Exams

My state decided to make all high schoolers who have taken certain classes (except for the seniors, unless they didn't pass last year's exam) to take these new tests. The freshmen get seven chances if they get to take it now, sophomores get six, juniors get three, and seniors get one. That's the plus-side (second chances are great).

The negative is that on top of state exams we're also having midterms, on the same days, and regular class tests. The teachers have no mercy. I guess that's fair though.
Comments82
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Welcome to my world. I have midterms and finals and I took all the provincial exams before.
Most likely, your state exams will not be way harder than your school midterms and finals, so just study and you'll get it done when you get it done.
I would normally say "Yay! I'm done with school!" :iconyaayplz:

BUT... I'm stuck looking for a job with money dwindling and school loans looming! I'd rather go back to high school. :noes:
I am aware, from what I've heard, how life after school is much harder, but I am still stressed out. That was the point of this compliant, haha.

That really does suck though, and I hope you find a job!
We had those in my high school. They were really easy. No one studied for them.
Yes, the standardized tests are easy, however mid-terms and the others aren't easy as the standardized tests. (That's really sad on the state's part)
I'm not seeing what the complaint is then.
Really? I thought I was being whiny in my original statements. Hm, well, my compliant is just having to take so many exams, quizzes, tests, ect. in two weeks time.
I'm the avatar and you gotta deal with it!

Sorry, that was my immediate reaction. XD
But yes, I'm dealing with it, I have established that it is all fair anyways.
Soon, all this will not matter much anyways
The standardized tests don't matter at all, because they don't count since I'm in 10th grade, but if I don't pass them in 12th grade I can't graduate.
I know, but you will be able to judging by how serious you are about these exams
Oh okay. Thank you.
Wait till you start college. I have university exams next week and 3 2000 words essays to type due the week after. >.>
Wow. That is a lot of work. I'm sorry.
No need to apologise. If you want to go to college and do well, you have to do a lot of hard work and the work load will increase. Third Level Education is completely different ball game from Second Level. =S
Aaaaghhh, the American educational system.
What are these tests?
Standardized state tests, mid-terms, chapter tests, vocab test, poetry test, various chemistry tests, ect.
Pfffft.... Didn't have any of this horseshit when I was in high school. Sucks for you, chief.
They seem to add more as the years go by.
State standardized testing is generally painfully easy. The high school exit exam in my state is apparently laughable, and usually everyone passes it (except the non-English speakers).