Closed to new replies
January 12, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 184

What the hell, life.

:iconmariaye:
Mariaye Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
In short: I've been on birth control for a very long time, never missed a pill, and always used alternative forms of protection. Yet I've somehow become impregnated with a strange little squishy, pukey, poopy, crying, money, energy, and time-consuming baby.

My main complaint being that I'm not as terrified as I should be. What the fuck, brain, snap into reality. Seriously.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconmidnalovez:
midnalovez Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013
This is why you must always use condoms because the pill can be ineffective at times. Also, since I'm not exactly an adult yet (17) I'm on a low dosage so that could be another problem.
But yes. 3 methods; pill, wrapping and pulling out. The classic complaint "oh the condom broke" is unbelievable because you know how hard it is for those things to break!?
I had put it over my foot before it broke. Unless you have a huge dick (or have like 2+ hours of sex) its not gonna break.
But I hope you'll be fine... :hug:
:iconbootypatrol:
BootyPatrol Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Do you know if it's a boy or girl yet? :eager:
Mariaye Featured By Owner Jan 20, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
No. :dummy: We want a girl, though.
:iconenuocale:
EnuoCale Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Step #2 is to never tell random people on the internet about things like this. I could probably count on one hand the amount of positive comments which are here. :stare:
:iconludwigvankickass3:
LudwigvanKickass3 Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
You make it sound like that's a bad thing.
Mariaye Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I don't really think there's a right or wrong way to approach this. :lol:
:iconludwigvankickass3:
LudwigvanKickass3 Featured By Owner Jan 18, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
Indeed.
:iconkiwi-punch:
Kiwi-Punch Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Student Digital Artist
If you cannot afford to have the child, either abort it or let another desperate couple who wants to have a child have it. Personally, the latter may be a better decision, or at least in my eyes, but it's your body; I can't tell you what to do with it.
:iconbdstudio:
BDStudio Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Professional Photographer
abortion makes you a killer so that is not an option at all...
Kiwi-Punch Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Student Digital Artist
:iconultimatefacepalmplz::icondoublefacepalmplz::iconextremefacepalmplz:
Mariaye Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
We're lucky enough to be able to afford it. My mother's side of the family is well off and is, luckily, supportive of our decision to keep the child; so while we're trying to get on our feet to provide for ourselves they'll help us hold the fort down and provide us with a place to raise the child in the meantime.

I don't agree with abortion in my situation. Not for me, at least. I understand why others have them done and totally agree with the option existing, but I could never have one myself and despite how difficult this is going to be, I feel like keeping the child is the best choice. I'm not stupid enough to think this is going to be easy, but no matter how much of a "surprise" this was, we've made up our minds on it and I can only hope we keep our heads held high and our goals in place to achieve what we want.
In that case, be prepared to make a lot of sacrifices in your daily life.
:iconpokey-bunny:
Pokey-Bunny Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Congrats on the baby. I wish you luck and hope things work out.
Thank you.
:iconpokey-bunny:
Pokey-Bunny Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Babies rock, I love them, but it's going to be a ton of work for you and your boyfriend.
:iconpinkmitten:
Pinkmitten Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
:iconbabyplz::iconsaysplz: Mama! Me have poopy.
THAT IS EXCITING.
:iconastrikos:
Astrikos Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013   General Artist
Congrats on your baby.
:iconladydeven:
LadyDeven Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
:lol: Well you didn't have the slimist of odds, my one friend was using condoms on the pill and told by several doctors she could never be able to have a baby. She now has to healthy hooligans.
:iconvanibun:
VaniBun Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
That is pretty damn amazing :wow:
:iconladydeven:
LadyDeven Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It is. She's having her tubes tied just to protect against a third surprise.
:iconrandomrobskii:
RandomRobskii Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Student Filmographer
How do you know you're pregnant? The odds are... really, really small.
Five positive home pregnancy tests and a visit to the doctor's have confirmed it.
:iconrandomrobskii:
RandomRobskii Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Student Filmographer
Wow. But the odds! :noes:

All the best anyway. Not to beat a dead horse, but how far are you gone?
:iconwalkingren:
WalkingRen Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
Congrats, and good luck, glad to see you still have some family members supporting you. :la:
:iconthemaideninblack:
TheMaidenInBlack Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
I'm on a birth control pill that has the highest dosage of hormones ever, so I do hope that means I'm much less likely to get pregnant due to the Improbability Factor. :stare: I do love children, but sometimes it's just the wrong time for it and not only that, giving birth just sounds scary to me.

You're young, I would really consider an abortion. Without coat hanger. :paranoid:
Or, alternatively, give someone else that little bundle if she can handle giving birth to it. Why not make some other desperate, wanna-be parents happy instead of making a really, REALLY hasty decision? I personally believe abortion should be only for when you REALLY cannot afford to have a baby, nor can you safely give birth to it, but that's just me. Either solution would work, but I would use an abortion as a last-ditch solution.
:iconlexi247:
Lexi247 Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013
Well, because of her age the baby may be born with some problems as well. Slight vision or breathing problems are common. On the other hand, I've seen/heard of teen moms who've given birth to babies basically on the verge of death. I think abortion wouldn't be the best choice, but is still a valid choice. But I see where you're coming from :)
Kiwi-Punch Featured By Owner Jan 17, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Agreed.
:iconthemaideninblack:
TheMaidenInBlack Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013
:hmm: I agree with you, but, I'm not the kind of person who would be able to let go of the baby if I decided to go through with it, which is why I suggested abortion. I personally think neither option is easy, but if it were my choice to make, I know what I would choose.
:iconloveinthesnow:
LOVEintheSNOW Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist
Goddamn, and here I am sweating my tits off about my birth control. :crying: I know the feels!
:iconzodiacgal:
zodiacgal Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
... Well, I'd go with condoms next time. But sheesh, those pills seem really ineffective. If you feel you can't take care of the child, maybe you should abort it?
:iconmikepav:
mikepav Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
just go get the abortion.
:iconkoyukuk:
Koyukuk Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Ok but in all seriousness, best of luck :3 :hug:
:iconkoyukuk:
Koyukuk Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
YOU HAVE JESUS BABY :la:
:iconmaddalinamocanu:
MaddalinaMocanu Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Professional Digital Artist
Well your fault >.>
:iconstressedplz:
stressedplz Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
How old are you?
:iconloveinthesnow:
LOVEintheSNOW Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist
:lol: Perfect plz.
:iconstressedplz:
stressedplz Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
Maybe she should focus less on the lion king and more on the infant.
:iconkinrift:
Kinrift Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
Yep, I'm getting my tubes tied before I get into that sorta shit. I'd be shitting bricks in your position. I'd hate having kids at any stage of life, let alone 17!

Welp, good luck with it all.
:iconmonsterpaladin:
Monsterpaladin Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Student General Artist
Get the whole uterus removed and then you won't have to deal with the period, either! :dummy:
Kinrift Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013
I'm male, so I only have to worry about manperiods. But I don't want my balls lopped off to deal with that! :icondummylaplz:
:iconmonsterpaladin:
Monsterpaladin Featured By Owner Jan 14, 2013  Student General Artist
So when you said tubes you meant vasectomy! Sorry, I got confused. ^^;
Kinrift Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013
Haha, it's the same phrase for both, so don't worry. :lol:
:iconcake-fiend:
cake-fiend Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
The odds of both the condom and the pill failing at the same time are pretty slim, so the odds really screwed you over.

Good luck to you.
:iconafterthenonsequitur:
AfterTheNonSequitur Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
My sister was the same way. She wanted kids, but not yet, and so went on birth control for the first few months of her marriage. Didn't matter, she was pregnant soon after. They rolled with it.

What's even stranger is that my mother had her tubes tied (she wanted to be sure she was completely unable to have kids) a few year before she gave birth to my sister. My sister and I should not exist. :evillaugh:
:iconcrimsonmagpie:
CrimsonMagpie Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
You could try smoking and drinking heavily until the baby decides it doesn't want to be in there anymore. :meow:
:iconfixmeknow:
FixMeKnow Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
I used to work with a girl that claimed she got preggers while on the pill and using a condom. She was a big liar-liar-pants-on-fire type, though.

On the upside, you have quite the story to tell your kid!
:iconenuocale:
EnuoCale Featured By Owner Jan 16, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I imagine most people who say that are lying.
Mariaye Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Whoah. :noes: Honestly I've thought about it and I'm thinking I might have missed a pill or something, but I really don't remember missing one. I guess a condom springing a leak + me missing a pill is a big possibility.

Was she pregnant, though? :la: Or was that the lie?

WONDERFUL STORIES.
Add a Comment: