My Science Teacher

I went back to school from winter break last Wednesday, which means new classes. My new fourth block is Integrated Science,which is great because I love Science.

My teacher is really nice, too, but she doesn't really teach us anything. We'll come in, she'll give us a paper and a sheet that has instructions on it, and we'll do that silently the whole class. And sometimes she gives us notes, we never really write them ourselves though.

I asked a few of my friends that had her before if it was always like that and they told me it was. It's a bit frustrating to have a teacher that doesn't actually teach you anything. Science is supposed to be a fun, hands on subject. Not sitting in a desk doing busy work for 90 minutes.

I really love the subject, but I think this class is going to ruin it for me. :saddummy:
Comments55
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I hate it when teachers ruin subjects for you. It's horrid. On the plus side, I have an epic history teacher this year. :la:
That Monday i had gone to school from winter break. It certainly means that new tasks and new classes. My science teacher is really nice, and he does not really teach us anything. Any how it is very nice for us for paper and a sheet that has instructions on it.

That Monday i had gone to school from winter break. It certainly means that new tasks and new classes. My science teacher is really nice, and he does not really teach us anything. Any how it is very nice for us for paper and a sheet that has instructions on it.

Sounds like someone...

:iconumbridgeplz:
my math teacher is like that except she dosen't give us notes she just expects us to know it
Maybe it's because she's not an atheist.
Umm. Because is easier for her to give you the work while she does other things or nothing.

It depends of course, but I had a teacher who gave us the work and the newspaper while he was reading the newspaper, and he demanded silence. As a contrast, I had another that was the kind of crazy looking scientist and loved experiments, we mixed a lot of shit in that class, lol!
*gave us the work to do while he spent the hour reading the newspaper, and he demanded silence to be able to read it.
Ha, I never really liked science mostly because throughout all my classes, none of my science teachers would have any fun with the subject. That was until psychology. Fun teacher, interesting stories, etc.
And yet I still suck at spelling 'this'. :stare:
At least your teacher is nice, unlike that bearded bitch I had for chemistry.

''Mark, you'll never pass thgs subject at the rate you're going''

*Gets an A1 on my leaving cert.*

Blow it out your ass, lady. I'm awesome! :B
Maybe you should talk to her about it or the principle. That could possibly do something. When I was in school my classes were 90 minutes, too. It used to be shorter due to "REACH" which was basically study hall, but people abused it.
I went to a school where we had four 90 minute classes, best school i ever went to.

Sorry to hear about your science class, that sucks.
That's disappointing. She's basically a babysitter then, if she's not really interacting with you :hmm:
Pretty much. :saddummy:

Plus, the work is really easy and I can get it done in about 20 minutes, so I just sit there bored for about an hour.
Your classes are 90 minutes? That sucks, mine are only 45.
Yup. 4 90 minute classes and 30 minutes for lunch. It's actually not so bad. We go by a block schedule and it makes the day seem like it goes by faster. I have 4th lunch, so by the time I go to lunch I've already been through three of my classes and only have one left and then I get to go home.
We have 8 periods and one of them is lunch (but you don't have to have a lunch, you can take eight classes if you're an overachiever.) I have 3rd lunch though, which is at like 9:30 in the morning. :stare:
That's breakfast time. :stare:

My lunch time is 12:20. It's 12:50 by the time I get to fourth.
I know that feel. Our science teacher gives us a bunch of questions when we learn something new, then actually teaches it to us a few days later, so we end up doing the questions all wrong. :saddummy: Plus, she always goes off on rants about her cat and there goes half the class.
When I was in middle school, my english teacher had a stuffed animal cat that she'd talk to sometimes and interact it in the class. I swear she believed that cat to be real. :stare:
When I was in school we used to intentionally get the teachers talking about their personal lives or interests to kill time in class. Our German teacher loved talking about WWII, our history teacher loved talking about Russia and any female teacher you just needed to mention a current soap on TV.
:lol: Then when you fail tests you can blame the teachers.
God, I had a crazy Chemistry teacher like that. She brought kittens to class though, so that made up for it a little.