Link

Statistics

Replies: 22

An actual complaint about dA

:iconakumatataka:
AkumaTataka Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
this shit again?

-------------------
We have moved 8 of your deviations from "Resources & Stock Images > Stock Images > 3D & Renders > Human & Humanoid" to "Scraps".

The administrator also said the following:
Upon review it has been determined this deviation was improperly placed.
In accordance with our policies it has been moved your Scrapbook area as this type of content is not considered a valid stock or resource material.
For more information please read [link]
If you feel that this action was made in error please contact deviantART customer service and file a "Policy Inquiry" [link]

The reason this may have happened can be read in FAQ: Why was my deviation moved?

Moved Deviation #1: digimon yuri
Moved Deviation #2: jet half out of a door render
Moved Deviation #3: tied maid v4
Moved Deviation #4: tied samurai
Moved Deviation #5: naked maid
Moved Deviation #6: tied maid
Moved Deviation #7: tied maid v3
Moved Deviation #8: tied maid v2

This is an automatically generated note and replies will be lost. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the help desk

Thank you.

------------------------

A while ago I remember seeing a dA wide post saying that you guys actually do look at these posts. Well I hope you're fucking looking. This shit has happened twice now. Are you fucking serious?

let me get this straight.
1. I casually pursue the internet
2. find a picture I like
3. decide it is a good pic and would like to render it.
4. render said pic
5. can use this supposedly 'illegal' render in my own damn artwork and that isn't copy right infringement. but I can't post it up for others to use because that is.

so you're telling me that because I find an image that has no way of getting permission from people who made it because the site is anonymous. That someone willingly and purposefully put up on the internet to showcase; knowing full well that damn near anything and everything on the internet is accessible and subject to 'right click save as,' is going to spontaneously jump through my router to bitch slap me with a lawsuit of copyright infringement? Like hell they are. We have been through this dA. Any image I have found where I can ask permission I do. I've been denied multiple times on various different pictures. So let me put up a point

C(r)apcom owns the rights to the character Akuma.
Anyone who draws, paints, or creates an image of Akuma (by your logic) without asking C(r)apcom is in violation of copyright infringement.

YET 90% OF YOUR FUCKING SITE IS IMAGES DONE BY PEOPLE CREATING IMAGES OF OTHER PEOPLES IDEAS IN THEIR OWN WORK?

ever sonic fanfic
every streetfighter tag
every naruto yoai
every digimon yuri
hell every single damn meme.img

Go piss in someone else's corn flakes. You're not fucking with my past renders or render packs. Its just the new renders that I'm putting out. I can't be the only one raging at how much stupidity you are having.

go kiss my thread icon ass

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconxadrea:
Xadrea Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
...you're joking right? To start off, your images were miscategorized in the first place. Secondly, you cannot "peruse" the internet for images you would like to "render." That's called copyright infringement, and is generally looked down upon.

Since you're obviously too bothered to read the information dA has about what constitutes as "fan art" I will paste it here for you:

What does deviantART consider "Fan Art" to be?

Original fan art are those works in which the submitting artist has done 100% of the work but the work itself depicts characters, scenes or other themes which were properly created by another creative person.

When creating fan art, which essentially copies from an established source, it is considered good etiquette to credit your inspiration. Please note that it may be considered unacceptable to precisely duplicate your inspiration by directly tracing or copying every single detail so that it is difficult to tell your work from the original, so please be certain to add your own personal touches and style.

Fan art should not feature screenshots, official artwork, scans, copyrighted photographs, or similar items.

You're lucky the images weren't just deleted completely.
dA's definition of 'Fan Art'
dA's stance on traced work
dA's stance on 'crediting'
:iconvi0letdream:
vi0letdream Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Student General Artist
Just because it's on the internet, doesn't make it yours.
:iconpinkmitten:
Pinkmitten Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
:iconakumatataka:
AkumaTataka Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
ikr
:iconkorukikonaru:
KorukiKonaru Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
Uploading something that isn't yours. :icontheresyourproblemplz:
:iconwizardofunseen:
WizardOfUnseen Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
tl;dr
:iconstripedpower:
StripedPower Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013   Digital Artist
You're just removing the background and posting the rest as yours.

If you can't fucking find the artist, why are you using their artwork without permission?
:iconk-koji:
K-Koji Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
There are things in your gallery that are still there that will also be removed. This one:

is taken from an artist on Pixiv: [link]

Your comments: "idk where the pic comes from i was just asked to render it"

It took me two seconds to find it. Thing is, now you've stripped away all remnants of the original artist, and slapped your own signature on it.
Not only that, you have a Print enabled of this, as you do with all of your "Renders". When you upload something to Deviantart it automatically copyrights it to you. You had nothing to do with the creation of these things. The only thing your doing is stripping the original artist away and enabling anyone to paste this like a stamp on their own backgrounds.

For this one:

Is from:

Your comments: "(insert usual crap about copy right) check fav's for origonal pic" and you have Print enabled

The original artist is even on Deviantart. You just didn't even bother to ask them if they minded you re-uploading their work without their signature and telling everyone they can use it however they want. It would have taken you 2 seconds to send this Deviant a Note, but if you did that, there's a high chance they would have said no.
If you can't get permission to use something, don't use it.
:iconk-koji:
K-Koji Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
Woops- first one here [link]
:iconcrimsonmagpie:
CrimsonMagpie Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Professional Traditional Artist
What's not acceptable about their decision? You were offering images you didn't create as stock/references, which - aside from being a disrespectful and dickish thing to do - is also against the dA TOS. 

And hell, if I were an admin, I'd wipe your whole gallery for your fucking idiotically insulting attitude toward crediting and copyright. 'bla bla bla insert copyright crap here yak yak yak', 'credit to origonal owners'... and that's when you can be bothered to credit at all. 

As a professional illustrator it's my professional opinion that you are a mong. 
Add a Comment: