Closed to new replies
January 9, 2013
Link

Statistics

Replies: 54

My Science Teacher

:icontotoka:
Totoka Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I went back to school from winter break last Wednesday, which means new classes. My new fourth block is Integrated Science,which is great because I love Science.

My teacher is really nice, too, but she doesn't really teach us anything. We'll come in, she'll give us a paper and a sheet that has instructions on it, and we'll do that silently the whole class. And sometimes she gives us notes, we never really write them ourselves though.

I asked a few of my friends that had her before if it was always like that and they told me it was. It's a bit frustrating to have a teacher that doesn't actually teach you anything. Science is supposed to be a fun, hands on subject. Not sitting in a desk doing busy work for 90 minutes.

I really love the subject, but I think this class is going to ruin it for me. :saddummy:

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconawesomeizzy:
awesomeizzy Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I hate it when teachers ruin subjects for you. It's horrid. On the plus side, I have an epic history teacher this year. :la:
:icondisneyticket:
disneyticket Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
That Monday i had gone to school from winter break. It certainly means that new tasks and new classes. My science teacher is really nice, and he does not really teach us anything. Any how it is very nice for us for paper and a sheet that has instructions on it.

:icondisneyticket:
disneyticket Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
That Monday i had gone to school from winter break. It certainly means that new tasks and new classes. My science teacher is really nice, and he does not really teach us anything. Any how it is very nice for us for paper and a sheet that has instructions on it.

:iconhtblack:
HtBlack Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
Sounds like someone...

:iconumbridgeplz:
:iconabrigedfoamy:
Abrigedfoamy Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
my math teacher is like that except she dosen't give us notes she just expects us to know it
:iconprosaix:
prosaix Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
Maybe it's because she's not an atheist.
:iconbonnieknox:
BonnieKnox Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Umm. Because is easier for her to give you the work while she does other things or nothing.

It depends of course, but I had a teacher who gave us the work and the newspaper while he was reading the newspaper, and he demanded silence. As a contrast, I had another that was the kind of crazy looking scientist and loved experiments, we mixed a lot of shit in that class, lol!
:iconbonnieknox:
BonnieKnox Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
*gave us the work to do while he spent the hour reading the newspaper, and he demanded silence to be able to read it.
:iconh-irsch:
h-irsch Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Student Digital Artist
Ha, I never really liked science mostly because throughout all my classes, none of my science teachers would have any fun with the subject. That was until psychology. Fun teacher, interesting stories, etc.
:iconfullmetal-animator:
Fullmetal-Animator Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Professional Filmographer
And yet I still suck at spelling 'this'. :stare:
:iconfullmetal-animator:
Fullmetal-Animator Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Professional Filmographer
At least your teacher is nice, unlike that bearded bitch I had for chemistry.

''Mark, you'll never pass thgs subject at the rate you're going''

*Gets an A1 on my leaving cert.*

Blow it out your ass, lady. I'm awesome! :B
:iconx666nightmare666x:
x666NiGhTmArE666x Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
Maybe you should talk to her about it or the principle. That could possibly do something. When I was in school my classes were 90 minutes, too. It used to be shorter due to "REACH" which was basically study hall, but people abused it.
:icond-bandersnatch:
D-bandersnatch Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I went to a school where we had four 90 minute classes, best school i ever went to.

Sorry to hear about your science class, that sucks.
:iconkizziesama:
Kizziesama Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
That's disappointing. She's basically a babysitter then, if she's not really interacting with you :hmm:
Pretty much. :saddummy:

Plus, the work is really easy and I can get it done in about 20 minutes, so I just sit there bored for about an hour.
:iconvi0letdreamer:
vi0letdreamer Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Student Photographer
Your classes are 90 minutes? That sucks, mine are only 45.
Yup. 4 90 minute classes and 30 minutes for lunch. It's actually not so bad. We go by a block schedule and it makes the day seem like it goes by faster. I have 4th lunch, so by the time I go to lunch I've already been through three of my classes and only have one left and then I get to go home.
:iconvi0letdreamer:
vi0letdreamer Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Student Photographer
We have 8 periods and one of them is lunch (but you don't have to have a lunch, you can take eight classes if you're an overachiever.) I have 3rd lunch though, which is at like 9:30 in the morning. :stare:
That's breakfast time. :stare:

My lunch time is 12:20. It's 12:50 by the time I get to fourth.
:iconhurricaneclaw:
Hurricaneclaw Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I know that feel. Our science teacher gives us a bunch of questions when we learn something new, then actually teaches it to us a few days later, so we end up doing the questions all wrong. :saddummy: Plus, she always goes off on rants about her cat and there goes half the class.
:iconwheezergirl:
wheezergirl Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
When I was in middle school, my english teacher had a stuffed animal cat that she'd talk to sometimes and interact it in the class. I swear she believed that cat to be real. :stare:
:iconweludixon:
WeluDixon Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
When I was in school we used to intentionally get the teachers talking about their personal lives or interests to kill time in class. Our German teacher loved talking about WWII, our history teacher loved talking about Russia and any female teacher you just needed to mention a current soap on TV.
Hurricaneclaw Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
:lol: Then when you fail tests you can blame the teachers.
:iconnicetints:
nicetints Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Student Digital Artist
God, I had a crazy Chemistry teacher like that. She brought kittens to class though, so that made up for it a little.
Pfft :lol: What? The only time there's ever been an animal in our school was when my Science teacher brought her dog in two years ago. That is, if you don't count the rabbit pelts we used in class the other day.
:iconnicetints:
nicetints Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Student Digital Artist
She claimed to have an Opossum, caught wild mice at the school and kept them in aquariums, and brought in a kitten one day. :stare:

And gave her blind mother a blind dog.
XD

A blind dog? I can't say whether that's a really good idea or a really bad one.
:iconsingagainsoon:
singagainsoon Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
My art teacher tells us stuff like that about her cat omg. It's too funny, but we all have to sit there and act like it isn't, so she doesn't start crying.
Why is it always cats? :lol:
I don't know! That's usually the case though. She just recently got a boyfriend, but before that, she had pictures of her cat on her desk. There must have been three or four of them. cx
Aww :lol: Lonely teachers with cats, eh?
Getting more and more common, I think x3 I have a dog instead of a boyfriend, though, so maybe I understand a bit.~ My history teacher got divorced, and he has a picture of his dog on his desk. He's cool though, because he'd rather show us a movie than make us work. c: There are some odd teachers at my school, though :nod:
My teachers are like kids, I swear. XD

One gets excited over a projector, another throws a hissy fit, one has mood swings, one acts like a fourteen year old, and another speaks all kinds of slang, from thirty years ago until now.
That sounds like fun omg. :D

My math teacher lets me listen to music on his phone (since we like the same music) and ends up talking about music instead of helping with math. My history teacher drinks soda by the two-liter and likes watching movies instead of doing work. My chem teacher likes setting things on fire and he talks like a stereotypical 1920's gangster. My art teacher cries about cats and dresses like a forever 21 mannequin. My gym teacher yells a lot and slides around the floor on one of those spinny chairs. My English teacher likes to threaten to kick people in the throat, and order Chinese food to share with us on Fridays (but only my class because she says we're her favorite). And my principal is six and a half feet tall, and he likes to joke around like he's one of the students.
(1 Reply)
:iconbenjamin-biddix:
Benjamin-Biddix Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
I guess it's a artistic stereotype....from what I have seen.
Could very well be XD
:iconcake-fiend:
cake-fiend Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
she always goes off on rants about her cat and there goes half the class.

:laughing:
It started off with her explaining that they had a carpet, so the cat would always get charged with static electricity... And then there was no hope left.
:iconkinrift:
Kinrift Featured By Owner Jan 9, 2013
This sounds totally hilarious.

Like how the email password of one of the teachers at my school is crap1crap. :lol:
Whaat :lol:
My math teacher got a new projector, and she was all happy like Christmas had come early. I swear she made extra notes just so she had excuses to use it.
Another teacher names all his files 'Awesome stuff' and 'Garbage'.
Kinrift Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013
Those are brilliant file names. :lol:
Hurricaneclaw Featured By Owner Jan 10, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Makes it hard to find what you're looking for, too.
Kinrift Featured By Owner Jan 11, 2013
Unless you're used to it, I guess.
My English teacher literally wasted a whole class once telling us about her cat's medical condition.
:lol: No time to sneak in any homework or anything?
Nope. :lol:
I'm not lucky with that - I sit at the back, but right at the end of the isle so the teacher gets a clear view of me, while the rest of the people sitting by me get to work while she blabs. :saddummy:
:icontherethereplz:

I normally wait to do my homework until I get home. Idiots in my classes are so loud and obnoxious it's really hard to concentrate. Plus, I like to listen to the radio when I do homework.
I cram in the mindless homework whenever I can, like brainstorming essays and write ups and stuff, so I have more time at home to do whatever.

I love music when I do anything, except for story writing. Which is when I want it the most. :saddummy:
I don't think I could do that.
Add a Comment: