What the hell, life.

In short: I've been on birth control for a very long time, never missed a pill, and always used alternative forms of protection. Yet I've somehow become impregnated with a strange little squishy, pukey, poopy, crying, money, energy, and time-consuming baby.

My main complaint being that I'm not as terrified as I should be. What the fuck, brain, snap into reality. Seriously.
Comments185
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
This is why you must always use condoms because the pill can be ineffective at times. Also, since I'm not exactly an adult yet (17) I'm on a low dosage so that could be another problem.
But yes. 3 methods; pill, wrapping and pulling out. The classic complaint "oh the condom broke" is unbelievable because you know how hard it is for those things to break!?
I had put it over my foot before it broke. Unless you have a huge dick (or have like 2+ hours of sex) its not gonna break.
But I hope you'll be fine... :hug:
Do you know if it's a boy or girl yet? :eager:
No. :dummy: We want a girl, though.
Step #2 is to never tell random people on the internet about things like this. I could probably count on one hand the amount of positive comments which are here. :stare:
You make it sound like that's a bad thing.
I don't really think there's a right or wrong way to approach this. :lol:
If you cannot afford to have the child, either abort it or let another desperate couple who wants to have a child have it. Personally, the latter may be a better decision, or at least in my eyes, but it's your body; I can't tell you what to do with it.
abortion makes you a killer so that is not an option at all...
We're lucky enough to be able to afford it. My mother's side of the family is well off and is, luckily, supportive of our decision to keep the child; so while we're trying to get on our feet to provide for ourselves they'll help us hold the fort down and provide us with a place to raise the child in the meantime.

I don't agree with abortion in my situation. Not for me, at least. I understand why others have them done and totally agree with the option existing, but I could never have one myself and despite how difficult this is going to be, I feel like keeping the child is the best choice. I'm not stupid enough to think this is going to be easy, but no matter how much of a "surprise" this was, we've made up our minds on it and I can only hope we keep our heads held high and our goals in place to achieve what we want.
In that case, be prepared to make a lot of sacrifices in your daily life.
Congrats on the baby. I wish you luck and hope things work out.
Babies rock, I love them, but it's going to be a ton of work for you and your boyfriend.
:iconbabyplz::iconsaysplz: Mama! Me have poopy.
THAT IS EXCITING.
Congrats on your baby.
:lol: Well you didn't have the slimist of odds, my one friend was using condoms on the pill and told by several doctors she could never be able to have a baby. She now has to healthy hooligans.
That is pretty damn amazing :wow:
It is. She's having her tubes tied just to protect against a third surprise.
How do you know you're pregnant? The odds are... really, really small.
Five positive home pregnancy tests and a visit to the doctor's have confirmed it.
Wow. But the odds! :noes:

All the best anyway. Not to beat a dead horse, but how far are you gone?