Stupid Squirrels

These fat fuzzy shits keep climbing up our bird feeders and breaking them, chewing them and making the whole feeders fall down and scatter bird food everywhere like confetti. My step dad (for some reason) thought it would be better to get these little bags that finches usually feed off of. Well the squirrels were like OH COOL and chewed the fuck out of at least 15 of them now.

We've done a variety of things to keep them away. Nothing seems to be working. :stare: (And no, we don't shoot the bastards) But geeze. Let the birds eat and enjoy their food and go find your own.

They also sit on these little branches and nooks in the tree's around our house and stare into the windows. It's creepy and makes me very uncomfortable. WE JUST WANT TO FEED THE BIRDS. IS THAT TOO MUCH?!

Bonus Complaint - I read Twist and Shout (a destiel fanfic) for the first time last night. I can't stop crying :stare:
Bonus Complaint 2 - I don't want to go back to college next monday.

Anti-Complaint - My best friend isn't going back to his university for at least 2 semesters, so no more painful goodbyes for awhile! :la:
Comments54
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I love squirrels! I'd put feeders out just for the squirrels! They're so funny to watch. But if they're plotting to overrun your house I suppose I would be upset too. :P
If your feeder is on a pole, grease it up with shortening. Getting a squirrel baffle for it might help too.
Ha, I'd love to see a squirrel try and climb that. :XD: Thanks for the idea.
It's hilarious, trust me. And since it doesn't smell good, they don't lick it off.
Birds are just as scary, though.
I was once walking through a church parking lot and there was this pigeon I was heading for. Suddenly out of nowhere, this whole flock comes up and crowds around it, staring straight at me. Pretty much daring me to come closer.
...I decided to go around them. :saddummy:
Birds are pretty scary. :stare:

You are a brave soul. I applaud your escape tactics. :iconclappingplz:
Thank you. :icontardhugplz:
I applaud your applause. :iconclappingplz:
How kind of you! :bow:
I feel like squirrels are trying to get me or something... A squirrel almost jumped on my face, another was following me home, and one ran right in front of my bike while it was moving... I'm scared of squirrels now x3
are your birdfeeders hanging down or on a pole/stand
well for the one on the pole try putting something like this [link] or this [link] , my grandma has one on hers and squirrels can't get near it. For the hanging ones you gotta get one like this [link] or this [link]
Ooh, thanks for the suggestions! :meow:
welcome^^ I don't know how well the hanging ones work but the pole ones absolutely do, at least the cone one, that's the one my grandma has, and that particular one is older than me, just don't let them get rusty, cause then it's gritty enough for them to climb it.
Have you tried a squirrel baffle?
In theory we have stuff to feed birds, but we're too lazy/forget/either of the above. :dummy:
I'd rather see squirrels than birds. They're so cute!
They are cute, but I hate them. :stare:
Squirrels are evil... that's why I have dogs!

But anyway, there should be some sort of pepper powder you can mix into your birdseed to make it distasteful to the squirrels. The problem is you have to be careful when mixing it. You don't want pepper powder in your eyes for the same reason you don't want pepper juice in your eyes...
I don't understand why hippies who feed birds refuse to feed squirrels.

Bonus complaint 1: I am sad this is not about the godawful Beatles jukebox musical of the same name.
Squirrels are cute O:
It's not that we refuse to feed the squirrels, we just don't wan them eating from the bird feeders. :XD: They're free to eat the obnoxious amounts of feed we supply on the ground in our yards.
Maybe they're jealous that the birds get special feeders?