Allstate, give it a rest already!!

I'm really getting tired of insurance companies spending multi millions of dollars on TV ads. Did they ever think that if they stopped spending all this money on ads and lowered their rates instead that they would get more customers in this time where everyone is trying to cut costs? I mean the mayhem ads are cute, but especially the ones with Dennis Haysbert are getting annoying. Me, I'm going to a cheaper company that provides service and lower rates, not costly TV ads.
Comments58
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
The mayhem commercials are my favorite. :la:
Of all the commercials I would say mine too. I actually don't run to the bathroom when one is on.
Insurance ads are much better than prescription medicine ads. When you spend more time listing side effects than on the actual ad, then I think it is time to reconsider whether you should have an advertisement at all.
The mayhem billboards look like they're for a play. I thought they were for months. Now I just wish they were. Mayhem sounds like an awesome play.

I've always wondered what would happen if McDonalds or Coke cut their advertising in half. Or even just by a quarter. How much would sales actually go down, if at all?
I'm sure they could make a cute movie using the mayhem theme. I enjoy the commercials so I would so watch a movie if it used the same actor.
I would want it to be a drama. I haven't seen any commercials, actually. Just the billboards.
I forgot the mayhem commercials were Allstate, I thought they were Geico after not watching TV for a while. These companies get so focused on building up their new "thing" (The Geico Gecko, the Allstate Mayhem Guy, the State Farm jingle) that they forget to ACTUALLY advertise their insurance...
yeah, they have a lots of cute commercials on and, truly, sometimes you are so enjoying the commercial you don't notice who put it out. I love the mayhem commercials and it took me awhile to find out who was advertising.
I enjoy the mayhem commercials, but I have no idea what company it's for. :shrug:
See, their commercials are not even helping them.
I thought this was a complaint thread about illastrat.

Oh well.
I don’t watch television. I am really missing out.
We should stop advertising altogether, right? Because you can use that argument for ANYTHING.
Oh, you must be an Allstate Insurance agent.
I meant "We" in the general sense. :lol: We as people should not advertise anything, including our businesses that make our livings.
Have you ever had an accident and they add a surcharge to your premium because of it? Or maybe they lowballed you on repair costs? If they have all these millions around to pay for all these ads, and they are on every day and night, then they can give you cheaper rates and get more people to buy insurance from them then they get with TV ads.
Yeah but you could use that argument against any industry. :lmao:
I see a lot of Fortune 500 companies that don't do any advertising at all. Maybe Allstate is just lame and needs to advertise heavily. With anyone new and with their advertising costs they will probably break even so what is the point besides to annoy people who are getting tired of TV commercials in general.
And if they never put any ads out, almost no one would know that they exist.
That may be true with new upstarts but Allstate has been around for years. "You are in good hands with Allstate."
Except there are actually a lot of large insurance companies that don't put any ads out, one actually has a history that goes back further than the US despite only do insurance there.
You could say that about nearly anything.