Anna Lum

I'm calling you out, Anna. Or, I'd at least like to call you to tell you to stop giving my number out as yours.

Oh, Anna Lum. I know your name because I've had far too many calls for my liking asking for you.

It's annoying as shit, I get messages from your friends asking about birthday/christmas presents for your kids, or when you're going bowling. More worryingly, you've attached my phone number to your halifax bank account. And DFS kindly told me when your sofa was being delivered. Scottish Power also wants to talk to you. I hope you've been good and paid your bills.

I'm writing this to you, Anna Lum, in the event you fancy googling yourself and find this page and discover the number you think is your number is actually mine.

TL;DR: STOP GIVING OUT MY NUMBER AS YOURS. :iconfliptableplz:

Bonus Complaint: people stopping me in the street to get me to give money to their charity/convert me to religion/get me to buy their shit are also annoying the crap out of me.

"Hi, can I just stop you for a minute?"
"No thank you."
"It's okay, I'm a monk!"

Mate, that's not going to make me stop. I'm more likely to run a marathon, especially since I've seen that bible in your hand and was pretty much cornered into donating last time.

"I don't have much money..."
"ANYTHING WILL DO."

Welp. Let's keep walking.
Stop targeting me because I'm young, female and look like I won't say no.
Comments84
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
:icondaleplz: FINE, NO MORE ANNA LUM. IT'S RUSTY SHACKLEFORD. RUSTY... SHACKLEFORD.
Even if they managed to corner me like that into donating/hearing their ramblings, I'd still say "no" without feeling remorse. :paranoid:
I'm really bad for feeling guilty. I had a thread on here before about some 'homeless' guy pestering me for money. To cut a long story short, he begged me to go to the atm to give him money for a place to stay - bear it in mind it's really dark - then asked me to walk with him to the hostel. I freaked out, gave him a few quid and got the hell out of there, stopping at the hostel on the way to pay for his stay, incase he was legit. As it turned out, they stay because of the council, and don't take money.

As you can probably guess, I'm generally walked over when it comes to people on the street asking me for x.y&z. I will no longer be any sort of doormat.
In my case, it rarely happens to me, if ever. I can't really trust them. They're probably not "homeless" but alcoholics, drug addicts, lazy people, etc. Or liars. Although that's not the only reason I ignore them. It's not like we're forced to give money to whoever asks us.

My mother told me once she noticed a FREAKING LIMOUSINE taking a supposedly 'homeless' man to who knows where. It was something that happened every day. Why were they doing that? I have no idea. But it does seem really suspicious.
Yeah, I feel kind of obliged to or my conscience guilt trips me. On the plus side, that's really getting less and less as time goes by.

...And what the hell happened with that homeless guy? It sounds like the start of Trading Places. :noes:
We don't know, that was a long time ago. :noes:
We used to get random ass calls, but he/she never left a message. :stare:
My dad gets calls from market tellers all the time and this is his typical response: "STOP FUCKING CALLING ME. I DON'T WANT YOUR PRODUCT." Then he hangs up.
We get those a whole lot. Sometimes when I call home I put on an accent and do the whole "can I speak to the owner of the household?"for laughs. They fall for it every time. :lol:
I’ve had my land line for 7 years now. For at least 4 of them, I got constant calls for a Deborah Blume. She apparently owed a lot of people money or something. I told everyone who called they had the wrong number. I still will get the occasional call. I put myself on the no call list and that helped a lot.
Wow. Do you think they ever caught up with her? The hard part about the 'no call' thing is that the numbers are always changing. I keep getting texts about claiming PPI too, and it's literally always a different number every time.
No. I used to work for the phone company before. When I did it was easy to track down people’s forwarding addresses. But I have no way of doing it now.
How do you even do that? :stare:
Do what?

Remind me of the baaabe~

Apologies, I'm having a very Labyrinth week.
I keep having a school call me.
:lol:
Why? Did they think you were a student/prospective parent/parent of a child who's been naughty?
The lady didn't fix her phone number and despite the fact I kept telling them they have the wrong number, they kept calling for her.
I once got calls for Simon, they rang me up in the middle of the night and I was like, "I'm not simon go away!", they must have told him, since I stopped getting the calls.
Always getting calls for Simon, or was that just the one off? :lol:
I think I got a load of text which I ignored, then just one or two calls.
I keep getting calls for a guy named Herman Cortez. I think he had my phone number before I got it. But I've had my phone for 4 years now, his bank should realize this isn't his number anymore.
...How have they still not changed it after four years...?
Someone once tried to stop me and take my picture once... I just half-screamed "NO!" at them and ran for the hills.