More and more people are posting screenshots of movies and cartoons as their own artworks on dA..

Is it just me, or are there more and more people posting screenshots and posters of movies and cartoons and animes as their own artworks? Here's just one example I saw tonight on the front page:

~Redworld96 the two deviations is basically these shots:

[link]

and

[link]

straight from the videogame official art.. D: not even a slightest bit of alter or credits except for adding his signature onto the official art. anyone else seem to notice more and more of these?
Comments58
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Me: "He can't be that bad".

*looks at profile*

Me: :iconwtfisthisplz:
:icondeadhorseplz:
At least they didn't steal my spices. Then it would be WAR.
well, I'm not calling out people to take action D: in fact, I didn't even report the person, I just told her to add credits and she complied. It's just a rant and it turns out this topic's over-done. I'm new to the forums so I'm sorry if this topic offends everyone apparently.
Well, perhaps you should have held off the ranting for a bit until your emotions cooled off.
I think that Deviant art should have stricter guidelines as to what can be submitted as art. All else can go up on Tumblr. I saw a picture up recently of some douche making a post about ' hey! this is my new hair cut!" -_- Seriously. that shot in the mirror with your camera phone is not art its photobucket.
those use to bother me, but I guess I've been desensitized from seeing too many. Nowadays it's more about girls posting iphone-nude photos of themselves and getting hundreds of faves. If it's with a proper camera, at least I can be like "well, maybe it's artistic nude", but those are grainy pictures that are taken with no more than an iphone -_-;
Sadly, most people who join DA won't even look through the TOS and such once. Won't even glance through them. Then newbies and children will post violations unknowingly and claim "I DIDN'T KNOW!"
It is becoming more and more frequent though, I notice.
The report system is so sluggish now though.
IMHO, it's only going to get worse until DA can't even withhold the most basic rules.
It's sad.
:3 well, if they truly didn't know, I let it slide. from what I see from people's comments, seems like alot of those kids become hostile after people try to steer them straight though D:

*offtopic* cute pichu as your icon xD :iconcandidthestrident: are you getting Pokemon XY?
They do but I don't think I could let it slide over their not knowing the rules. They click a box that says they did read them so they should be held responsible for their actions.

I wanna but it depends on what platforms it comes on.
It's gonna be on 3DS
I don't have that D:
If it looks like they're just recolors or some new kid, I kindly warn then how it's wrong and illegal, etc. Sometimes they'll learn their lesson and take the pictures down. That's the situation I hope for. Most of the time you get blocked. However this doesn't stop you from reporting the images.

If I can at least change one person then it's a good day. That's one person who'll stop recoloring and start drawing. So it's all good.
You're lucky it went well when you messaged them. I don't even try and do this unless I know the person is actually new. You can get in some nasty fights that way.

Now, I'm not saying DON'T message them, because the few people you get through to will make it worthwhile, I'm just saying be prepared for fallout. If you think this forum is bad, you haven't seen a kid trying to defend their shitty recolors :iconsadtardplz:

So at least familiarize yourself with the 'block' system if you haven't already. Use it sparingly but judiciously.
And are they causing you problems?
Nope, that's why I rather message them if they're new rather than report them. :| I'm just asking whether there's more and more of these popping up, nothing sinister. btw, ;) you have amazing traditional works, congrats on your dd :3
Don't worry, her stolen works will be deleted soon.

And thank you very much! :love: I love your works too, I'm going to fave them! :la:
nah, she's new to dA, so I didn't report her, she agreed to put credit to the origins of the images. xD wow, you're too generous with the faves :P thanks! Been going through your gallery. D: the hands... I struggle so much drawing hands lol
Oh I see. :lol:

Hahaha You're welcome! :D
Hands...it was the biggest challenge so far! :faint:
I guess hands will always be the bane of artists :P It's like the only thing that's deterring me from drawing a comic lol -_- there will be sooo many hands in a comic project.
:icondeadhorseplz:

Also, report and move on. :shrug: If dA doesn't do anything about it, that's their problem when copyright holders get on their ass.
It's always been like that, don't worry about it.
lols, yea. :P You gonna choose the water type for Pokemon XY?