Stop Opening my Door! (Or: How my dog and cat united to annoy me)

A little bit of background: My dog is settling into having a new cat splendidly, but the cat is a little wary of the dog. No hissing etc, but she likes to keep some distance between herself and the dog.

...until today, that is. My cat and dog have teamed up :stare:

My cat and dog have decided to bond over breaking into my room, every few minutes.The cat opens the door, lets my dog in, and then follows the dog. My room is ultra messy, so they both aren't supposed to be in my room.

They only do it when I am in there, so that makes me feel loved, and makes me feel bad when I discourage the behaviour :ohnoes:

Actual complaint: this chest/throat/sinus infection I have is making me feel like death warmed up. Shoot me plz!
Comments43
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Cats and dogs joining forces?

:nuu:

:cough: Also, hope you get better soon.
I have two cats and a dog, I know your pain.

One cat and the dog both barge in every few minutes if I'm not around them, and then they'll just turn and walk out, or start bugging me for affection.

The other cat, the good cat, knows how to quietly slip in, barely opening the door in the process, and just jumps up on my bed and IT'S ALL GOOD.

I wish the others were like her. :(
My cat just yowls until I get so annoyed that I leave my room to see what she wants, then runs behind the desk where she knows I can't get at her unless I move the desk :fork:
She does that to me now too :ohnoes:
Maybe they want to check you're not dead? Just in case.
:pointandlaugh:

Also, get well soon.
Hold the door closed.
So is it colder there now than it was a couple of weeks ago? My sinuses never act up when its as hot as you were recently describing.
It's a secondary infection. About a week ago, I got a throat infection, and it's spread to my chest and my sinuses.

It's actually a heat wave at the moment. [link]
That sucks. I hope it goes away soon. :hug:

Does that make being sick worse?
Dogs and cats: The new Dalek/Cybermen combo.
Damn smart animals.
My cat howls and whines until I open the door, she then walks in for a few minutes and walks out. Its like she just wants the option.
Our cats are exactly the same, they hate closed doors for some reason.
Cats do NOT like to be on the wrong side of doors. If I shut mine out of a room, they'll whine and yowl til I let them in. One has even taken to rattling the door by slipping his paw underneath and shaking.
:nod: One time,when my cat was in the bathroom, crying at the door. I opened the door... and she turned around and went to the bed we keep in there for her :iconwatplx:
Yeah, she didn't want out. She just wanted the door open. Being separated from the rest of the family makes them feel insecure. :)
Apparently my dogs freak out when I have my door closed [which is all the time] so they always barge through my door to open it as much as they can, then stand in the door way look at me for a few seconds and then proceed to leave. It sucks my door lock is broken so I can't actually close my door all the way. :lol:
So, your cat does something like this? [link]
Closer to this [link] , but it starts fully closed.
My dog and cat do the same shit all the time.
My room is ultra messy, so they both aren't supposed to be in my room.

So yeah, maybe do something about that
What happened to your bear? Did he play limbo with a razor blade, and lose?