Closed to new replies
January 13, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 225

Here's your real "What's wrong with Complaints"

:iconbohobella:
bohobella Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
And no, the answer (for once) is not the massive amount of what's wrong with complaints threads!

But really, my fellow regs, take a look at our statistics: [link]

Half of our most popular threads are troll threads.

4/5 of those are by the same idiot.

I can't help but feel like we're the idiots if we've been reduced to troll food, really.

And I might be being generous, because I really don't want to believe that our #1 most popular thread, "I'm 17 and I don't have a car", is serious. But I have no evidence to suggest she's a troll.

For shame, complaints. We should be a proud race that ignores the trolls! Quite frankly I'm terrified of how much worse this will get when the popular threads widget goes public.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcrimsonmagpie:
CrimsonMagpie Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Have you blocked the people most guilty of what you're complaining about, or are they just too coward to post here? :laughing:
bohobella Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Too coward, apparently. I actually have not. Kind of surprising, but I guess since they're troll accounts they don't really check the threads if their name isn't in all caps in the title.
CrimsonMagpie Featured By Owner Jan 23, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Poor darlings, can't handle any rain on their little parade. :lol: I also find it amusing how this thread isn't very popular; people here don't like criticism unless it's of the nonsensical variety.
:icongreeneyedyoshika:
GreenEyedYoshika Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
In all honesty, people shouldn't buy routers and internet subscriptions.
:iconbiggcaz:
BiggCaZ Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
The vast majority of the folks here are bitch-made.

Its true that trolls generally gathered here, but there used to be more discussion, because the people that used to be here couldn't be trolled. They fucking knew better, and most of them knew they weren't special because they liked the taste of the same genitals they were born with, or because they can draw a somewhat pretty picture. So what does that leave us with? Actually decent threads, and I'm talking about before that Complaintopia bullshit.

Now its more about attention whoring pity parties than its ever been, and I wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for like the 3 of you assholes that keep making threads here!
bohobella Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
I never really fully believed the whole "it used to be better" crap until the thumbwhoring became common place on any and all threads, it really hit home for me. I realize people said the same thing about plz accounts, but those were one thing - glorified emoticons or whatever - this is just blatantly being a whore in an attempt to be "ironic" or whatever the fuck, that isn't ironic at all.

I realize, of course, that shit was shitty well before that... But I was generally optimistic.
:iconneurotype:
neurotype Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I'm agreeing with this just to bump your thread back onto the front page :P
:iconbiggcaz:
BiggCaZ Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013
I am definitely not saying better. The difference to me between then and now is the difference between a fresh pile of dog shit on the sidewalk on a winter day, and a fresh pile of dog shit on the sidewalk on a summer day. It really comes down to preference.

Personally, I liked old complaints, but that's more because I didn't have my shit together, and I'm an asshole with balls. So it was fun for me. Bitch made, attention whoring internet hipsters? Not so much.
:iconwizardofunseen:
WizardOfUnseen Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Meh
:iconrocklou:
RockLou Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
This is terrible! The complaints forum was always known for its quality! :nuu:
:iconskull123246:
skull123246 Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
:XD:
CrimsonMagpie Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
But you don't get it; here in Complaints troll threads are popular because we mock the trolls and totally DESTROY them! They only keep coming back because they're masochists who love being made to cry! And then we spam thumbs of our mediocre art that we think is great, and it's totally not cheap attention-whoring because we're doing IRONICALLY to show disregard for the thread! We're so cool and tough here, yeah! :smoking:
:iconwitwitch:
witwitch Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Student Writer
Your sig + this comment = win.
I find it an appropriate signature for many situations in these here forums. :B
:iconaldarune:
Aldarune Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013
It should be "affect". :paranoid:
Excuse me whilst I shoot myself. :stare:
Aldarune Featured By Owner Jan 19, 2013
:iconduckplz: Quack!
CrimsonMagpie Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Quark. :iconbritishplz:
Aldarune Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013
:iconsupermanplz: Clark!
(1 Reply)
:iconphoenixleo:
phoenixleo Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
Well that thing is certainly not posting regularly in the Arts forum. I thought Complaints forum would have burned it alive and get rid of it altogether. You are being lenient. :C
:iconpinkmitten:
Pinkmitten Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
Let's make a list of people who should not be here. I'll start.
-~Pinkmitten
-
-
-
-
-
-
:iconrocklou:
RockLou Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
-~Pinkmitten

It's worth repeating.
:iconpinkmitten:
Pinkmitten Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
Because it's such a cute name. :iconohstopitplz:
:iconartisticaxis:
ArtisticAxis Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
What did I say.
People *say* they dismiss illastrat... but from a trolling point of view he is consistently successful. At least judging from all the anger.
I can't believe (here of all places) people would so easily fall for his bullshit.
I've read through his threads and it's sad to see people getting seriously offended or pissed off.
He makes comically shitty art, and then turns around and makes undirected criticisms of art itself. People get mad. Why? Even if he's serious, I can't find it in myself to take him seriously.
Come on guys. We're better than that. ....Aren't we?
:iconthisismyboat:
thisismyboat Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Student Traditional Artist
The best response to guys like illastrat is no response. It took me a few threads to learn that though, so unfortunately I did encourage him a bit. I just hope everyone else learns that too. Even responses like "okay" or "no fucks given" are more than enough for him.
ArtisticAxis Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
I just urge him on like he's actually trolling with trolling ratings
He usually scores around an 8/10 or 5/10.
He's kinda weak.
:iconirononiji:
iroNoNiji Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I actually like replying to him. It makes other people reply to you, and you get interesting discussions.
Some people actually think his art is impressive. :stare:
ArtisticAxis Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
But duudde.
Those mspaint pictures.
So deep. Look at the social commentary in his pieces.
:iconkitsumekat:
kitsumekat Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
I'm more curious as to how this thread attracted more seniors than usual.
I noticed that, too. Maybe they all watch `bohobella?
kitsumekat Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
Maybe.
:iconpenhuin:
Penhuin Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Seniors travel in packs.
kitsumekat Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013
I see. :stare: I wonder who is the alpha in this pack.
:iconpenhuin:
Penhuin Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Who knows :iconeratsplz:
kitsumekat Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013
It's a mystery.
:iconjeweledscarab:
JeweledScarab Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Artisan Crafter
Most popular threads widget? Sweet fuck those troll threads in R&P will never die then. :stare:
:iconweludixon:
WeluDixon Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013   General Artist
I'm nostalgia'ing for the old trolls now, or at least some of the regulars which have faded away or been banned. There's always been lazy trolls with, "Durr, digital art sucks and all atheists rape puppies." but people knew better than to feed them. That or ripped them to shreds enough that they pissed off.
:iconsomnusvorus:
Somnusvorus Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013   Digital Artist
I agree with you there. Though, I think the 17 and wants a car girl is actually genuine and has issues with not being allowed to do anything without her parents consent. But yeah, best thing to do is to completely ignore trolls. Not everyone is going to do it though. =S
:iconkendrubbin:
Kendrubbin Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Student Photographer
Hehehe. 669 Replies.
:iconinkedalivebycolors:
Inkedalivebycolors Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
It's because this place became too accepting. Every random with a handful of post thinks they're a regular. It use to be a weeding process. The other day it almost hit twenty hours since someone posted a thread. The majority are bandwagon and don't know how to make threads, so they don't. All that is left is trolls and the people who think it's funny to copycat them.
:iconmurphysdinnerparty:
MurphysDinnerParty Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
In my opinion (though I may be wrong), that started when thread watching was enabled. I mean, people coming here, posting for two days and then becoming regulars.
:icondragonquestwes:
DragonQuestWes Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
Complaints was mostly shit before then but I agree, it got even worse after the thread watching thing came around.
Well yeah, before then it wasn't all that hot too. But I mean that people become regulars now really quickly.
:iconweludixon:
WeluDixon Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013   General Artist
That's a good observation that I hadn't noticed. Complaints got bombarded.
That could be it. I just wonder how the complaint's community became so accepting.
You guys grew soft.
I unfortunately have to agree. A lot of people left because it starting going down the shitter and no one, absolutely no one, is saying anything when someone is here for fucking one hour and then says "Well durr hurr dat's just the way Complaints is, a lion den".

Maybe I should care more? :saddummy:
Exactly. Some new account can just walk right in and own the joint. It's crazy to me.
Of course there is the handful who do still can't break old habits thank god for them, the minority has became
the majority and now shifted everything.

I don't know, maybe it would help.:C
:icondeviant-garde:
deviant-garde Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
That's something else I noticed too. Way too many motherfuckers slip through the cracks too easily...
I remember my first comment/thread I was eaten alive lol. I actually miss those days.
I come in now and then to see how this place runs, and every other comment is someone claiming they own the place or chime in following the trends the actual regulars set. They talk big, then come to find out they have a couple hundred post and they're considered in. Wth happened?:lol:
Add a Comment: