Closed to new replies
January 9, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 168

Reason people Hate On Furs?

:iconcody-h:
Cody-H Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Student Photographer
That is my question to all of you who dislike. To me; a lot of haters don't know much about what they're hating on. Some of you dislike us because you have met someone in the Fandom you dislike... there's people in every Fandom that won't meet your tastes. Some of you dislike us because you want to try to annoy us... whatever floats your boat. People who rant about Furries, either honestly or jokingly, criticize more about Furries than Furries do themselves.

One thing I like about Furries? They bring smiles to people, everyone want's pictures; etc. [link] (YouTube)

Please, in all honesty, take some time to learn about us first before throwing out hate comments, (Unless, you find it pleasurable commenting thoughtlessly)
We're not all into "gross fetishes". Meet a few Furries before you have your say. ^^

-Cody
Future Colorado Public Fursuiter
(Near Denver!)

Devious Comments

:iconnamenotrequired:
namenotrequired Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Student Interface Designer
:lock: at OP request :)
:icondelusionalhamster:
delusionalHamster Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Fur is murder! Stop the fur industry!
Cody-H Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Student Photographer
We use fake fur.
:icondelusionalhamster:
delusionalHamster Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Good for you!
**REQUESTING TOPIC LOCK**

I am not evading anything. Please feel free to leave a (Mannerly) comment on my page continuing (a) discussion if you wish to talk to me still.
:iconsbkmulletman:
sbkMulletMan Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
If you're not evading anything, then why are you running away by having this locked?

[link]

:iconchickenplz::iconsaysplz:Let's get the Hell out of here!
You are welcome to stop by on my page and continue discussion.
And fall into an obvious harassment trap? Sorry kid, I know the tale of the boy who cried Yiff.

I know better than to follow a dirty furr-monkey into its den. Horrible, nasty things happen in there. Which reminds me, you piddle in the TOILET, not the corner, dammit. And stop drinking out of those damn things!
That comment says a lot more about you than it does about me.
If you weren't such insecure piss-babies, maybe people would like you more.

Pulling your dicks out of underage creatures might help your image as well.

:iconthe-uglytruth:
The-UglyTruth Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
You talk like you are an authority, why is that? A lot of 'we' and 'us' being thrown around. If you don't want people making mass assumptions in one direction, why should anyone listen to your mass assertions in the opposite? You're working with the opposite side of the same coin.

All I've seen of this 'furry' spree is an escapist mentality driven by common human social urges. Don't fit in with the rest of the world? Hop in a suit and pretend that you're something else. Keep digging until you find that social niche. Do I hate people for it? No. Everyone's doing it these days, because they can. I wonder how much the internet has to do with the ability for things like this to rise out of the dust. It's easy to hide behind a monitor until you know that it's safe to come out of the basement. Were these trends even existant 50 years ago? 20 years ago? I very much doubt it.
Well I'm glad you don't hate them. I'm not living in a basement, I'm 16, I'm living in my room in my mothers house.

Look; we are a group of people who want to hang out / meet other people who like the same thing,
Clearly you took to what you were reading too literally. Also ignoring my initial question.
He's 16. He's at that age when he only hears what he wants to hear.

Oh, but don't worry, he's a fine, learned and mature elder in dog years! He knows what he's talking about.

:giggle:
:iconohyoudogplz:
Put that away before this furr-fucker rapes the poor thing.

In fact, put a shock collar on it to make sure.
Which 'it' are you referring to? :iconteheplz:

I just don't get it. Now that video games and generally geeking out have become hip and cool, people are forcibly creating new ways to become outcast.
Oh, forget the shock collar and just neuter both of them.

In fact, I have a few ideas for scientific studies for this furrvert. Ever seen "Plague Dogs"?
(1 Reply)
No; you just stated something incorrect and I corrected it.

Could you please post your question again, as clear as you can? I'm not 100% American, I have trouble with big words sometimes. My English level is only at intermediate.

I don't want to evade your question; it's kind of rude to do so.
Makes sense why you think I stated a falsehood instead of simple hyperbole, then.

Kid. You are saying 'we' and 'us' in your OP. You are grouping yourself in with all other 'furries' and making claims on their behalf. So you are making assumptions for a lot of furries, and then telling everyone on here to not make assumptions about furries. It's silly.
Yeah. My English is Intermediate, and I'm only 16, sometimes I don't know what I'm saying. Just replace everything "We" with "I" then.
:iconh-irsch:
h-irsch Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Student Digital Artist
I'm a furry myself but do you really think this post is a good idea?
Indifferent. Probably not to be honest.
:icontoxicotic:
Toxicotic Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
Why are you so interested in wanting to be some anthropomorphic animal and why would you want to publically wear a fursuit, let alone privately?
Why privately when you can do it publicly?

And because I am. It's an interest of mine, and a interest of a lot of other individuals; and I'm sure you have interests too. Why do you like those interests/
...No, you're not an anthropomorphic wolf thing. You just really, really, really want to be. You're human.

If I was a furry and I was so compelled to wear one of those fursuits (and I most certainly am not a furry nor would I ever be compelled to wear a fursuit even if I was a furry), I would rather do it privately as I would prefer not to make a public fool of myself while pretending it's going to be socially acceptable one day to wear a mascot uniform in WalMart or some shit.
Okay. And that's your opinion. That's fine.

I was actually going to go shopping A Fursuit in the future one day at Walmart...
Shopping for it is one thing, but where would you even wear the costume? And how do you think you're going to react to all the staring, laughing, etc.?
Out of all the fursuit videos, they were being swarmed with people who wanted to take pictures, and meet them... just sounds a tiny bit different from what you're saying. Did you look at the video in the link?
Toxicotic Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
No, I wasn't interested in your pro-fursuit propaganda video, but I guess I'll watch it now.

In a video that strictly portrays the reactions to fursuits in a positive light that only seems to be coming from children, don't you think that's going to be dramatically different to say, walking into WalMart, getting a shopping cart and walking around buying shit? Or just walking down the street in the fursuit?

Don't let wanting to be a super speshul "weird and different" anthropomorphic animal make you stay in this socially awkward teenage phase and turn you into a future social outcast where it might really affect you.
Those sick videos also play on the ignorance of children to the point where it's even creepier than it should be.

If the kids (and parents) were properly educated about what the furries do with (and IN) those fuck-suits, would they really be as happy and positive? So there you have it: the furries have to resort to deception in order to appear "friendly".
(1 Reply)
I'm pretty sure you don't want me linking you to every furry video to prove myself. But yes, that one was only of kids, but among others, there were also adults (alone) who wanted pictures, adults with their parents / friends, etc. But it's not about pictures.

And please excuse whenever I've use "We" or "Us" in my past posts.

I won't be socially awkward, trust me. I will still do what I like, but I will learn. Again, I'm only 16.
(1 Reply)
So your objective reason for being a furry is demographic popularity? As a side note, those 'people swarming' were kids and their parents. Why? Because they believe that the people were simply entertainers with the goal of making the children smile. Nothing more, nothing less. It has nothing to do with people embracing the 'furry culture' or anything like that. Children like animals.
No, I just state that a lot, sorry. I mean, yes, it's going to happen, but it's a nice thing to make people smile. And yes, that video was only with kids, but among all other videos, a lot of adults alone too, like IHOP Workers, or phone stand workers in a mall, wanted pictures.

I'm not for demographic popularity though. My main priorities are going to be going to a few Furcons in my life, and hanging out with my friends.
(1 Reply)
:iconcactusskate:
CactussKate Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I don't hate on furries. I've got masklophobia for a fairly valid reason, unfortunately.
Sorry to hear. But glad you don't hate on us! A lot of people do, because of one bad personal experience, they blame the whole Fandom.
CactussKate Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Yeah, that's true.
How are you doing, by the way? ^^
CactussKate Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
Pretty good, thanks!
:icongogo-t-w:
GoGo-T-W Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013   Traditional Artist
Aw, I thought this was gonna be something like PETA crap and how lovely, soft and wonderful real fur is.
Afraid not. Sorry to misdirect thee. ^^
:icondj0hybrid:
DJ0Hybrid Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
"It starts again, it starts again, it starts.
Life goes on and then,
I'm ready to start again.
Turn off the sun,
Are you ready? let's start again."

:icondeadhorseplz:
:iconklaxonlithology:
KlaxonLithology Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I don't know about you, but when the horse gets all bloated, that's the best time to beat it. Dessicated flesh falls apart easier, and sometime a colony of maggots crawl out.
You say we're disgusting, look at you.
Yeah, and I'm the disgusting one.
Never said you were disgusting. Get ahold of yourself.
There's a thing called 'dark humor'.
Neat! Well I'm still going to be a Furry no matter what. I'll dedicate a Picture to you later on!
I wasn't...trying to convince you not to be a furry...ohgod.
I give up. You're too stupid.
:wave:
Not sure where that came from, but okay.
Add a Comment: