! I got sick again and I have wind band auditions Thursday. :saddummy: I was already sick during finals week and part of break, did I really need to be sick before auditions?

Anti-Complaint! My mom was cleaning the oven, and when the oven gets too hot the fans turn on. The fans have been on for the past 3.5 hours, and just shut off. It's so quiet. :heart:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconarvellas:
Arvellas Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013
That site rivals NotAlwaysRight for all the hilaribad it contains. :lmao:
290Pika Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Student Filmographer
I just love NotAlwaysRight. :lol: Cakewrecks is good too!
:iconzeflyingmuppet:
ZeFlyingMuppet Featured By Owner Jan 22, 2013  Hobbyist Filmographer
:giggle: I got these done for free. My BF ~Sowers25's dad took these, took him awhile to set up not to mention that it was cold outside (and there was a little snow outside)

Not sure what he charges for other clients/customers though.
I do take some of my own photos as well but I pretty much just like to post them for my friends amusement and watchers. My cam is outdated and need a new one lol.
:iconjessicaann87:
JessicaAnn87 Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
jeSUS! it takes time to learn. Just because shes not learning on YOUR schedule doesn't mean she wont get better over time.
290Pika Featured By Owner Jan 21, 2013  Student Filmographer
Still doesn't deserve $60/hr. :lmao:
people pay crap photographers crazy money all the time. Maybe THEY think she deserves $60/hour.
Her previous clients didn't. :iconteheplz: They were pissed at the results.
you can only blame that on them. If I were looking for a photographer I would look for somoene who has consistent great work. Lesson learned.
Exactly. :lol: I just don't understand why people would spend such money on terribly photography, and why the photographer thinks she's great enough to be spamming the hell out of everyone.
I would worry about you. If someone is stupid enough to hire a bad photographer that's their fault.
Add a Comment: