Closed to new replies
January 11, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 121

Tomogatchi's are expensive.

:iconmrssocrates:
MrsSocrates Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013  Student Photographer
My niece wanted these fucking egg things that have little animals or whatever the fuck it is that you feed and play with and generally try to keep alive. Now these are the type of things you buy the egg/game and there are add ons (figurines on the top of the egg) you can buy. However they're packaging SUCKS (the picture was of it inside the package) and I had bought the figurines on the top not the actual game because the packaging LOOKED liked it was the egg, but it was just the figurine on top.

With tax, shipping, and all (because these fuckers aren't in stores) it costed $20. Steep, but I wasn't complaining because I like my niece. They get here, and I find that they aren't the actual game. Disappointed as I was, I went online and found the actual egg/game thing and purchased. Costing me another $18.

Now, I try to return the figurines on the top because I learned by paying extra attention that the ONLY egg/game they sell now ALREADY has a figurine on top. I understand wanted another figurine but, figurine by itself costs more than the egg and figurine! Why not have 6 eggs to go with each 6 figurines!? The refund I got back didn't cover shipping. Which is understandable, but now I've spend $10 on shipping.

Total it up to $28 for two tomogatchi's. Fuck, if I knew it would cost me so much I would of just bought her ice cream and explain to her the battery was just going to die anyways.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icontibban:
Tibban Featured By Owner Jan 15, 2013  Student Digital Artist
They used to be dirt cheap. Well, compared to this.
:iconstaple-salad:
staple-salad Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
To give you an example of why $20 sounds cheap. I had a dalmation one of these when I was in elementary school: [link]

Cost like $15-20 at Toys 'R' Us back then, now it's $130 on Amazon.
MrsSocrates Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Student Photographer
[link] $10. I just had issues and bought the wrong one, thats what makes it $30. $20 cause I had bought two.
:iconstaple-salad:
staple-salad Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
OMG I didn't know you could still get Tamgachis for under $50!!! I know where my next paycheck is going, HELLO NOSTOLGIA!

$20 sounds pretty cheap to me, given that a) I thought they had been discontinued and the only stuff you'd buy is from collectors and whatnot, and b) they cost like $20 new, in stores, in the mid-late 90's. Given the inflation over the last 15 years seems pretty cheap to get them the same prices. I wish I could find new big-name video games for the same prices I paid back then lol.
:iconwitwitch:
witwitch Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Student Writer
When you said expensive, I thought you meant like, upwards of 40 or 50 bucks.
I can see where you would think that, but I'm more on the broke side and didn't expect it to get to $30
:iconsapphire-ashesx:
Sapphire-Ashesx Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013
$18 dollars doesn't sound too bad for an electronic toy. It just seems like you were confused, it was kind of your own fault there.
:iconensoul:
ensoul Featured By Owner Jan 12, 2013  Professional General Artist
So is there something like this online yet? As minimalist as tamagotchis were, and with different evolutions? Because I sort of want to play that kind of thing right now

Although Lord knows I only ever got the punk duck thing goddamit
Um, the only ones I found selling online were tama-gos which is the egg/game thing. I think I saw something like music ones, but I didn't look into those. I didn't find any other versions. Check their website, it says some are in store but I didn't find any in the 3 stores I visited.
:iconmiontre:
miontre Featured By Owner Jan 13, 2013  Hobbyist Photographer
Yup, even some on dA. :lol: [link]
Add a Comment: